Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up: 1/15/16


Favorites 

The Sing Soundtrack-So my dad just downloaded this... and I have to say, it is really great! I haven't seen the movie yet, but the soundtrack was really great! It has a little bit of everything with a little bit of sooo many different performers and lots and lots of famous songs. Some great remixes... it's just like the reason I love soundtracks... in a nutshell. So many people where I'm like "wow, I didn't know they could sing like that!" Very cool. 

Adam The Woo- Adam The Woo is a really cool vlogger. He used to do a lot of Disney park vlogs, now he has an RV and he travels across the United States in his RV and just explores what a lot of little towns and places in the united states have to offer. It is really cool and interesting to see the world this way. BTW it is on his channel The Daily Woo, which I'll link in the clickables.

Bright Sun Films- This is a youtube channel with a series called Abandoned, which is super interesting. It's about abandoned theme parks, abandoned concept ideas and abandoned stores. He goes into why they didn't work or became abandoned or scrapped... it's pretty interesting. I really like it!

A Series of Unfortunate Events- This just came out and I've only seen the very first episode so far, but I'm going to go ahead and put this on my favorites list now because I absolutely love it! It's much better than the movie a few years ago... although I didn't think the movie was that bad either... it works better as a TV show. It's a little funnier, a little scarier and even more exciting: They go through the first 4 books in the series! The movie did the first 3... but it was somewhat out of order and it was just a little rushed in the movie. The show dedicates 2 hour long episodes to each book... and that's awesome. I really liked the 4th book in the series, and I'm so excited to see that finally now. I also think it's even funnier and somehow more relatable as an adult. And Neil Patrick Harris is so funny... and I really liked Jim Carrey in it too... but I NPH is portraying Olaf as an actor that's full of himself and he drinks a lot and he's really dumb... it's just a little more fun than the Jim Carrey version. Also it's directed by Barry Sonnefield who directed the Addam's Family movies which are some of my absolute favorites... I just think they did an AMAZING job with this! I watch and like most of the shows on Netflix... but this one is definitely a favorite!



Life Scribbles
I'm actually doing a blog now detailing that... so I'll link it in the clickables! The big thing that happened is that my sister had her baby! So I'm an aunt!

News and World Events

Meryl Streep gave a very powerful speech at the Golden Globes this past weekend. She accepted the Cecil B Demille award and used her speech to shout out her fellow actors, bring awareness to the scariest thing that happened this election season... and thanked the Journalists for having their integrity. She felt it her responsibility to use her speech as a platform for her opinions. And that is awesome. I'm kind of hoping I'm doing that at least subtly in this blog... I don't really want to make this a political blog, there were flaws with all candidates... as with any elections... but if I heard someone that was 10 making fun of a disabled person I would think that's wrong... so yeah when someone running for president does that... and gets elected... its sad. So it's okay to be sad. It's okay to like him... I'm just saying be nice to people. Respect people who are different than you and be a good person. 

And of corse trump fired back saying he didn't offend the reporter... and indeed the mannerisms he used to describe the disabled reporter are the same he used to make fun of Ted Cruise... I don't think that makes it any different personally, but I'll leave Phillip Defranco's video in the Clickables because he explains it well. 

Also during the Golden Globes... 2 times they said Hidden Fences instead of Hidden Figures. 2 times! Jenna Bush and Michael Keaton. In Keaton's defense: He was announcing Octavia Spencer right before he said the word Figures for Hidden Figures. Spencer sounds like Fences... and he probably heard the name Fences mentioned before he said that and it makes enough sense. Jenna Bush was doing the Arrivals Special and they did have Viola Davis on from Fences right before they had on Pharell for Hidden Figures... so that is also easy enough to confuse. 

But on the other hand... these are people who are both paid to talk in front of a camera for a living... and they are some of the best people that did it. Michael Keaton was on the Globes because he's won Globes! Jenna Bush is on because of Nepotism! No just kidding... because she's actually good enough at interviewing celebrities that she is on the red carpet and on Access Hollywood... so yeah... it's their lifelong profession... they should say things right. 

On the other hand writing is my lifelong passion... and I'm kind of bad at that... well I'm not bad... it's just hard to do. It's hard to be a bard. 

At one wedding, the Made of Honor drank almost a full bottle of Fireball by herself and went on a rampage including Grand Larceny and assault on multiple people. After drinking the fireball I believe she stole one of the groomsmen's cars and then when she was confronted about it she hit him in the face... and then when the EMT came to help her, she assaulted him also... it was just a mess... not sure I got the story totally right... but it was too funny not to mention. If I find the link for it, it'll be in the clickables! 

Friday the 13th was this Friday! It's happening 2 Fridays in a row this month! Lol. I know that it's impossible... I'm just making the joke. Except that Friday the 13th my Niece was born! So the first Friday the 13th of the month was incredible... the second one is pretty bad! Lol. 

January 11th was Alexander Hamilton's Birthday. He is either 262 or 260. I say is because he's so prominent in Pop Culture now... that he is still alive in a way... so yeah. Happy Birthday A.Ham! 

TV Highlights 
Blackish! What an amazing show! Great episode! I have a review of it that I guess I'll link in the clickables! 

And I have a reaction of my other favorite of the week: This is Us that I'll link in the clickables as well I guess. 


Noteworthy Snacks 
Chips and french onion dip!

Shepard's Pie from a place called Drew's... maybe I'll do a review of that soon? I have some food reviews planned.

Mac and Cheese from The Elbow Room... I think I'll have a review of that very soon.

Music 
The Sing Soundtrack! Seriously amazing!!!

Quotes


"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." - Lemony Snicket 

"I never expect to see a perfect work from an imperfect man." -Alexander Hamilton 

Thoughts 
You never know what might happen in life... so be prepared! Especially if you're having a baby cause no one in my family was ready for my niece and she's here now... and we probably wouldn't have been ready in a month either... so there's that. Lol.

Also a thought... how is the song Hallelujah on so many soundtracks for kids movies? Its on the Sing Soundtrack 2 times, plus the Shrek soundtrack? It's not a kids song... I don't get it. 

Clickables 


Scribbles!

Blackish Review

This is Us Premiere - Midseason premiere.

Hollywood Ripley's Believe It Or Not Tour

Dr. Ruth's Dollhouses - I just watched this a few seconds ago. Dr. Ruth is the older lady that talks about sex on tv... but she actually had a super interesting life and collects dollhouses.

The Daily Woo




Byeee!

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f