Skip to main content

Fitbit Friday: How I've been keeping up with my fitbit goals.

So for a New Years Resolution, I wanted to get 10,000 steps on my fitbit every day that I feel healthy enough to... or at least get halfway there or reach one of my goals for the day.

So its January 3rd now... and I've gotten 10,000 steps once... lol. I'll update with further progress... I'm not making excuses or anything cause I was healthy enough to get to 10,000 steps both days... I could have easily gotten that... but I haven't been.

So January it was good because I got over 1,000 steps before before I even went to bed. My friend lost her car keys New Years Eve and I was walking with her to find them... so I got over 1,000 steps. Then some crazy things happened, I had to help out around the house, I had gotten to around 7,000 with that and then I just tried really hard to get to 10,000 and I walked all around my house... and I made it!

January 2nd was also a crazy day and I was at my house all day pretty much. I had to really try to get to 6,000 but I walked up and down the stairs 11 times and I reached all of my goals for calorie burning... so I was okay with that. My ankle did hurt a little bit that day... not an excuse cause it didn't hurt that badly and it didn't hurt all day... but still. I could have done a little better... I just didn't. Lol. So that was pretty bad.

January 3rd... I haven't finished yet, there's still an hour left in the day... but I only have 5,116 steps. I'm going to clean my room... so maybe I'll have a bit of a head start for tomorrow... but for tonight I'm definitely not going to reach my goal. My excuse... its a lazy sunday! Not a good one I guess... but tomorrow I have a competition for whoever gets the most steps in one day. So... I'm gonna try to get as many steps as I can! Maybe when I wake up I'll just go up and down the stairs in my house 10 times so that I at least have that goal set! Lol. I'm really really going to try!

The rest of these I'll update like logs cause as I do with most of my posts... this is written in real time. Lol.

January 4th 
Off to a bad start here. My fitbit isn't working... of corse on the day I have this contest and when I started doing this blog... its not working! I'm a little annoyed. I guess I need to connect it to the dongle and then see if it works.

So I eventually did get it working, and it was my lowest day so far... but thats okay. I still got 5,125 steps... and my goal was to at least get halfway there, so even though I was lowest in the challenge, I'm not going to let it discourage me! I'm going to hope this is one of my lower days in the year! Lol.

January 5th 
Alright its 9:47 now I have nearly 7,000 steps... not that close to 7,000 but  I can make it still. I can even possibly make it to 10,000. I like getting 6,000 steps because then its not that hard to get to 10,000 from that. I feel like its a good middle ground for that. I'm in the midst of cleaning my room. I will check back with the steps tomorrow... but yeah. I think my main tip is get to 6,000 before 5pm if you can cause then it just gets easier.

Final Count is 8,331 steps! Not bad!

January 6th 
Alright I have 502 steps already and I haven't gone to bed yet. It's 1:10 AM... if I get 1,000 steps before I go to sleep, I feel like I may or may not be in good shape. I may be in good shape because that's 1,000 steps down... but I also might be too tired when I wake up to do that much... so idk what I'm gonna do. Lol. I think I'm not really going to try... but I am cleaning my room and I think I have some more to do... so I could easily get there. Idk. We shall see. I may just try to get to 1,000 because I'm curious if it will effect the rest of the day.

I actually didn't do that well! I only got 7,972 steps! A lot of my day was waiting for someone to fix our dishwasher most of the day... so I didn't move as much as I thought I would. I was so tired by the end of the night too... I was just going to move around when I watched AHS... but then AHS got too crazy... so I didn't... but... yeah.

January 7th 
Its 9:28 and I'm currently charging the fitbit, but I'm over 9,000 steps. I did some shopping today... not a ton, just a return and I went to the outlets and wondered a little bit. I did buy a makeup palette from the brand Em which is Michelle Phan's makeup line and I'm excited about that. It was $20... so yeah. Lol. And I got the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette... which I also love! I'm happy with my purchases. My dad set up my Blu Ray player... I may watch Aladdin later! I'm excited! Really excited. I have a lot of blu rays and DVDs of movies I haven't seen yet... so I'm excited to watch them and review them... but I'll probably watch Aladdin or Minions first... maybe Minions. Lol! I'll check in at the end of the night, I think I'll make my goal!

