Skip to main content

Fitbit Friday: 1/15-1/29

January 15th 
This was a fun day. I was already trying to get to 10,000 steps every day for a week, and I was keeping up with my streak... but my friend who is in the National Guard had some sort of test that started at 3 in the morning and got 18,000 steps before 10am her time... so of corse she started the Daily Showdown challenge because obviously she was going to win right? WRONG! Lol. My sister's fiancé can't back down from a challenge and ended up doing 30,000 steps. 

Anyway, how did I do? I got 11,293 steps that day. For the challenge I ended up getting 12,122 because I was up late cleaning my room and because my friend that started the challenge is in a different time zone she's an hour behind so the challenge goes on till 1 for my time... which is pretty cool. So that ended up working for me.


January 16th 
This might be tough, but I can do it! I've got 1,660 already. It is 9:32 am right now. We're having company over today so I can't totally just walk all around the house like I usually do. Also most people in the challenge are going to be at the party... so we shall see. I'm winning so far, but its not even 10am yet. 

Alright... so I was kind of bad. I was at 4,000 when my family was all here. I got up to 6,000 by 8pm and I didn't want to move anymore... I just wanted to go to bed or sit down and watch a movie or blog or something... but I didn't want to not get my streak. Also now its saying the goal is 10,000 steps because that is what the American Heart Association recommends... so I'm kind of keeping that in mind. My dads side of the family has high blood pressure and a history of heart disease... so I kind of figure this is a good way to prevent heart disease or a heart attack. I did eventually get 10,000 steps by 10:30. And I'm happy about that! Plus...it is my time... ladies. You know what I mean. I feel like its better since I've been walking and working out instead of just sitting down. Idk I feel like I've needed less midol... so thats a good thing. I think. I'm thinking its helping a little. I don't know... not a doctor lol. But I did it and it was good. If I can do that tonight... no excuses! Lol.

10,122 steps 

January 17th 
I actually did a lot yesterday and got to 10,000 pretty early in the day. I ended up coming in 2nd for the weekend warrior challenge... but yeah. I went shopping, I went to the gym... I did a lot. And before 4:30 I think I had 10,000 so that was extra good.

Total Steps: 14,419 personal best!!! 

January 18th 
This is the last day of my sort of 10,000 steps a day in a week challenge... and its off to kind of a bad start. I couldn't find my fitbit charger. And I just found it around noon... so I didn't step a whole lot yet... but still. I need to get to 10,000 and I haven't worn it that much today... its not going to be easy.

Its 4pm now... I have 2,346 steps... I don't want to walk much more... lol. I'm going to be 100% honest. I can still get to 10,000. I kind of want to try to get to 4,000 now... but I feel a little shaky and dizzy. Idk I've been walking around the house and I was watching Snapchat videos at the same time and I guess that made me a little dizzy. I'm not going to try to overdo it or anything... but I can get there.

6:38 now. I managed to get 4,116... not bad. I may get up soon and just start walking all around. I'm going to try to get 10,000... but if I get 9,000 I feel like I'll be happy. I've probably stepped 1,000 steps at least without this on.

I did it! I just started walking around my house and playing with my dog... and despicable me 2 was on... so it wasn't super hard.

Total Steps:10,663+ Probably a thousand more when I wasn't wearing the Fitbit lol! 

January 19th 
It is past midnight right now... I sort of want to get 1,000 or 2,00 before going to bed. I started a Goal Day challenge and the friend thats in the national guard was like "Ha nice try. I'm doing a 4 mile walk tomorrow." And I'm like 'its just goal day... not a daily challenge... the point is to meet your goal." So... I feel like I need to win now cause she needs to be taken down a peg. Lol!

So I reached my goal pretty early in the day. I don't think it was 4 yet. I went to the mall, and I didn't buy anything I just walked all around... and I went to the grocery store and then out to dinner and then the gym... after the gym I already had 15,000 steps and I went home and I was like "ohh. I'm close to 16,000 might as well just walk around the house and do that... then I was close to 17,000 so I did that... then 18,000... and then I was like "I just need to do 20,000." There was no point in not doing it then right? Right.

So yes... I made it to 20,000 steps. It was around 11:35 I think I made it. I'm not sure my legs are going to work tomorrow... we'll see. They hurt a bit now...

