Skip to main content

Scribbles About Food:Exciting Things To Do With Leftovers

I just thought this might be fun to do. I love leftovers and here are just a couple things you can do with them.

Nachos 
A fun thing to do if you have leftover tacos meat or chili... or even just cheese and some salsa maybe. Just heat up the taco meat and melt some cheese on tortilla chips and over tortilla chips. I think you can do this in the oven or microwave... I just do the microwave... I think the oven would maybe overcook the chips and make them a little soggy... but the microwave works just fine.

Queso Dip 
Along the same lines as the nachos, Queso Dip is easy... just melt some cheese with some salsa and you've got a nice, tasty queso. I think it works best if you have cube cheese... but I think it would work if you had the pre-shredded cheese.

Quesadillas 
Definite Mexican food theme here... lol. If you have some grilled chicken and some cheese and tortillas, its very easy to make a quesadilla. You could probably do something breakfasty with this too. I did this in college a lot, not necessarily with leftovers, but I used a panini press to do it... you could use a foreman grill or just kind of flatten it on a frying pan. This is really yummy.

Make it a sandwich! 
If you're just bored with whatever leftovers you have, make it a sandwich! See what happens! It's not bad!

Breakfast Potatoes 
If you have leftover potatoes you could probably fry them up and make them into breakfast potatoes... but I'm talking more about actual Breakfast Potato leftovers. I go to diners a lot and order breakfast food and you've gotta get breakfast potatoes right? If you microwave it with some cheese its sort of a fun brunch-y potato! Really yummy and just kind of a fun little treat.

So those are things to do with leftovers! Nothing revolutionary or unheard of... just a few little tips for what to do with this food! Let me know what you think... I might do this from time to time... I don't really do too many different things with leftovers... but these are just some easy things for lazy people like me!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...