Skip to main content

New Years Superstitions

So I did a gift giving superstitions and I thought I'd post about superstitions for the new year. Take these with a grain of salt. If you believe in them, cool... but in all seriousness they were probably just made randomly by someone.

This isn't a known thing, but I always thought that if you were asleep on New Years at midnight, you might die that year. Lol. No one told me this, this isn't a really known thing or anything... I just thought that was why you had to stay up till midnight on New Years. Now I stay up till Midnight pretty much every night... so yeah. This one is definitely fake because I made it up and know several living people that slept in on New Years... but that's just always what I assumed. Lol.

This is a Greek Superstition according to my nana... but the first person thats supposed to go into your door on New Years Day is supposed to be a man. And at my Nana's house, the first person to go into her house is always my dad... so she's happy about that.

You're supposed to bring something inside when you go outside so that you bring something in all year.

There's something called a money salad that my sister makes with Black Eyed Peas and whoever eats the most Money Salad is supposed to make the most money that year... so thats pretty cool. Its a delicious salad. On the Today show they added sausage to it too... yum!

Also Pickled Herring... weird but its supposed to be good luck.

And last but not least, don't spend money New Year's Day! Otherwise you'll be losing money all year. I don't think I ever have spent money on New Years... so thats good I suppose!

And thats it! Hope you guys are having a good New Year. I might share resolutions tomorrow... yeah! Sounds good!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...