Skip to main content

Scribbles About News: March 23rd 2015

1) Seinfeld will soon be available for screening- Hulu, Yahoo, and Amazon I believe are now in the talks to find out which service will screen every season of seinfeld. Netflix will not be in this bidding war... which makes sense to me. Netflix's target demo is probably a lot younger than Seinfeld's audience... although I'm sure people would sign up to watch Seinfeld... although also you can watch reruns literally on every channel that exists... so thats a little dumb. Anyway... I'm excited. I haven't seen very much of Seinfeld, but what I've seen I've liked a lot.

2) Elton John protests Dolce and Gabana- Dolce and Gabana lost the support of Elton John and many others after they made a comment insulting IVF. That isn't cool. IVF is sometimes the only option for a lot of couples and it isn't something to make fun of or make light of at all really. Many couples struggle to have a baby and go through IVF treatments so that they can have a baby and it is not an easy time for them to be doing that... so yeah. I will not be buying from Dolce and Gabana either... not that I can afford it... but you know. Lol.

3) Jessica Lange is officially done with AHS, Matt Bomber is in for this season- So right now it is looking like Jessica Lange officially will not return to AHS... although who knows in the future still... I wouldn't completely rule it out, but I'm sure she definitely will not be on this year's Hotel. Someone that will be checking into the hotel? Matt Bomber, the super hot star of White Collar and a guest star of AHS Freakshow. I think he also just won a Golden Globe for his performance in Murphy's HBO Movie The Normal Heart... so it makes sense that he is returning to the AHS/ Ryan Murphy Family. That will be cool. Loved him last season and they killed everyone off too quick, so that's nice.

4) Internet Explorer is no more- Sad news for user of internet explorer: the newest Windows update no longer includes Internet explorer... the joke of the Web Browser world. Which is sad. Skymall, now this! We really need to explain these jokes to future generations now! If you don't update your windows than you can still use internet explorer... but why would you? Its bad. Lol.

5) Starbucks Controversial Campaign- Starbucks started, and ended a controversial campaign meant to start a discussion about Race in America after many negative comments about it. If you go to Starbucks, you may notice that the Barista's ask your name and write it on the cup. The campaign also had them right "Race Together" on the cups as a way to start a conversation. Why is there still racism in the world? What can we do to end it? How can we stop fighting over differences and just join together and enjoy a cup of coffee and get along? To me, this seems like a good idea. We shouldn't ignore the issue, we should talk about it. There is a lot of hatred in the world, how about we just spread love? People were saying "I don't have time to explain hundreds of years of oppression to you over coffee" that makes sense to me... but there is a lot of ignorance of issues of racial oppression of all kinds and why are we ignorant to those issues? I guess Starbucks is a weird place for this campaign, but why not make a difference starting there? Is there a right place to start this conversation? It just doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

I guess the conversation will just have to be over text with racially diverse emojis, as that seems to be the thing people are focusing on the most. I don't know. I just think the campaign had the right thoughts in mind and that we shouldn't just be ignoring this.

6) Big Brother Barbie- So there is a new Barbie doll being developed that is somehow more creepy than the pregnant Barbie doll or the one where Skipper grew boobs... Apparently this barbie will ask questions to the child and listen to what people are saying in order to advertise to the kids parents. Weird? Yes! I hope this isn't true. I'm already super creeped out by ads and cookies, and I do think that they listen to what you have to say more than just when you're searching online. This is weird. Its weird... its weird. Do not buy this for your children as it will probably be designed to murder you or something somewhere down the line.

7) ABC Eyewitness News Reporter Lisa Colligrossi dies- This is very sad news. I've been watching Eyewitness News my whole life pretty much, and Lisa Colligrossi has been reporting since I was a little kid. She died of a brain aneurism on Thursday while she was reporting. Lori Stokes paid a nice tribute to her over the weekend and showed some of their favorite clips from the past year or past few years and said some nice things about her. She said that she was a big NY Rangers fan and a Hockey lover. She would always tell Lori Stokes the best bargains to shop for in the neighborhood and would report on the Columbus Day Parade every year. She had 2 sons and was 49 years old. She will be missed by her family, her news family, and by many viewers of the news.

8) Joseph Gordon Levitt to star in and produce Fraggle Rock Movie- On a much lighter and happier note, the Fraggle Rock movie is a go! And it will star none other than JGL! I love Fraggle Rock, I'm really happy that they're making a movie out of it so that future generations will love it as well. I'm happy that it will be easier to find more Fraggle Rock stuff! I just got my sister some Fraggle Rock keychains for Christmas because they're too cute and so hard to find. And yeah... I loved both of the Muppet Movies, so it only makes sense that they move on to Fraggles now!

And that is it! Hope you guys are having a good day/good start to the week.

Byeeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f