Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Community Season 6!

So I was really excited for season 6 of Community. Not just because it is one of my favorite shows, but I was also curious to see it translate to Yahoo. I've only watched one other thing on Yahoo, Burning Love, which is a hilarious spoof of The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad... its really funny and good. I think season 2 is still up on Yahoo's site. I recommend it.

Its also cool to wake up on Tuesday and there it is. A new episode, or in this case 2 new episodes. I was up around 7 and both episodes were already up... which was cool.

And its still a really funny show... I still really like it. But it isn't exactly the same as the other seasons. Every season centers around a class that the group is taking and that class kind of sets the tone for themes in the series in general. Spanish, this group of weirdos meet each other and are struggling to get to know each other, and communication... something which Jeff is particularly bad at. Season 2 Anthropology... whatever Anthropology means (fun fact: I've taken 2 courses in anthropology and done fairly well in them...) Biology, study of life. Living together, dealing with death. Stuff like that. History... Season 4 was not great... so it didn't do this quite as well, but there was sort of a "history of the show" thing going on. Season 5 Save Greendale Committee. Saving the show, Dan Harmon is back. Season 5 was amazing. Season 6 is ladders I guess? Moving on, changing. Things like that. Idk I guess the theme was actually there, it still felt a little different.

Also, I'm pretty accustomed to characters leaving shows now, and if a show is good enough its a pretty smooth transition and I don't necessarily miss anyone. This has nothing to do with the actors or the characters... but it happens and I feel like its really a sign of a good show if it can still be good without certain characters. And its good writing if it the character is still kind of there. Cooperative Pollygraphy is a great example of that. Chevy Chase was gone, but Pierce was certainly in the episode. And as more and more characters leave, the other characters grow and new interesting characters are added... so that is always fun to see. But I felt more like something was missing without Shirley. I just want someone there to say "Ohhh that's nice" or something like that. Idk, it just makes a little more sense with Shirley. That being said... Jeff, Abed, Britta and Annie are kind of the core characters that I think the show works the best with. I don't think the show would be as good if any of them left. It might happen because this show may never be cancelled now that its on Yahoo... but I don't think it'd be the same.

Also I love Paget Brewster's character. I thought she was really funny and she meshed well with all the other characters. I love when she goes on the job interview and they tell her she's crazy... I just thought it was really funny and her character just worked for the show. It was good.

I think I liked the 2nd episode a little bit better. Dean Pelton might be my favorite... and the virtual reality world he was trapped in was just really really funny. I also loved Britta's parents. I love the actors that played them and I really like them together. They were in the movie Clue together and they were really good. I was excited when I heard we were going to meet them. And I really loved the Britta-centric episode and I'm really curious about her arc this season. Britta is the funniest Buzzkill character and I love Gillian Jacobs and she just does such a good job. Its really funny.

And yes... still just as meta. Still just ad Abed-y and still amazing. I hope Koogler returns.

There are probably going to be a few Scribbles about TV this week, lots of new stuff is on and I want to see it. Well okay, IZombie and One Big Happy. One of these I kind of want to see. One I think looks bad, but I figure I'll watch anyway... so yeah.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f