Skip to main content

Scribbles About News: End of March 2015

1) Man Kicked off Flight for wearing an offensive t shirt- You can see the buzzfeed article about this right here a man was wearing a shirt that said "Broad F-ng City" on it while going home from South By Southwest. Comedy Central was giving away the t-shirts and yeah. So he wore it on the flight and the flight attendant asked to remove it and he didn't want to. He claimed freedom of speech and stuff like that and left the flight because they told him he had to turn it inside out, change t shirts or wear a jacket and he refused.

I'm all for freedom of speech... especially if it has to do with Broad City... but I felt bad for the flight attendant. He was kind of rude to the flight attendant and it wasn't his fault. I'm sure he knew it wasn't his fault... and he left respectfully... but I understand not wearing bad words in public places. Idk. I just wouldn't have wanted to be that security guard and he seemed kind of rude... idk. Its just something that isn't that big of a deal, so why does he need to make a big deal about it? He seems like a cool dude and I respect that... but at the same time, I kind of just think he wanted to cause a stir for himself.

Idk... weird.

2) Chloe Sevingney returning to AHS & Key and Peele TV News- I probably spelled her name wrong. The girl that played Shelly in Asylum and Danny's Ex-Wife on the Mindy Project is also returning to American Horror Story! I hope they don't kill her off too early this time. They killed EVERYONE off too early last season... and they killed her off a little early and that was sad. Soooooo... yeah.Hopefully she's on a little more this season.

Key and Peele are also getting their substitute teacher sketch turned into a movie. I don't watch Key and Peele... I probably should. I like them in other things I've seen them in. I also need to know this sketch before it gets turned into a movie... Now I want to see more sketch comedy movies. I'd love to see Too Much Tuna: The Movie. Or Oh Hello The Movie... same movie I guess... lol.

Also James Cordin, who I have a crush on started his run as host of the Late Late Show... so that is cool. I will have to watch it. I didn't realize that he was going to be the new host, but I loved him in Into The Woods and I thought he was so cute and I'd love to see him on the Late Late Show. Thats cool. I liked Craig Ferguson a lot though... so he has big shoes to fill... but he's cute so thats good. Lol.


3) Man delivers Pizza to Pope Francis- This is a really cool story. The Pope recently said he would love to be able to go get a pizza without being recognized as The Pope. A local (by local I mean local to Vatican City I suppose) Pizza Chef found out about this and decided that he would visit the Pope and hand deliver the pizza to him. This is a cute story. That makes me happy. Lol.

4) David Duchovney and Gillian Anderson to return for new X Files Series- If the second movie was watchable in any way shape or form, I would be beyond excited for this... but the X Files sequel was the most disappointing thing that has happened in my life probably. I had been waiting so many years and it was so bad... there weren't even any aliens! So I'm going to watch it and I'll probably rewatch the old episodes to prepare for it... and I'll probably like it... but I'm not super excited... just because the second movie was so terrible. I guess I'm a little excited... but I'm not going to expect anything... good. And if its not watchable after the first episode... sorry. Lol.

While I'm re-watching, maybe I will let you guys know episodes to definitely watch and episodes to definitely avoid watching. lol.


5) Zayn Malik leaves One Direction- In sad news for Teenage girls this week Zayn Malik leaves One Direction in order to pursue other interests like drug addiction, continuing to be hot without competition, and probably getting roasted on Comedy Central in a few years. I'm a little old to pretend to care about this... so I won't.

He's hot though... and a millionaire. Zayn, if you really want to be a normal 22 year old... you should date a normal 23 year old!

6) Vin Diesel says new Fast and Furious movie will be nominated for an oscar for sure- Yep... If by Oscar he means Razzie... I'm sure it'll be good and fans of the franchise will love it... but I'm gonna say probably not very likely... Also I love Vin Diesel and since there is other Vin Diesel news, he had a baby girl recently that he named Pauline after his co-star and friend Paul Walker. So sweet. I've never seen the Fast and Furious movies... but I feel like they look like a soap opera with cars. For guys... so thats a thing I think is cool. I remember when 2 Fast 2 Furious came out and on the sign that listed the movies it said 2 Fast 2 Fu... which I still think is funny and thats how I remember it.

7) Sascha Baron Cohen to write, produce and star in Freddie Mercury Biopic- I'm actually quite pumped about this as I am a fan of Queen and Sascha Baron Cohen! The actor is known mostly for comedic roles... but he can also actually act and sing really well, so I think that he would be a great choice to play Mercury. I always see Freddie Mercury and think "ohhh he looks like Borat" and yeah. He kinda does, so that makes sense and I think its going to be awesome. Bruno not awesome, the Dictator... also not my favorite but I'm for Sascha Baron Cohen.

And this just in... it was a joke. Damn. Maybe it will be real because everyone thought "hey this is an awesome idea... but Queen's drummer said no. It was a joke... so hopefully this happens... but it might not. :(

8) Kids Choice Awards- So the Kids Choice Awards happened. The big story from this was Angelina Jolie won for Best Villain for Maleficent. Even though she was rather nice and not very wicked in the film... I still thought she was really good. And even better was her acceptance speech, telling people to where she said "its okay to be different." Which was sweet. She went to the award show with her kids and that was pretty cute.

Also Chris Pratt got pied in the face and was cute. Chris Pratt is always cute!

So that is it for the week!

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f