Skip to main content

Chart Chat! 2/6/17

Alrighty... another chart chat here! I know I said I'd have a Jane The Virgin Recap/ Reaction today... but I think I'm going to save it until Friday just in case people are a little behind on watching it because there will be spoilers... so please watch the show first and then come back here to read my recap Friday!

10) Lion- This movie looked really really good. Dev Patel is in it... I really like him! I loved Slumdog Millionaire and this sounded like an interesting story also. Nicole Kidman is in it too... it just looked like a really great movie.

9) The Space Between Us- This is a weird movie... why do so many science fiction movies want to keep humans hostage on Mars it seems? This looks interesting but there's a lot going on in it for a movie... also the title "The Space Between Us" is kind of too much... they don't even play the Dave Matthews song in the previews... idk it looks a little too familiar and a little too over the top for me... it's the movie equivalent of the new Jack The Ripper time travel show with the Cyndi Lauper song as a title... yet for some reason they play "Don't Stop" by Kesha in the tv spots for that... anyway yeah this looks like a great way of storytelling and a powerful story... but it just looks too much for me... it looks bad. I'll see it when its on TV but there are too many of these "let's live on space" movies and this one looks different... but it's just not quite there.

Also he freaks out when he sees a horse... He's raised by scientists and they never show him what a horse looks like? Lol. Please let me know how you liked this if you saw it... I just can't really imagine it being that great. Here is the trailer... you should probably watch that to make more sense of what I just said in this little blurb.

8) xXx: The Return of Xander Cage- I talked about this last week... but the original xXx movie was released in 2002... so it was released 15 years ago? That's crazy. Someone born 2 years after the release of the original is now old enough to see this movie without parental guidance. (the movie is PG-13) ... so yeah that's a little crazy. I also feel like Action movies can get away with this pretty easily. They're easy to make and make money... even though this wasn't #1 on the charts or anything... it's still done pretty well and it'll probably do better worldwide. Plus Vin Diesel... yeah. This is good probably! Not my thing, but I'm sure people will love it!

7) Sing- I want to see this! I'm happy it's still out!

6) Resident Evil: The Final Chapter- What I said about xXx only for this... plus Resident Evil is a video game too I think... and Idk if gamers necessarily like the film adaptations of the games... for the most part it seems like they are pretty low on the charts despite having a great following... but this is The Final Chapter so I'm sure it's good. If I had seen any of the other Resident Evil movies I might be more intrigued... but I know nothing about this. Again the original came out in 2002... sensing a theme here.

5) La La Land- This movie looks really good too! I'm intrigued... I really want to see the movie so that I can listen to the soundtrack, because I'm sure that will be something I'll want to listen to a lot too!

4) Hidden Figures- I know everyone is favoring La La Land to win... but I'm wondering if this or Moonlight will end up winning. I think this looks like something I'm more interested in and I think Moonlight looks like a better movie than this or La La Land... but this is already kind of winning at the box office. I have a feeling this is something people may be seeing in big groups. I could imagine a lot of college classes requiring to see this movie... or even high school classes and possibly churches too. Plus I can't see who wouldn't want to see this movie. It's an incredibly fascinating story that no one has ever heard of before! And I'm sure there are lots of other stories like it... so I'm pretty intrigued. It looks great!

3) A Dog's Purpose- I think I'll see this when it's on TV. Maybe not... idk it just looks so sad. I can't get through watching the previews without bawling my eyes out.

2) Rings- This is one I sort of think looks good. I liked the original Ring movies... but they were kind of the same movie. They don't have a ton of plot... but they're scary. This one looks different. A 21st century version...and I think the other 2 movies were made in the 21st century... so that shows how dated they probably look now. Lol.

1) Split-Again at #1! Horror movies really sneak in there when there's not much else out. This doesn't look bad... I don't think it looks that great though... so yeah? Lol. Not much to say about that. I said a lot last week about mental illness and the portrayal in movies and media... and yeah. It would be nice if some of the money a movie like this makes went to help mental illness... but it probably goes to buying the director a fancy car or something. No offense director of the movie Split... not saying that for sure... but you know... it's probably not going to charity.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f