Skip to main content

Bingewatched: Search Party Season 1 *Spoilers*

Alright I've been meaning to check out some of TBS's comedies but I wasn't sure if there was a way to catch up on them or not. There is! You can watch this show and probably others on demand if you get TBS and you can watch it from their website- so that is easy and I watched this On Demand!

And I realize that I spoil the end of this... so I'm just going to say that I loved this show and I would recommend you check it out and then come back to read the rest of this... I think I'm going to do another review on the characters because I loved them so much too... it's just a really good show that's a very funny dark comedy. I don't necessarily know if there's tons of suspense in this... but the characters do kind of make it!

After seeing Alia Shawkat in Arrested Development Season 5 I really wanted to see more of her and see a show that she actually starred in... and she was great in it. This role was perfect for her because it wasn't an ordinary part. She played Dory, who doesn't really have a lot happening in her life. She graduated college and she's at a weird in between place where she's not really a "grown up" yet but she's done with college, she has a job as an assistant to an extremely wealthy woman (Played perfectly by Christine Taylor) she's living with her boyfriend in a small apartment... and she doesn't really know what to do. She goes on a job interview for something about "Leading women" and the interviewer says "She can't lead anyone."

It's at that point Dory becomes obsessed with this girl named Chantal Witherbottom that went missing. And the whole season follows her quest to find Chantal and the lengths she goes to find her.

And each episode has it's own challenge.There are 10 episodes and here's a small breakdown I guess of each episode... Just because this is fun and I think it's important. This might get a little spoiler-y... but I don't think I'll give away the end until after the descriptions.

1. Dory sees that Chantal is missing and afterwards she believes she sees her.

2. Dory meets a woman that says she also knows Chantal and she feels she has a kindred spirit... but then Dory learns this woman might not be quite who she thinks and might just be someone who everyone laughs at.

3. A candlelight vigil is held for Chantal at Chantal's family house. This episode is so funny because no one really knows Chantal... Chantal was kind of a bad person and a basic girl... and it shows some kind of funny ways people mourn. It's very over the top and it's really good.

4. Dory and her boyfriend invite Chantel's ex boyfriend over for dinner to see if he knows anything... things get awkward fast.

5. Dory meets a man that has been following her that claims to be a private investigator working for Chantal's family. They end up finding one of Chantal's former roommates that Chantal complained about in emails that Dory found snooping through Chantal's ex's phone.

6. Dory and her friends go to a cult that they think could be involved in Chantal's disappearance.

7. Dory and the Private Investigator grow closer and she ends up cheating on her boyfriend Drew.

8. Dory gives up the investigation for Chantal... but then she finds a new source!

9. Dory and her friends try to pay off someone who knows Chantal's whearabouts and they need to blackmail someone in order to do someone. This is one of the funniest episodes of the show and it is kind of the best at showing exactly who the characters are.

10. They find out where Chantal is and they drive to her!

So before they find Chantal they have some suspicious things that happened. They find a sonogram in Chantal's room. They think a cult is involved in Chantal's disappearance and that they've been following her and Chantal is hiding from them. They find out the private investigator- Keith- is not who he says he is and might have something to do with the cult and possibly with Chantal's baby. They find that the "crazy" woman that Dory confides in in episode 2 was hit by a train and died... they think maybe she really did know too much and maybe the cult or Keith killed her.

Keith ends up confronting Dory where they find Chantal and he gets aggressive and Drew- Dory's boyfriend ends up killing him... and then one of Dory's friends finds Chantal... and...

Nothing happened. Chantal cheated on her boyfriend with a married man and got upset when he didn't leave his wife and kids with her... so she just left. No one was hurting her. The baby was her sister's. Keith had nothing to do with Chantal and was only guilty of stalking and being a little possessive of Dory. The necklace that was connected to the cult was just a gift from Chantal's sister for her bridal party. Nothing happened and as stated in the pilot... Chantal is the worst.

Ohhh and she only ran away from Dory when she saw her because she couldn't place where she knew Dory and she didn't know if she was a cop or not and Chantal had a fake passport... so literally the worst. She ruined all of these people's lives because of this- and it even ended up killing Keith. A lot of bad stuff happened because Chantall just felt like running away from her pretty darn perfect life.

So that is everything I'm going to say about this right now. Super great show- very different and kind of daring compared to everything on tv. I am excited to see the second season... maybe I'll post about that again when I finish it... but for now- this is it and I love it!

Bye!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f