Skip to main content

Scribbles About News: First Week of March 2015

1) Lady Gaga, Taylor Kinney and Vince Vaughn Take The Plunge- Wait why is Vince Vaughn in this... lol no, this week in Gaga news, Lady Gaga and her future husband both participated in Chicago's Polar Bear Plunge to raise money for the Special Olympics. Gaga was excited to help... but I live in NJ and it is freezing here, cannot imagine what the Midwest is like. Its something I've always wanted to do... but I hate the cold and I'm afraid of the ocean... but I support the cause lol. Good for them! Here are some cute pics Gaga posted on her Insta/Facebook page.


This one is super cute of them in the plunge!

And here she is wearing her fiance's hat. She thought her wig was going to freeze into the lake! That made me giggle.
This is a cute way that the couple is celebrating their engagement and helping others, I guess. Its not really an engagement celebration, but you know. You can see they're both like extra in love and they're happy and helping people.

Side Note: I wrote LOL a few times in this post and I deleted it. I am trying not to post LOL on my blog anymore, because I'm afraid it sounds stupid. Idk. Lol. See I need to stop. I want to talk to you guys like you're humans and not a computer. 

2) Questionable SNL Sketch- An SNL sketch has been under fire by a lot of people. It mimics a super bowl car commercial where a dad drops his daughter off to go into the Army... only in the SNL version he dropped his daughter off to join ISIS. Not the Archer version, the terrorist group. My sister thought it was kind of in poor taste, which I guess it was... but it made me laugh. Ballsy move. I know that yes it is a super serious thing that these terrorists are taking teenagers from America and training them... but it is also kind of hilarious. Isis is a pretty dumb terrorist group if you ask me, and we need to make fun of them more often. They did a lot worse sketches about Osama Bin Laden and the War in Iraq and other places like that. Satire is important because A) It talks about the ridiculousness of a real life situation B) It gets people talking and C) It preserves the news story and all that is wrong with the world in this day and age. The news is important because its New and News, but Satire is also important because it will still be relevant years from now. There are satires from the Ancient Greeks that we still read and learn about their culture today... I feel like SNL is a modern version of that.

If Arrested Development was still on, I could imagine them doing a storyline where Steve Holt or Buster or someone accidentally joins Isis and then Gob has to use his connections in Iraq to save them or something like that.

If you want to watch the skit, you can watch it here on NBC's website. It is a bit of a harsh satire, but it is the truth about what's happening now.

3) Baseball Player takes action against "internet bullies"- Okay first off... the word "bullies" upsets me when its used in this manner. I guess some of them were internet bullies, but it sounded like most of them were saying sexually explicit things about this girl and to me... lets not confuse sexual harassment with bullying. Like I know Monica Lewinsky says that she was "bullied" when she had her 15 minutes of fame... but I feel like thats a whole different thing entirely... which we can talk about in a little bit cause that is relevant news too.

Anyhoo Curt Schilling, a former red sox player tweeted that he was proud of his daughter for getting into college and that she was going to be on a baseball player. And then of corse people started saying disgusting things about his daughter to him because she's a woman. Let's objectify her and say terrible things to her father when he is taking pride in her. Right? That's how society works instead of being happy or proud of a person.

I wrote this big long thing about being nice to people on the internet instead of being mean to them and saying things you would never say in real life... but that all got deleted which sucks because I worked really hard and was really proud of it and I'll never come up with something like that again... so yeah...

Anyway, Schilling posted pics of all the awful things these guys were saying and on ABC News they reported that someone that worked at Yankee Stadium got fired for what he said... so that is something to think about.

4) Painter reveals his portrait of Bill Clinton has a secret message- Nelson Shanks or Shenks... not sure which painted a portrait of former president Bill Clinton a while ago and he is revealing now that he hid a little easter egg in the portrait. There is a shadow over Bill Clinton that is supposed to be the shadow of Monica Lewinsky's blue dress. This represents both a reference to her as well as the sort of "shadow" that his presidency had. He could have been a good president, he could have been a bad president. Who knows. Everyone just remembers the sex scandal and not what he did for America, and ultimately thats how people will remember him 500 years from now if we're still doing the president thing. So Bill also screwed himself when he screwed... other things. Lol. See what I did there? A little more obvious than a shadow but pretty damn clever.


