Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up 1/23/17


Favorites 

Hamilton- I saw Hamilton yesterday... it was even better than I thought it would be... and I really thought it would be good... I'll have a full review on that... I'm sure you already kind of know my feelings about that. I listened to the Soundtrack a lot this week too... so that was especially good. 

Teak- On Monday I ate at a restaurant called Teak in Red Bank. I'll do a Scribbles About Food on that, but that was delicious! It reheated sooo well too. I was really impressed! Very yummy! 

A Series of Unfortunate Events- I watched this again this week... I need something else to watch because I'm about to watch it again... and I already did my review. Lol. I really need to get some of the books now because I'm just so into this series right now. 



News and World Events

The Womens March was awesome and there were a lot of funny signs that actually said something meaningful. No matter what your thoughts on the current president, I think it's pretty apparent women are feeling that their voices aren't being heard by the government... and that's why this march was important and meaningful. And when women are marching all over the country, literally so that the government and men will hear what we have to say and Piers Morgan says "I'm going to start a Men's March because these feminists are emasculating us" or something along those lines... I'll link it in the clickables... he needs to be taken down. And Patton Oswalt and many other people did that PERFECTLY on twitter. It'll be in the clickables. 


TV Highlights 
A Series of Unfortunate Events! 

The Good Place was pretty great this week... maybe I'll post on that... 

And that is everything I think? 

Noteworthy Snacks 
Teak in Red Bank... I think that's it. 

Music
Hamilton!!!!! Obviously. Lol. 


Quotes
"Look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now"- Eliza Hamilton (from the musical... not sure if IRL. I think Lin Manuel Miranda said that's what he says a lot.) 

Thoughts 
Sometimes things are better than you thought they'd be, no matter how good you think they are. Appreciate that. 

Clickables 


Byeee!

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

How To-sday: How To Arrange a Bookshelf

Ahhhh arranging a bookshelf. If you thought you knew how to do it you're probably wrong because I just did it wayyy better! 1) Use it For DVDs  I don't always keep a lot of my books... so many of my book shelves are really DVD shelves. So yeah. 2)  By Genre...  You ever think "Hey I'm in the mood for a horror Movie" and all you're finding is rom coms? Fear no more! Just arrange your dvds according to different genres. I have a section for Romantic Comedies/Chick Flicks, Horror and serious movies... on that shelf I also have my X Files DVDs and Tim Burton Movies because that fit there... One shelf I have cartoons, kids movies and holiday movies... one shelf is comedies, next shelf is TV... and I think that's it. 3) Give Wes Anderson Movies Their Own Shelf-  The only movie that didn't fit in my collection was The Royal Tenenbaums... Couldn't figure out where to put it... so it might get it's own shelf. Maybe I'll get other Wes Anders...