Skip to main content

Arrested Development Season 5 (part 1) Review!

I felt like I was really, really trying to hype up this review by having a lot of posts related to this... and I was going to try watching it several times... which I have and pay close attention to detail with each episode... which I kind of did but I found it a little harder to do than most seasons... and I think I'll get to that.

So this part focused on Michael's separation from the family... and from George Michael particularly because Michael's always been pretty separate from the family-despite always helping them when they needed it- but George Michael was always there with him and they always got along. After the fallout with Rebel Ally- they both avoided each other and they were even a little scared of each other. They both started a self defense class to protect yourself against your family... or your "Darth" in George Michael's case. It was different seeing Michael as a George Sr type to George Michael... although they did kind of do that throughout the original series also... like when Michael promised George Michael a trip to the Cabin- and then he said "Sorry Buddy, something came up" the way that George Sr would.

And it was pretty funny to see that Buster was in jail this season... and to see him in the attic too.He was a lot more like George Sr this season and I liked how they kind of showed that. Arrested Development is all about parents relationships with children and... well actual Arrested Developments- but someone is always in some sort of jail... and it was nice to see Buster in the same places that George Sr was imprisoned.

I like that Tobias has an illegitimate son in this season... I think that's a staple of the Bluth family if you think of it. Ron Howard, Gob, Michael (assuming Maggie Lizer actually did get pregnant in the 'on the next arrested development') George Michael (assuming that was his baby that the woman from his trip to Spain was pregnant with), Oscar with Buster... and I'm sure we'll find out Buster and George Sr do also. It was funny and I really liked how David Cross and Kyle Mooney played off of each other. It was a funny twist I wasn't expecting.

And now to my favorite part of the season: Maeby! Alia Shawkat is perfect this season and I love what they've done with Maeby in this season and the last season. She really gets herself in the funniest situations... and she doesn't really care. When she was 16 she was skipping class to  be a film executive. When she was an adult- she was actually attending high school to rebel against her parents who weren't even there... and now she's posing as a senior citizen so that she can hide from the cops... it's just all so funny and I really think the last two seasons have been HER seasons. She's just PERFECT!

I think those are my favorite parts of the season an everything I have to say about it... I'll probably end up going over it again when I start to re-watch the whole series... which I will do... and again before the second half of the season comes out... and when the second half of the season comes out. This is my favorite show!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f