Skip to main content

Some Food That I Ate: Drifthouse (Sea Bright NJ)

Alright so I'm kind of changing my "Scribbles About Food" because I don't really want this to be a review if it's from a local restaurant... I think if I try something from a big chain I'll still give it a review... but idk if I'm the most qualified person to review food... but I do like to review things... so I'm going to review some things other than just movies and TV... lol.

Anyway this a restaurant my dad found out about. My dad does the actual research before going out so he looks up the quality of the meat and stuff so that he knows this isn't just something we could make at home. He's good at finding stuff. Lol. So I don't actually know this stuff... but my dad knows what's up and when we went here the first time... we loved it and knew we had to go again. So last time we went towards the end of May for my parent's anniversary. This time we went for my Mom's birthday... I know I'm like third-wheeling my parent's date night... but the food is great and my parents are fun people... so yeah. Lol.

Anyway... lets start out with the appetizers!

So their "Signature" appetizer is Maple Bacon on a Clothesline... and this is so good but presented in such a fun way. It's on a clothesline! So I didn't mention this is the restaurant in a beach club- you don't need to be a member of the beach club to go to the restaurant- I'm not... but it kind of gives a fun beachy theme to the restaurant and this is where it kind of shines. So you're supposed to cut the pieces of bacon with scissors and they give you an empty clothespin to pick it off of. You can use your hand... that's kind of how I eat it anyway lol. But the presentation is a lot of fun.

We also got a shortrib dumpling... these were amazing. They had a barbecue sauce and it was more of a fry portion than a traditional dumpling. Last time we went we got the lobster dumplings and those were absolutely amazing.

Now I'll move on to the sides... which are also really good. We got the Onion Rings... which are delicious and crispy and even if you eat them left over or something- they taste good cold! So these are just good.
My mom actually took the pictures of this and the Couch Potatoes... and she did a great job! She's not usually a picture taker lol. Also I don't think I tried this sauce. 

We also got something called the "Couch Potatoes" which are roasted potatoes served on a couch and they have Lemon Creme Fresh or Butter... but the Lemon Creme fresh is pretty amazing and I'd recommend it!

And the meal... I got the Filet Mignon with an "Angry" Lobster Tail... so this was my first time with a surf and turf type of meal... and I was afraid it would be too much... but I also knew it would be soo good I would eat the whole thing. And I pretty much did! I'll show the before and after.

So the Filet Mignon is definitely the best steak in the area... this year is the first time I've been ordering steak really... I didn't like steak for years and I just kind of decided to try it and I've been ordering it pretty much everywhere I go... so this is definitely the best in the area... I also think this is a better price than a lot of places I've been to... I don't know the exact prices for everything- but I think the Filet was a little bigger than other places, and it was definitely more delicious... It's probably the best thing I've ever ordered.

And then I got it with the "Angry" Lobster... which is a kind of lemony lobster with some spices... it wasn't actually spicy... but there's a story about why it is called "angry" and it's pretty funny... so if you're thinking of ordering this- ask your waiter about it... they'll explain it better than I can... because they are all pretty amazing and very well informed of everything and... yeah. This was pretty darn awesome!

And then dessert! I got something called Cake By The Ocean which I could only describe as Cookie Monster's Dream! It's a molten chocolate chip cookie-cake with salted caramel ice cream and molten hot fudge and really good home made whipped cream. This is like everything I love in a dessert. I love a warm cookie with ice cream, I love molten cakes, I love salted caramel ice cream.

So that is everything! I know I said I wouldn't review this really... but I think it's my favorite restaurant. The help is amazing, the dining area is nice and big and no matter where you sit there's an interesting view- whether it's overlooking the beach and the pool or if it's just in the middle of everything and you can look at some of their gorgeous pop art. It's amazing! And if you let them know that you're coming for a special occasion- they'll make sure everything is very special.

So that is everything! I hope you guys like this type of post! I think I'm going to do more of this from time to time... I had fun taking the pictures of these... and there are a few other places that I definitely want to talk about!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f