Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up: 1/2/16

I think I'm going to continue doing these on Sunday... but for this week... we're doing it on a Monday! Allllright! 

Favorites 
Starbucks Salted Caramel Cinnamon Apple Milk Chocolate Covered Grahams- These are delicious! I've been eating 1... or 3 a day this week... only have a few packs but these are such a great candy... there isn't much else to say... the name says it all... it is delicious! 

The Original Star Wars Trilogy- After the very sad passing of Carrie Fisher this week, I started watching the Original Star Wars Trilogy. At the time I'm writing this I've already watched A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back once... I'm going to watch them over and over again to do a few blogs... but yeah. 

Journal- My friend got me a journal for Christmas... and I've just sort of wrote little things in it... nothing too creative yet... just things that I thought would help me out and be useful... but yeah. I like taking notes, I like jotting things down... so that is quite handy! 

Life Scribbles
Sunday was Christmas... we had family over and opened up presents. 

Most of the rest of the week someone in my family has had a cold... so we didn't do a whole lot... my mom and I did some planning for my sister's baby shower and I got a few things for my niece who will be here soon, so that was exciting! I'm excited for the shower, it's Sunday... so that will be fun! 

Funny thing though: Thursday and Friday I basically Tore my Room Apart and cleaned it up... was not my intention I just wanted to move 2 things... but then I sort of just had to move everything. So that was what I did most of Friday... Which sucked.. but its satisfying now. It's Saturday now and I'm happy I have a nice, clean room for the New Year. Still have a few things to do... but yeah. This is good. 

TV Highlights 
Everything is kind of repeats right now. I watched the Life in Pieces episodes they had for the marathon. Those were really good... I caught up on Samanta Bee's show and that was really good... obviously I watched Star Wars. 

OHHHH and Greg Scott was on Undercover Boss... this is a big deal for me because he is the CEO of New York and Company... and I used to work at New York and Company! It was so funny to see the CEO of the company do the job that I used to do... and it was really hard for him! I could really relate to all the workers in the store... there was just one thing where a male employee who worked at a store and I think he was a key holder... not sure... but anyway he wore the clothes from the store, even though they were women's clothes, he wanted to show what they looked like and he pointed to ripped pink distressed jeans saying that he wished he could wear that but he couldn't because Male Employees were only allowed to wear black and white. That's great to get male employees to wear colorful clothes... but no one was allowed to wear jeans to work! Only a few times a year when we were doing a Denim event... but yeah. I don't think women would be allowed to wear pink distressed jeans! So that was the one thing I sort of had an issue with. Lol. 

Noteworthy Snacks 
Honeyball cookies... not sure what the real name for them is... but they are really really good. It's really good and they don't get stale or anything. They're just good! 

Lindor Mint Chocolate Truffles... my sister actually got a huge bag because it was a pregnancy craving of hers... but it was really yummy! These are so good! I think they're just for Christmas... but they should be all year because they're amazing! 

I went to Olive Garden this week... and I think I'll post another blog on what I ordered there because I like doing that with chain restaurants... but yeah. Breadsticks are delicious. 

News and World Events 

Christmas!

Hannukah!

Kwanza celebrated it's 50th Anniversary! Hope you had a happy holiday, whatever you celebrate. 

RIP George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. It appears Billie Lourde is keeping Gary Fisher, her French Bulldog Brother. And the cast of Scream Queens all supported Billie after her mother and Grandmother's passing. It was really sweet... I'll post the link in the Clickables. 

Thoughts 
Take a second... or maybe like a while to assess what makes you happy in life and what stresses you out... keep doing what makes you happy... don't do what stresses you out. You'll have a happier life. It's less hard than I thought to actually be happy. 


Clickables 



Byeee!

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f