Idk thats one way to think of it. There is probably some other meaning but if theres an amazing person that is known for one scandal, chances are a majority of people aren't going to remember the amazing things, they'll remember the scandal. And I'm not saying I think Clinton is a bad president, I don't know how he was, I had just turned 9 when he was out of office... I'm just saying that its a thing. If you were a kid when this happened, thats probably how you learned a lot of things you weren't supposed to know at that age. So yeah. That is a thing. Lol.

Also this puts a new spin on that other dress right? Lol.



5) Someone let Chris Brown Pro-create- This is disgusting. Chris Brown has a child. With a model. And he just found out and the kid is like 9 months old. I hope he cleans up his act for the child and the mother... and normally I love announcing celeb baby news, but I dislike Chris Brown so much. But you know the John and Kate Plus 8 kids have insane parents and I actually think they're doing alright... so this could be okay. Maybe the singer will have the talent of Chris Brown without the... Chris Brown-ness.

Fun Fact: Back when chat roulette was a thing my friend actually talked to him via chat roulette and he was actually a decent guy. She had read that he actually did go onto chat roulette and his tattoos and everything were the same so she's sure it was him... which is pretty cool.

6) Celebrity Hair changes- So there was a lot of news in the celebrity hair department. Jared Leto shaved his beard to be the Joker for the upcoming Suicide Squad movie... or wait is it a tv show? I forget. Either way, its coming up and Jared Leto doesn't have a beard for it and... he still looks glorious. He's one of those people that is just incredibly handsome no matter what he does. He pulls off every look and he's just a perfect human specimen. So that is a thing.

Kim Kardashian also debuted her new blonde hairstyle... its pretty bold and a pretty big change. I like her better as a brunette... but whatever. She's still Kim Kardashian.

I think Tom Felton put it best in his photo...

7) Plain news- For some reason I'm really confused of which plain I'm talking about... I'm also injured and not on any medication for it... but yeah. I'm talking about the kind that you fly because there was another miracle plain landing in New York City... omg. No one was injured, it was an incredibly snowy cold winter day and I would not want to be out on a plain in that kind of weather. I also wouldn't want to live on a plane in that type of whether... nor would I want it to fall mainly on said plane if I were in Spain... and I especially wouldn't want it to fall mainly on the Plain! But yeah, that was cool. That was all that was on the news for hours. I think maybe they cancelled the episode of The Chew for the day because of the weather and thats why they reported it so much. Either way pretty weird. Pretty amazing. Glad no one was seriously injured.

In sadder news, Harrison Ford was seriously injured and is now recovering from a plain crash of his own. I'm sad about this, I hope he'll be okay. Han Solo was my first crush... and kind of everything I want in a man... so yeah. Hoping he has a speedy and full recovery.

8) Ringling Brothers getting rid of Elephants in their circuses- Yes! I think this is great news, I love elephants, but I don't love them being mistreated... and even if they aren't necessarily abusing them, I don't think elephants should be performing... we should just let them be elephants. This is more of a move to make more money for the circus... Elephants cost money, plus several states don't allow them to perform because of the abuse and the risks of elephants going crazy... but you know. At least they're doing something. There are a bunch of people still mad that they're doing this mostly for money and not for actual care of the elephants... but you wanted them to stop and this is huge... so just be happy. Lol.

Where would you rather be if you were an elephant?

Captivity? 

Or freed? 


9) Kelly Clarkson reveals she used to date Justin Guarini- Wow... I mean I saw about 10 minutes of From Justin to Kelly and you could not see any chemistry whatsoever... so thats funny. Yeah, I wonder where Justin is now, he was pretty good too, so I don't understand why he isn't more famous. I actually read something where a lot of the record labels weren't legit. Idk I don't know why I'm so rambly now... maybe because I sprained my ankle and I'm in pain... the swelling is going down, but its still painful.


I mean its just so sad they aren't together...




Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f