Total Stats: 
Steps: 20,090
Miles: 8.25 
Calories: 3,414
Floors: 33 (this has been extra sensitive lately... but I think this might be accurate. I went up and down a lot of stairs today.) 
Active Minutes: 150 
and it says I went on a 1:03:13 walk... which I know I've walked more than that today. Lol. I was walking all through the mall... I was at the gym for almost an hour and then I walked around my house for another hour... so idk. Lol. It changed throughout the day but I don't think it included it all together like that.

Also I should point out 2 of my friends in the challenge have higher goals than everyone else. So they may have had more steps than me, but they have a lower percentage because it measures percentage based on your goal and not based on the steps. I'll update tomorrow cause I may not have won just because I did all that stepping... but I'm pretty proud of myself either way and I'm going to humbly brag about it. Lol.

January 20th 
Today I'm a little tired... its 2:02 pm a d I've got 1,442 steps. I'm not going to overdo it or anything... I just had a couple cups of coffee... so maybe I can get to 10,000... I know I can... I'm not going to be that upset if I only get to 5,000. Lol.

Didn't even make it to 5,000... lol. 4,134... I'm kind of okay with that. Yesterday I got twice the amount of steps... so this makes sense to not even get half. Tomorrow I'll do it though!

January 21st 
It's almost 12pm and I have almost 1,000 steps... so I'm not doing too bad. Not much going on today... but you know. There's that. Lol.


Didn't get there! Only got over 7,000 but... tomorrow I'll do it for sure! I know I said that yesterday... but spoiler alert... its tomorrow already when I'm writing this and I passed 10,000 lol.

Total Steps: 7,182

January 22nd
Today was the day before snowmagedden. Lol. It was the last day to get out before the snowstorm... and I wasn't going to really try to get to 10,000 but I was in a rut for 2 days... so I wanted to kind of try and I was halfway there... and as you know... I did it.

Total Steps 10,117 

January 23rd
I am snowed in today... like my mailbox is almost buried and snow is still coming... so I have no idea if I'll actually do 10,000 steps or not. Probably not... idk I feel like it just won't happen today. But we'll see. Its 1:04 now and I have 1,649 steps.

I started a weekly challenge for next week because I need to be motivated again. Lol. I've been bad and I want to get back on track again.

Total Steps: 6,258 somehow it thinks I climbed 38 floors... that didn't happen. Lol. 

January 24th 
So yesterday I was just cleaning my room and I cleared out my stuff from my sisters room, and I did over 5,000 steps without actually trying... so I might kind of try today... but if I'm snowed in I'm not gonna overdo it. Its 12:30 right now and I have 8 steps. Last night I think I had 1,000 before I went to bed... so thats good. I'm going to do 10,000 every day for the workweek hustle challenge that starts on Monday.

Actually... I'm not going to wear it today. Its been bothering my wrist a little bit, so I think I need to wear it a little more loose and maybe take it off at night. Plus its nice to just have a day off and not worry about it.

Total Steps: 243 counted

January 25th 

Workweek Hustle... I wanted to try to get to 10,000 every day... didn't happen. I only got a total of 2,364 steps... to be fair though, I didn't have it on all day. I probably stepped 1,000 steps or something without it. I want to try to make up for it tomorrow because I don't want to lose this challenge... lol. I kind of want to win or be one of the first winners... so hopefully I'll be able to get a little over 10,000 tomorrow... I want to get to 20,000 but I know I won't get to 10,000 the next day if I do that... so We're gonna maybe try 15,000 tomorrow? I'm going with that. It's also 2am right now on the 26th... so I might be too tired tomorrow. and my dog hasn't been waking me up very early. We'll see what happens. I need to clean my room... maybe I'll do that tomorrow early in the day.

January 26th 
Still didn't get to 10,000. Didn't get to 5,000 even... just 4,485. Idk why... I don't have excuses, you know I've gotten 10,000 steps in days where I haven't gotten many... so I could have done it... but whatever.

January 27th 
10,203 steps Not bad! I went to the gym and listened to Hamilton which motivated me... so yeah. I want to get 20,000 one day... maybe Friday. If I start the next Fitbit Friday with 20,000 steps that would be cool wouldn't it... especially since this one was a little lame.Lol.

January 28th 
10,074 steps! Not bad! Went to the gym... didn't do much else. My sister had a package coming she thought I'd have to sign for it... but I didn't... but yeah. I was home and I went to the gym and then came home and finished the rest of the steps. Lol.

So yeah... sorry this wasn't super exciting. But I did get my personal best with the 20,000 steps and I need to continue with that. The idea is going to be to get to 10,000 or more every day next fitbit friday... and to do 10,000 every day in February.

Byeeee!
_Shannon









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f