Skip to main content

A Weekend In The Life: My Mom's Birthday+ Father's Day Weekend

So I had a particularly fun weekend and I thought that I would share a little bit about it! I'm writing this on June 18th and my family just celebrated My Mom's Birthday and Father's Day... so I'll explain what happened.

Friday Night: Mom's Bday Party 

This was fun. We went out to a restaurant we frequent at least once a week and we had some of our friends and our family with us. It was a lot of fun. My sister and her husband were there with their baby- and she's just a ton of fun and my best buddy.... so we ate at the restaurant and then we came home for cake and she was just having fun and walking all around. We watched some Sesame Street... it was all really good!

I had really good tortellini and then the dessert was my mom's favorite chocolate coconut cake.

Saturday: A Day Inside With Guests 

Saturday was a little more of a lazy day. We didn't really intend for it to be a lazy day... but we were waiting for my sister to come over for the day and then we didn't really do anything. But we had some fun. We watched some things on TBS... it started out with the movie Keanu with Key and Peele... which my mom and I love and I think my grandmother liked it too. Then we watched my new favorite show: The Joker's Wild with Snoop Dog. I just kind of left it on because it was in between Keanu and Friends, which was on next... but I did such a good job guessing the answers... I need to go on this show! I would probably win a lot of money. Lol.

So yeah then we watched Friends and my sister came over so we watched some Sesame Street and a little bit of Seinfeld... and I feel like I always need to explain Seinfeld episodes to people because they're new to me even though its been on forever... and they're all really funny. In this one Jerry gets a new car and he goes to a valet and the valet has really bad BO... and then that makes the car stink. And then he and Elaine end up stinking too... and it just gets on whatever or whoever is nearby like its an entity. It is really funny!

And then we had Chinese food which we brought in from our favorite restaurant and that was great. So overall... it was a fun day and I'm happy we watched The Joker's Wild because I love that show!

Sunday: Father's Day 

On Father's Day we went out to one of my dad's favorite restaurants- Bahrs... they were busy and they had a somewhat limited menu but it wasn't that limited. It was good though anyway. If a dad got a lobster he could get a free hat... which is great. My parents and I all got the Soft Shell Crab and idk what my grandmother got... but the crab was delicious.

And then we went to Nicholas Creamery for Ice Cream which was really great. I had the mint chocolate chip... it was really really minty! Definitely different than any mint chocolate chip i've ever had before!

And then I went home, took a nap, and then I had to transfer my t shirts that I had in one thing of plastic drawers to another because the one I had was breaking... so that was kind of hard but I'm glad I got it done... because after that I just watched Spider Man: Homecoming and then some of season 2 of Search Party.

All in all fun weekend even though I didn't do too much... I also did a lot.

I'll probably have another one of these really soon because I'm having an exciting weekend this weekend too!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f