Skip to main content

Grammy Gossip! - A Recap of the Memorable Moments of Grammy's 2017!

This is kind of like Superbowl Smackdown... but obviously for the Grammy's. I think I did this last year too! I like award show recaps... and there was a lot for this year... so Let's go on!

James Corden was really funny. He wasn't on the show that much though, but he did a really fun opening rap song that went over the music related things that happened this year... the nominees and such. I really liked that. James Corden is a pretty good rapper.

Then the awards started... Chance The Rapper won the first of the night for Best New Artist... I was rooting for him, I like him a lot on the Hamilton Mixtape and I just downloaded his cd. He released it only on streaming services... which is interesting. I only listen to Apple Music right now... so that works perfectly for me!

The performances were all really good too... aside from a few technical difficulties. Adele had a technical difficulty during her tribute to George Michael... and I don't think that tribute did him Justice. It was her performing one of his songs... but not in the sort of High-Energy way that he's known for... it was very solemn and did not sound like a George Michael song at all... There was also a slideshow with videos of him... which also seemed strange to me. Adele did re-start the performance because of the technical difficulty. She cursed to make sure that they would re-start it... which was cool. Idk if it was Adele that messed up or something else... but she begged to re-start because she didn't feel it did him justice... that was pretty cool.

There was also a HUGE technical Difficulty during the Lady Gaga and Metallica performance... Lady Gaga's Mic was on fine and she was singing and it was awesome... James Hetfield's mic was off! That kind of sucked. I'm sure fans of Metallica and Fans of The Grammys don't go hand in hand too often... but when you hear someone you are a fan of is on The Grammys... you watch the Grammy's. So... I'm sure that's the only reason people watched and they were disappointed with his mic being turned off.

Beyonce's performance was great too! She looked beautiful. It wasn't quite a live performance, half was pre-filmed while the other portion was live. It was half spoken word and half song... I thought it had a pretty powerful message of female empowerment. I haven't seen Lemonade yet... but I think I'm going to do that soon... if not like now and I'll do a review on it. I have it DVR'ed... not sure how available it is otherwise... but yeah. Great performance on the show!

I kind of stopped watching around the time the Prince Tribute was on... I love Prince and I really wanted to see it... but it was a very long show and even with the performances... it was hard to hold my attention that long... it was good though.

Other performances I liked that weren't necessarily highlights... The GORGEOUS Demi Lovato and her tribute to Disco Music. Katy Perry's was really good too. A Tribe Called Quest was very political and I didn't hear much about it today... but I thought it was a great performance. I wasn't paying 100% attention to it... honestly idk if I saw all the political messages in it but I feel like dismissing it as anything other than a powerful and passionate performance would just be wrong... no matter who you voted for. It was very powerful!

Another underrated performance was Maren Morris and Alicia Keys. I didn't know Maren Morris before yesterday when they played her song that goes "Can I get a hallelujah, can I get an amen?" Over and over and over again on the commercials... and I'm not super into country music...so it annoyed me a little bit... so I thought it was going to be a weird performance and that I would only like the Alicia Keys part... but I really liked both of them! I thought they were great and the song was a very powerful, heartbreaking breakup song. I liked it.

The Lucas Graham and Kelsea Ballerini mashup wasn't great. The performers themselves were great. I don't like the Peter Pan song that Ballerini performed... but I thought she was good and Lucas Graham did fine too... they just didn't look at each other on stage at all and they weren't performing together, they were performing 2 different songs at the same time... there wasn't even a little bit of chemistry there and it felt odd. I'm reading a Best and Worst list of the Grammys and they also put this under the worst category for different reasons... I'll link that below... genuinely, I really liked the whole show... but it's good to know that other people thought this was a strange performance too.

I didn't watch the end of the show with Adele's acceptance speech and her thanking Beyonce... I thought that was sweet. I couldn't imagine being a singer and winning against my favorite singer. I think it probably happens all the time... but that's cool that she mentioned it. I'm not a fan of Adele... I like her, I appreciate that she has music... I would appreciate her more if the radio played her a little bit less.

That was pretty much everything I noticed... I'll link the New York Times Best and Worst article here! Let me know if you like these re-caps. I don't think there's an award Ceremony coming up soon... I think I'll do a TV recap next Monday because I want to do another Jane The Virgin recap... I like the time jump a lot so far.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f