Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Powerless Review

I was really excited about this show... and it isn't that I don't like it... it's funny... but its not super funny. It falls a little flat for me. It's a cute show and I think it's going to get better and better... but it's not my favorite show right now.

It's about a girl that wanted to be a superhero or live near superheroes... but she didn't have any powers... so she tried to help the world in different ways and eventually got a job at Wayne Security, run by Bruce Wayne...'s cousin. Lol. So Batman is mentioned... it isn't mentioned that Bruce Wayne is Batman though.

Danny Pudi and Ron Funchs are on the show as employees of Wayne Security that aren't really working up to their potential, and Emily (the girl, played by Vanessa Hudgens) is hired to be their boss and wants to make Wayne Security better. She didn't know, however, that Wayne Enterprises is kind of going through some problems... and has gone through quite a few bosses in the last few months... so she tries whipping it into shape despite some resistance from the less than enthusiastic employees.

So it is unique in the fact that it's a superhero workplace comedy... but the plot isn't anything as new or exciting as what I was hoping it would be. The cast is funny and everything about it kind of works... but compared to shows like The Good Place, Superstore or Life In Pieces... which are all either on the same network or in Life in Pieces case, the same night... it just kinda falls a little flat in comparison. Superstore and Life in Pieces are both in their second season and I think they've gotten a lot better...which is why I think this is getting there... but it isn't quite there yet.

So I'm going to continue to watch it on Thursday's at 8:30... there's a lot to watch then and I think this is a good choice to watch... I really think that by tomorrow's episode I'll really like it. I forget what happened in the second episode... but usually things kind of get better by the third episode. This is just a good show right now... I'd give it a B+ right now... I think it'll get a lot better though.

Hope you liked this review!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...