Skip to main content

Scribbles About Food: Maple French Toast English Muffins

I loveeee English Muffins and I like French Toast, so when I saw limited edition Maple French Toast flavored English Muffins... I needed them! And here are my thoughts.

So I've had these twice and one time I put them in the toaster and I didn't know if we had any butter opened or where any butter was... but I saw Cream Cheese and I thought that might work. The Second time was right after, so its not like I found butter or anything... but I did forget to put it in the toaster before putting the cream cheese on... so I just microwaved it... so there was a difference and I figured I'd let you guys know.

Toasted With Cream Cheese 
So it tasted pretty delicious just toasted with Cream Cheese on it. I thought the cream cheese gave a nice flavor. It was nice and cinnamony and pretty delicious... I'm actually getting a little hungry thinking about it now and it makes me want a third... lol. It wasn't overly flavorful, I think if you had apple butter or something that would go well with it. I almost put Pear Butter on because we have that... but I didn't love the Pear Butter... so yeah. The Cream Cheese was good, but I think a butter or an apple or pear butter would also work well.

Microwaved with Cream Cheese 
I had no idea how long to microwave this for... I'd say 10 seconds is probably good, but I decided to do it for 30 seconds... no idea why. It got too soft and it was wayyy too hot. It didn't melt the cream cheese or anything and the flavor was still there... it was just a little soft and didn't work all that well. There were no nooks or crannies. So it was just meh.

So yeah. If you like English Muffins and you like cinnamon, I'd try these. They weren't that amazing or anything... but they are pretty delicious and I liked it and I'm excited to eat more of these. Would I get another pack... maybe? They weren't that amazing and I feel like there are more options for the traditional English Muffins... so I don't know... but it isn't bad. And I would recommend them.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...