Skip to main content

Scribbles About News: 2nd Week of March 2015

1) Two Bachelorettes- It has been announced that for the first time ever, ABC's "The Bachelorette" is going to have 2 women competing over men. I find these shows offensive. Idk. First off, thats a weird way to meet someone. By dating 20 people all at once? Thats weird. And like it started off okay in my opinion. Just a guy looking for a girl... but now its so much different than that. Its about women fighting over some loser... all these things for ratings. There's some sort of deal these shows have with those tabloid magazines. And its also about people that want limelight and want to date famous people who shouldn't be getting limelight or dating famous people. Not my cup of tea... however interesting twist I guess. I almost want to see how it works... idk I saw the first season of The Bachelorette because it was on before Celebrity Mole Hawaii... and the second season I saw most of because it was before Celebrity Mole Yucatan... so that makes sense that I am more inclined to watch The Bachelorette than The Bachelor. I feel like this is a way to kind of pin them against each other as a way for ratings... which isn't cool. But you know, its interesting I guess.

These are the two new Bachelorettes... I guess. Idk which one is which... or what their names are... but yeah.

2) Weird Parenting Mixed Messages- So this is a little ridiculous. Apparently some study shows that if you tell your child that they're special, they become narcissists. This study was clearly done by someone who's parents didn't love them... lol. I mean right? You're kid is special because they're your kid. You made them a person if you're one of their parents... how is that not special? Plus in my mind... everyone is special. You're a person. You're here, thats special. Do something with yourself. Make yourself useful, do something good with your life. Be nice to people, help people. That's all really special and good.

Oddly enough, right after reporting that... The news went to another story, saying that now kids can register for their birthday presents so that they get exactly what they want... thats right. Don't tell you're kids their special because they're garbage... but let them register for birthday presents so that they get what they want instead of being grateful for what they get? Idk... this is a big mixed message in my opinion. I feel like there is no right way to parent... but just have your kid give a list of what they want and then get them some things and if you see something else they might like get them that. That's what I do and what I've always done... so yeah.

3) Ashton Kutcher talks about changes for Changing- And after 2 parenting fails, big parenting win for new daddy Aston Kutcher, who has spoken out about the lack of changing tables in Men's Rooms. Which yeah, thats messed up. Dads should change their kids diapers too! Its not all the moms. My dad worked far away when he got home he would always hold me and my sister right away and give us a bottle and change our diapers if they were dirty. I think my sister always waited for him to come home to go #2 in her diaper... but yeah. I've heard of a lot of babies doing that to people I know with babies. Lol. Anyway, yeah I hope this happens and good for Mr. Kutcher for making a change. You're a cool dad! And also... somewhat controversially... I think he was a great Steve Jobs. Lol. Probably better dad than Steve Jobs, but he was good.

4) Hillary Clinton Phone Scandal- Hillary Clinton... who I would introduce... but you get who she is... has been under fire recently for not only checking her personal email while in office as Secretary of State... and also using her personal email for her job. I thought at first "okay... who doesn't do this at work really... but it is pretty serious. Its bad because her personal email isn't as secure as her work email. She didn't want the hassle of having 2 phones and thats why she did that... idk. There are already a lot of security breeches at the White House... so this one is also bad. That sentence didn't make any sense. Idk I get that what she did was wrong... I don't think having 2 phones is really a problem enough to possibly put your own security, as well as the presidents in jeopardy... but meh. Its a thing. She's turning this into a campaign because politics. Can't say I blame her... any smart politician would.

5) Sequel News- So Toy Story 4 is going to be more of a spin off than a sequel. It is said it will be a rom com about different characters and one of the co-writers is said to be Rashida Jones. I'm in for this now... I was skeptical but I love Rashida Jones and I like the idea of a rom com spinoff. It seems like a fresh new take for Pixar.

In other animated Sequel News, it has been announced that Frozen 2 will be happening soon because it was obviously a giant success so why wouldn't there be a sequel! I wasn't a huge fan of the first movie... I'm going to watch it again... maybe tonight I'll try watching it! But its not bad and I'm sure I'll see the sequel. If anything it is good that there will be a new song other than Let It Go.

And finally and possibly most exciting... Star Wars had 2 big announcements. Episode 8 is set to release in 2017 I believe it said... super exciting and will be directed by the director of Brick and Looper. There is also a spinoff set to happen earlier than the sequel I think... not quite sure. But Felicity Jones from The Theory of Everything just signed on for it, which is exciting!

6) Police search for man pooping on cars- Theres a guy in Ohio that police are looking for who is apparently pooping on lots of cars. In New York... this would be anyone. Lol.

7) Robert Downey Junior gives a boy a robotic arm- This is really cool news. One thing about the guys in the Marvel movies is that they are real life heroes. They do good things for people. A boy without an arm a plastic arm that looked exactly like the arm RDJ wore in Iron Man. That is actually super awesome. Alex, a 7 year old who was born with a partially developed arm was given this Iron Man Arm by Tony Stark himself. This is all thanks to a college student named Albert Manero who uses 3d printers to create artificial limbs that are affordable to families. Also, according to Robert Downey Juniors facebook page, it was made possible with the help of One Note and The Collective Project... so that is really cool and really special. Its super cool that it actually looks like Iron Man's arm. And he was in Tony Stark's character... its just really cool. Lol. Look up the video. It will make you smile.

8) Kathy Griffin exits fashion police- Kathy Griffin hasn't been on fashion police for very long... I believe they said she did 8 episodes, and she is now exiting the tv show after Kelly Osbourne also left the show. Honestly, I think Kathy Griffin didn't really feel comfortable with the job in the first place. She likes making fun of people... but I feel like she felt mean making fun of their appearance. Idk, she seemed a bit uneasy about it on Seth Meyers. I think Kelly Osbourne was probably also not in love with making fun of people based on their appearance and maybe her presence made Kathy Griffin feel better about it... but after Kelly left she needed to leave to. Idk. Just some speculation. I seem to remember people making fun of Kelly Osbourne based on her appearance when The Osbournes was new... it seems like an odd choice for her to go to Fashion Police.

I'm not saying I think she really "made fun of anyone" but she kind of did. Chris Hemsworth's wife was pregnant with twins on the red carpet and they were saying her outfit made her look huge, including Osbourne... soooo... yeah. I did a fashion review on my other blog and I was like "I really can't make fun of anyone. It seems too mean." So... yeah. Lol.

9) Jeopardy Fail- I believe for the first time in history, Jeopardy had only one contestant make it to final jeopardy. 2 contestants were below zero dollars and they didn't get enough points to make it to final jeopardy... so the Returning Champion went to Final Jeopardy solo... and got the question wrong... but still won the game. Alex said it wasn't one of the best episodes of the series.

10) Harper Lee Investigation- After Harper Lee announced that she was publishing a novel she wrote before To Kill a Mockingbird... there was some speculation if she was being fairly treated and an investigation went underway to make sure no one was taking advantage of her. And the investigation reached a quick close because, fortunately, no one was! Lee was a little offended that people didn't believe she wanted to publish her own work... but it is nice to know that so many people are looking out for her. That being said... I'm not sure if Harper Lee has her own website or not... but if you really want to make sure Lee is getting the money herself... check that out and maybe order it from there directly. That seems to be the best way to insure the writer/artist/whoever gets their money... which I actually learned from the podcast Improv for Humans. Apparently if you get songs from Bandcamp, more money will go to the person involved in the song. Interesting little tidbit that I learned this week.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f