Skip to main content

Scribbles About Food: Chicken and Waffles at The Ale House in Asbury Park

So here's something fun! The Ale House is a really great restaurant... it gets really busy and the service isn't the absolute best... but even still... it's got a great menu with pretty much everything I like on it... good appetizers, fun place for drinks... and just a good place to go all in all.

Anyway... back to my food... There was a lot of stuff on the menu that I liked... but when I saw Chicken and Waffles it was a done deal! I knew exactly what to get and I was super super excited!

The Fried Chicken was boneless and it had a maple flavor to it. It was really good and sweet. There wasn't any maple syrup with the chicken and waffle... which I was somewhat nervous about... but the flavor of the chicken definitely made up for that. It tasted like it already had Maple with it.

There was also a gravy that went on top of it that was really good. It was a white gravy that had bacon in it I think also according to the menu... it didn't really taste like bacon, but it did taste really good and with the maple chicken... it was really yummy.

The waffle was good too. It was just a plain waffle... fluffy, hot tasted really good with the chicken and the gravy... tasted good on its own too... but I tried to get a little bite of everything with it.

Then it came with a side of sweet potatoes... which was good... it was sweet and had some brown sugar... this wasn't the best thing on the plate though. It came out a little bit lukewarm and it was just the least memorable thing on the plate. It went with the Chicken and Waffles nicely... but it wasn't my favorite of everything... it's hard to be with all this great food on the plate... but still.

And they have a nice selection of beers, some good local craft beers. The price wasn't terrible. It was $19 for the chicken and waffles and it was a good amount of food... I was pretty full after eating it and it was delicious! So that was all good!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...