Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Community Season 6!

So I was really excited for season 6 of Community. Not just because it is one of my favorite shows, but I was also curious to see it translate to Yahoo. I've only watched one other thing on Yahoo, Burning Love, which is a hilarious spoof of The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad... its really funny and good. I think season 2 is still up on Yahoo's site. I recommend it.

Its also cool to wake up on Tuesday and there it is. A new episode, or in this case 2 new episodes. I was up around 7 and both episodes were already up... which was cool.

And its still a really funny show... I still really like it. But it isn't exactly the same as the other seasons. Every season centers around a class that the group is taking and that class kind of sets the tone for themes in the series in general. Spanish, this group of weirdos meet each other and are struggling to get to know each other, and communication... something which Jeff is particularly bad at. Season 2 Anthropology... whatever Anthropology means (fun fact: I've taken 2 courses in anthropology and done fairly well in them...) Biology, study of life. Living together, dealing with death. Stuff like that. History... Season 4 was not great... so it didn't do this quite as well, but there was sort of a "history of the show" thing going on. Season 5 Save Greendale Committee. Saving the show, Dan Harmon is back. Season 5 was amazing. Season 6 is ladders I guess? Moving on, changing. Things like that. Idk I guess the theme was actually there, it still felt a little different.

Also, I'm pretty accustomed to characters leaving shows now, and if a show is good enough its a pretty smooth transition and I don't necessarily miss anyone. This has nothing to do with the actors or the characters... but it happens and I feel like its really a sign of a good show if it can still be good without certain characters. And its good writing if it the character is still kind of there. Cooperative Pollygraphy is a great example of that. Chevy Chase was gone, but Pierce was certainly in the episode. And as more and more characters leave, the other characters grow and new interesting characters are added... so that is always fun to see. But I felt more like something was missing without Shirley. I just want someone there to say "Ohhh that's nice" or something like that. Idk, it just makes a little more sense with Shirley. That being said... Jeff, Abed, Britta and Annie are kind of the core characters that I think the show works the best with. I don't think the show would be as good if any of them left. It might happen because this show may never be cancelled now that its on Yahoo... but I don't think it'd be the same.

Also I love Paget Brewster's character. I thought she was really funny and she meshed well with all the other characters. I love when she goes on the job interview and they tell her she's crazy... I just thought it was really funny and her character just worked for the show. It was good.

I think I liked the 2nd episode a little bit better. Dean Pelton might be my favorite... and the virtual reality world he was trapped in was just really really funny. I also loved Britta's parents. I love the actors that played them and I really like them together. They were in the movie Clue together and they were really good. I was excited when I heard we were going to meet them. And I really loved the Britta-centric episode and I'm really curious about her arc this season. Britta is the funniest Buzzkill character and I love Gillian Jacobs and she just does such a good job. Its really funny.

And yes... still just as meta. Still just ad Abed-y and still amazing. I hope Koogler returns.

There are probably going to be a few Scribbles about TV this week, lots of new stuff is on and I want to see it. Well okay, IZombie and One Big Happy. One of these I kind of want to see. One I think looks bad, but I figure I'll watch anyway... so yeah.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...