Skip to main content

Scribbles! 1/8/16-1/14/16 Stacey's Baby Shower, I get mail, I catch up with my friends... and I'm an Aunt?????

Sunday 
Today is my sister's baby shower! I'm really excited to go. We're actually having it at one of my mom's best friends houses... so it isn't that big of a party, but its going to be very pretty and well decorated. My mom's friend does a lot of stuff on Pinterest and she's very talented and crafty... so it's going to look awesome!

And it did look awesome! And it was tons of fun! We got subs from one of our favorite places, Nino Jr's for everyone to eat. There was a hot chocolate station and  I had the most delicious hot chocolate ever... Honey cake desserts. Little jars of honey as the favors. It's just really cute and fun. Everything was absolutely perfect! It was a lot of fun!

I don't really want to share too much because it's a private thing and I don't think I'm going to say my nieces name... I might have somewhere on here... but yeah. Everything was perfect!

This is a little rattle set we got... I forget if we got it at Babies R Us or Hallmark... but I like it a lot. Tigger is my favorite, Eeyore is my sister's favorite and Everyone Loves Winnie The Pooh! 

This is the favor. My mom's friend made up the tag... I picked between the three quotes that she had. And tied it together. It was also my idea to have the jar of honey... which she got from a local place... always get local honey, especially if you have allergies its supposed to help! 

My mom and I picked out this sign from Hallmark. We thought it would be a cute decoration. I like the quote a lot! 

Monday 
So you know the phrase "The hurrier I go, the behinder I get..." I wasn't really going hurrier that day... but I did get quite behinder... somehow. I slept in because I was kind of tired from the party. It took a while for me to get up and get dressed. I usually like posting my first instagram picture at 11:30am because that's when my beauty blog goes up... the first picture I had wasn't even about that... it was just all a difficult process getting up and getting ready. 

I also couldn't find my glasses for a few days now. I've been wearing my contacts... I knew I had my glasses in a safe place and where they were supposed to be in their case... but I couldn't think of where the case was. I eventually found the case in my bottom drawer with my Bath and body works perfumes... but yeah. I found them... I have my glasses on now, I can see and everything. 
Here is my glasses case. 
Here I am in my Glasses! 
I lost these toys too and I found them! 


Ohhh and I deleted 2 photos that I was going to post on Instagram before I posted them... which is not fun. I did post them on my private Facebook album so I took a picture from there and re-edited it so that it looked like I didn't just take it from online... lol. 

Reading this in retrospect... the above statement makes little sense... I have an instagram and I usually delete the pictures right after I post them... but I deleted them before I posted them this time...but I also uploaded them to a private Facebook photo album that I use just for my blog... and I re-edited them in the editing app I have and posted them at the appropriate times... win win win! 

Tuesday 

Today I went to Wallmart... I don't really like going to Wallmart... but it is a little exciting because I haven't been in so long. It's not my favorite place in the world... but they have low prices and good things.... so if you see 3 grown adults that look like they belong on Duck Dynasty and one woman was in the shopping cart... which actually happened today... that's just why you're paying lower prices. Not to be snobby, but they wouldn't do that at like a Target... that's wall mart behavior. Lol. 

Anyway they definitely cleaned up their beauty section. I didn't buy anything, but I was super super impressed! And I got Lilo and Stitch on DVD and I was going to get Big Hero 6... but it said it was on sale and it wasn't... and Lilo and Stitch wasn't as cheap as it said it was anyway... so yeah. It's just frustrating... 

Anyway I had Starbucks too. They still have holiday drinks at my target. 

Spoilers from This Is Us coming up... 

I didn't watch Obama's speech... but I did watch The Middle, which was really good and American Housewife which I liked... and of corse the return of This Is Us! I love that show! It was such a good episode too! I loved the 70s storyline and Kate's story... I thought Randall's relationship with his father was very real too. Kevin... what a jerk! Lol. I like Sloane and I wanted him to stay with her instead of Olivia... and now I don't want him with either cause he's a jerk! 

I'm also working on a blog for tomorrow on Scribbles About Beauty and I'm really proud of it! I'm doing a review on the Kathleenlights highlight palette and I included a lot of pictures and a pretty thorough review of it... well I still have to take 2 more pics... but I'm proud of what I have so far and I'm excited to post it! 

I'm working on another blog too... that I want to start posting on on the 20th... but I can't think of a name for the blog! Ughhhh! It's a very specific subject that I think I could do a whole blog on... not a daily blog just a couple times a week maybe... but yeah. That I'm proud of too even though I haven't started it yet... so I really need to think of that if I am really committed to doing this! 

