Skip to main content

Chart Chat! (feb 17th-Feb 19th)

Here are the new Top Charts of the week at the Box Office!

10) A Cure For Wellness- This looked like a weird movie... but I'm surprised it isn't further on the chart. I guess it was a little weird for most people... because it's low on the chart lol. Doesn't really have the same suspense appeal as Split... and it isn't exactly the best Date night movie for the weekend after Valentines day.

9) La La Land- This probably would be a great date night movie after Valentine's day. It looks cute, it's a musical and it's been getting rave reviews and lots of Oscar Buzz. Hasn't done great on the charts... but it has been in the top 10 for quite some time now.

8) A Dog's Purpose- Just saw this movie and I loved it! I have a review that I'll try to link here (not published quite yet as I'm writing it... so if I don't remember to link it... that is why!) I loved it... it made me cry throughout most of the movie... it was really good to hear about life from a dog's point of view. The good and the bad, the good in people and the bad in people... it was just a good story that was told in a very sweet way.

7) Split- This has been doing well on the charts for quite a while... and is still holding strong. Even against the latest horror flick, A Cure For Wellness... which is surprising. This has the suspense element that I think is making it so popular. My friend saw it and is still talking about it because it was just so shocking... so it's a good one!

6) Hidden Figures- This has been doing great at the Box Office since it's release! I think it was a little lower in the charts last week than it is today... but people really wanted to know this story and it's a shame that it wasn't told sooner. I'm guessing a lot of classes are probably seeing this and possibly even churches and youth groups... this is the sort of movie that I had classes for that would say "Okay see this movie and we'll have a discussion in class." Or ones that would be good for a youth group trip... I'm sure I've mentioned that before... I always really liked doing that... if you can't tell I like writing about movies... so this is good.

5) Fist Fight- This just looked really funny. Charlie Day and Ice Cube... it seems like something that could really happen to teachers IRL... It's not doing great for it's first week released... but this is something I would probably want to see... it has some competition right now and it's still good for the Top 5!

4) John Wick- Chapter 2- I like Keanu Reeves... not sure what the movie is really about... I haven't seen the first one...not really my cup of tea... but apparently people like it enough to get it to #4... so yeah.

3) The Great Wall- It seems ridiculous to me that Matt Damon is in a movie about the Great Wall of China... this is the movie he had to do for China so that he could make The Martian... I forget how that worked out... but that's somehow the contract negations or something... this is doing well in China... not so bad here... but people are offended here that they need a white man to save China from the monsters... this is a ridiculous sounding movie to me... when I hear "The Great Wall of China" I don't want to think "Ohh... Matt Damon." It's just weird.

2) 50 Shades Darker- Again at #2! Even after Valentines' day week... which I would think couples would still celebrate after... uhhh this movie seems like kind of a joke... Sandy Kenyon said people were laughing at it in theaters... it looks funny to me... better than 50 shades of grey to me... but apparently it is not.

1) The Lego Batman Movie- I want to see this movie! I didn't know at first... but I heard the Super Carlin Brothers review of it... and it sounds really funny and pretty good. I think they thought it wasn't exactly like the Lego Movie... but the differences sound good and I think it is still a kid playing with Legos.

That is everything... Hope you guys like this!

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f