I did it! 10,135 steps yesterday! 12 floors, 4.16 miles, 2,703 calories burned and 27 active minutes! and a 31.08 walk in the mall apparently ! Boo Ya Ka Shah! (NAME THAT QUOTE!)

January 8th 
Guess who's back? Back again? Step goal's back! Tell a friend! It is 11:06 and I have currently stepped 10,045 steps, walked 4.13 miles, 11 floors, burned 2,703 calories 90 ACTIVE MINUTES! And before it said 90 minute walk, now its saying 17:22 sport. Lol. That's funny I was chasing my dog! Lol.

Day is still not over yet... I'll probably get a few more steps in.... so I will check in with the total tomorrow.

January 9th 
Did it again! I'm on a 3 day streak! This was my best in a while too. I got 10,665 steps. I had some trouble with it taking away my steps... but at the end of the day I think it evened out. I took my dog for a walk, I went to my sister and her fiance's house... I walked quite a lot. It was a good walking day. I was happy with my steps. Lol.

January 10th 
It's 6:30 and I don't even have 4,000 steps guys! Lol. I'm totally not even motivated to get out of bed. Idk why, I'm super super tired right now. I didn't do too much today... I just ate burgers and a shake and now I want to watch the golden globes and go to bed. Lol. I did go shopping and took my dog for a walk... but yeah. I'm at 3,390... so thats not great. I'll try to get to 6,000... but its not likely going to happen. Lol.

I got 5,667 steps... I'm okay with that.

January 11th 
I'm feeling motivated today. Not sure why. Its 1:54 and I have over 3,000 steps... which is not bad. I can totally get to my goal with that. I woke up in kind of a bad mood because of David Bowie's passing... but now I feel motivated because I do really think of him as an inspiration and its not like he's inspiring me to walk or anything. Its not like I'm listening to his songs and walking all around my house... but I'm feeling a lot better. I feel like I may be going to the gym tonight too... so yeah. I will probably make my goal!

And I did it! 10,050 steps! It's only 9:04pm right now, so I'm sure I'll get more... but now I feel more motivated for the week. I'm going to try to keep up the goals for the week now! I feel pretty good! Lets see if I can get 10,000 steps until next monday!
Step Total: 10,462 

January 12th 
I wasn't doing that well most of the day... but I was still determined to get to 10,000 and I did! 10,318 was my total! I got a lot around 10 o'clock just walking around my house! This I really wasn't expecting to get, but I did it... so anything is possible!

January 13th 
So I have 1,364 right now and it is 12: 56... so that's not terrible! I feel like if I have 1,000 by 1:00 pm I can do pretty well the rest of the day. So I will try to get to 2,000 before 2pm and so on... so this is good. I will check in more throughout the day.

Yes! I did! Its 11:18 now and I'll probably be moving around a little more... but I was pretty consistent with my steps all day so it wasn't quite as hard as it was yesterday. It was a little tricky because I was cleaning my room and the majority of that is done sitting down... so its a little tricky. But as long as I keep moving... it works.

Step Total: 10,236 

January 14th 
I'm over halfway there and its only 3:27... so thats not a bad sign. I have 5,782. So I think I can certainly get to 10,000 today! I'm excited to be keeping up with my 10,000 till Monday... sad I won't be able to update you until Friday after next... lol! But still.

I did it. 10,178 steps! So I'm happy with that! I ran quickly all over my house pretty much... and went to target for a bit... so it made sense.

So yeah... that is it. I'll be including todays fitbit progress in the next fitbit friday which will be in a couple of weeks. I'm going to do this every other week in conjunction with Things that pissed me off this week!

Byeee!
-Shannon









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f