Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up! 2.19.17


Favorites 

Joanne by Lady Gaga- I've been listening to this CD a lot this week and it's just really good... I'm really excited to see Lady Gaga in August... I love that this is kind of different than what she usually does... but she just does it so well. It is weird to listen to a full CD and where Alexander Hamilton doesn't die at the end... but it's still really good. 

Jane The Virgin- I finished watching the First Season of the show... and I have a recap that I'll post on a Throwback Thursday sometime next month... but what a great show! I just really like it. I'm on the Second Season now... so yeah. I'm still all caught up with the current season... but re-watching is so fun. 

Dr. Teals Relax and Relief Eucalyptus Spearmint Foaming Bath Soak- This smells amazing and it's a stress relief type of thing and it just smells nice and de-stresses and I just really like it. It's a relaxing and refreshing bubble bath! 

A Dog's Purpose- I saw this movie with my friends a few nights ago... did not stop crying at all! Great, great, great movie... I might see it again with my mom... review coming tomorrow I believe. 

News and World Events

George and Amal Clooney are having twins... which I announced... but they are having one of each! A boy and a girl! 

I don't have much news for the week... sorry! 

AHS season 7 will of corse be about the  2016 election. Would have definitely been a missed opportunity if they didn't do this! 

TV Highlights 

I think I'll actually do a full Scribbles About TV on Tuesday or Wednesday because I like doing re-caps and there were no awards shows this week... I'm excited to do the Oscars next week... but this is good too. 

Noteworthy Snacks 
Souvlaki from a diner nearby... think I'll do a scribbles about food for this place. 

Music
Angel Down by Lady Gaga... the whole cd I mentioned is really good... but I'm going to shout out this particular song this week because it's really good! 

Quotes

"If you dont have any shadows you're not in the light" - Lady Gaga 

“I guess I had never bothered to consider that there might such a thing as a boy, but now that I had found one, I thought it was just about the most wonderful concept in the world. He smelled of mud and sugar and an animal I'd never scented before, and a faint meaty odor clung to his fingers, so I licked them.” - A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron 

Thoughts 
I spend a lot of time with my dog and (this week at least)  with my niece and after seeing A Dog's Purpose... it's kind of fun and easy to just imagine what they are thinking and trying to understand them. Dogs are more human than you'd think and babies are more grown up than you'd think. 

Clickables 
Syrian Refugees Find Home in Canada - This was a really inspiring story of a Syrian Refugee who now runs a sock store in Canada. 

Girl Scout Honestly Gives Her Ranking of Cookies- This was just kind of funny and gives a look at a girl who values honesty! 

I Steal Pets - You guys know I'm obsessed with Crazy Ex Girlfriend... this was a song Rachel Bloom did before Crazy Ex Girlfriend and it's really funny and dark and I like it a lot. Lol. 

Byeee!

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...