Ohhh and I got mail today too! I ordered from Jouer a little while ago. I don't think these Ready to Wear palettes were always $19... but they're $19 now, so I decided to get one... and I love their Liquid Lipsticks so I grabbed one in Tawny Rose. I was debating between Tawny Rose, Skinny Dip (which is a glittery topcoat) and Petale De Rose. I thought I got Petale De Rose... but apparently I got Tawny Rose... which I'm happy about. It's a beautiful color and I thought it was limited edition... so yeah! 

And I'm writing this in bed now... so here's a picture of me sleeping... in my coffee and donut pajamas and my Slapp beanie to keep my hair looking the same. 



Wednesday 
This was the only day I really did anything... and it's the only day I didn't really take pictures. I got up early to work on my blog and go to Boscov's for a pair of Thermal Socks. My room gets so cold at night and I don't have many socks that are warm enough to keep me warm at night.

Then I ate a sandwich... which was good. And my friend called me and asked if I wanted to go with her to get a pedicure so I did! I might actually show a picture of my feet here... even though that scares me a bit to do that on the internet. The nail color I got is OPI's Worth a Pretty Penne I believe. Which is nice! I love the color, I don't have it and it was nice and relaxing and fun to catch up with my friend. She just got engaged and I'm almost an aunt...so things are exciting. Then we ended up going to the mall and I got some things...

I got the Urban Decay After Dark palette, which is really pretty! And at H&M I got a Green Tank top to go with some green shirts that I have that I like using a tank top under.  And at Disney Store I got a Mickey and the Roadster Racers play set for the granddaughter of my moms friend that just through my sister the baby shower. She's having a Mickey themed party. I thought this was a good gift for her because she likes holding the little toys and carrying them with her. For me I got a mug with Minnie Mouse on it that has a little place for your cookies underneath! Super cute! S

Then, we went back to my friend's place and hung out a bit and went out with another friend that lives close by and ate at a place called The Elbow Room. I had Mac and Cheese and it was amazing... but it was a lot of food and a lot of cheese... so it was a bit much... still good... but kind of much. Lol. I'll probably do a review on it... but the place was sort of dark so I couldn't get great pictures.

Ohhh and I started writing my Feminist blog: Scribbles About Feminism! Look for my first post on January 20th at 12pm EST. Something else is happening at that time too!  I already have all of my posts written for the month of January on there... so that's good!

Thursday 

Thursday I was tired in the morning... but was still able to get up kind of early and blog... which I'm starting to like a lot. I'm waiting at home because our Washing Machine broke and the repair man might be here to look at it soon. Not sure...

I just had some Chicken n Dill sandwiches... I just kind of toasted some italian bread and left it open faced... I think there is chip dip in my house... I kind of want to have some of that... but maybe not. Lol. We'll see. I've got to work on that in February I think I'll start... lol.

I did make chips and dip... and I followed the directions that were on the thing... it said to put 1 whole packet in for 8 ounces of sour cream... our sour cream was 16 ounces... so I put in 2 packets... my mom says "I don't even put one full packet in." Ohhh... so it just basically tastes like sour cream dipped in a chip. Lol.

Then everything was kind of normal and boring until 12:13 when my sister sent me a text message...

Friday 
"Are you awake my water broke" the text said... "Ohhhh no!" I texted back. My sister's due date wasn't until February 14th... so I was a little bit nervous. We waited around until Stacey heard from the doctor and then we rushed over.

We listened to the soundtrack to the movie Sing on the way over... man it is amazing! I highly recommend getting it! I haven't seen the movie yet, but the soundtrack had really good remixes and really good covers of both older songs and newer songs. It's just really good. Something kids and parents can both agree on.

Anyway... back to the important stuff like my niece being born. We were all in the waiting room... it was far away from the Delivery Room, it was cold and kind of ugly. There were 4 magazines that were all pretty old and the TV was on HGTV and it was so late that they just started playing infomercials at the end.

She was born around 2:30am and she is absolutely perfect. She is tiny and quiet and beautiful. She has these long fingers... she's just the best! I'm so proud!

So yeah... this turned out to be an interesting day. It's 2:20pm now... so we'll see what else happens and hopefully I'll check in later!


So I'm back home now. We went out to lunch and then back to the hospital to visit my niece! I held her, which was really nice. I've never held a baby before. She's beautiful and so quiet. She doesn't fuss too much, she just coos and cries a little bit, but nothing really that big. She's so calm with my sister and her husband. She cried a little when my dad held her and she was kind of fussing when I held her... but not too much. She's the best baby. I'm biased and she hasn't been a baby for very long... but she's the best!


Saturday
Right now I'm at home, I'll probably go to the hospital later with my dad to see my Niece... I don't know what exactly I'd be able to post today... so I think I'm going to end this blog here... I'll try to take better/ more interesting pictures next week... but yeah. Crazy blog right? Did not think this was going to be as crazy as a week as it was... but darn! Life surprises you sometimes right? Lol!

I don't think any of these other scribbles will be quite as exciting... but We'll see what happens! Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f