Skip to main content

The Proposal Review

Yep... that was just about as bad as I thought it was.

Bye!
-Shannon

Okay but seriously... this show is kind of a big problem that I think we have right now. And maybe it's partially because I saw an episode where the men judged the women... but I don't really think it's going to get better or different...

Most of the women weren't like real working class women... they had kind of unique jobs... and I don't mean to insult them at all... but there aren't really many teachers or doctors or anything... and those women don't get to the top rounds... and I don't want to insult these women for their jobs. I know that doctors probably don't have time for these silly dating shows and Life Coaches and Surf Instructors probably have more time to do these things- and it probably helps them more whereas a teacher or someone might get in trouble for being too racy during a season or something.

And they have things like a swimsuit competition... I googled eye roll gifs for this part... and I got a little carried away- so just keep in mind... this review will be eye roll gif heavy.

Even the Miss America Pageants aren't doing that anymore... it's 2018... this isn't part of our culture at the moment. I'll probably be speaking differently when there are men on the show... but still! You shouldn't just judge people by what they look like in a bathing suit.

This show is also dragged to be an hour long...
That is wayyyyy longer than this needs to be. They drag out everrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy single segment and it just doesn't work. It makes it sooo boring. I would imagine the guy that was listening was even bored by that point. You aren't really learning anything more about these women than you would from a bumble profile and that's the only thing that they keep mentioning over and over and over again. I'll let Krysten Ritter explain how I feel about that.

And we basically have 2 question rounds. One that the person behind the curtain asks and another that the best friend asks... and they're not interesting questions and... they don't have interesting answers. They say you can ask about anything including Politics, Sex, Religion, Past Relationships. All the super fun things that you discuss on a first date... and I think he asked one girl how to cure cancer, one girl her thoughts on the current political climate and what she would do to change it, one girl about her thoughts on the whole Yanny/ Laurel situation and the last girl her favorite sex position. I'm kidding about this... but it was like he asked one girl about her past, one girl what she'd want in a partner, one girl he asked if she'd be okay with the fact that he's an amputee and she answered Yes... and still had 30 seconds and then just kind of stuck her foot in her mouth and when she was finally making a point Jesse Palmer was like "SHUT UP JESSICA, YOUR TIME IS UP NOW!" Which again... I'm exaggerating but I think I did a good job capturing Palmer's patience and charm as a host.
Dana Scully has had it with these questions. 

Honestly though... with all this being said- I really think the 2 that ended up together seemed like good people. I found myself rooting for the girl- she seemed very sweet and I'm sure all the girls on this show had a big heart. And the guy was an amputee and you could tell that was hard for him- it probably is hard for him to meet a girl in the traditional way and he's probably not one to really waste his time any more... and they kissed at the end after she accepted his proposal and it was cute. They were cute together- and you could tell from the beginning she was who he was going to pick and that the way he was looking at her in their sort of "last moments" before he chose a girl... he had already chosen. You could see just how smitten they were with each other and it seemed so real and so adorable... so as bad as this show is... I think these 2 are going to be happy together.

But again... that's of me seeing them for an hour on television. I know about as much of  these people at the point of their proposal as they know about each other... after they're engaged. Soooo... that is something to kind of think of too and it's just a little icky and weird.

And at the end of the day this is just a pageant. It's just like any other dating show too... but they put the stakes up a little by having a proposal... when I think they could just lower the stakes and it's probably a better show.

Anyway those are my thoughts. I know this review is late because I'm pre-writing this post from over a month ago... but I didn't think it was urgent enough to review right away... and maybe a few weeks from now people will wonder "Oh, did that actually happen." And this blog can confirm that it in fact did happen.

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f