Skip to main content

Blogmas Day 19- Top 5- Bottom 5 Christmas Songs

So I thought this would be kind of a fun one to do. The best and worst of Christmas songs! Here we go! No real order here! Some of them will have a singer... some won't! Also... there are probably a lot I'm forgetting... this is kind of just what I'm feeling right now.

Top 5 

1) Last Christmas by Wham! I feel like everyone forgets how talented George Michael is because he's been involved in a few scandals... but he is damn talented! This song is really good! I love it! Sort of one of the Cheesier Christmas songs... but I really really like it!

2) Santa Baby by Eartha Kit- It's hard to get better than Eartha Kitt's Santa Baby. Her voice is so perfect. It's a funny Christmas song, but its also sexy and its just a really really good song. There aren't many versions of Santa Baby that I don't like either... I'm not crazy about Madonna's version... but I still think the song is so good it's pretty okay! I really like the song!

3) Silver and Gold by Burl Ives- This one gives me goosebumps sometimes. It's such a nice Christmas song. I love when it comes on and I'm looking at decorations... it's just a really really good one!

4) You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch- I always have the biggest smile whenever this song comes on! It makes me giggle... puts me in the Christmas Spirit... and I just really like it a lot. Definitely a favorite of mine... possibly my favorite on the list.

5) Christmas Don't Be Late by The Chipmunks- This one also always puts a smile on my face. It is so cute. I love the Chipmunks... this is one that I don't think makes much sense sung by people that are not chipmunks... which is a similar issue I have to my #1 song on the bottom...but yeah.



Bottom 5 

1) I Want a Hippopotomous for Christmas by LeAnn Rhimes- I don't understand this version of the song... it isn't as cute as when a kid sings it... and I'm just kind of like "really? Why this one?" It's like "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth" or "I'm Getting Nuttin for Christmas" or like I said above... the chipmunk song. It should be one reserved for little kids.

2) Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer- I always try thinking of the backstory to Christmas songs... this one in particular gets me. Part of me is like "Ohhh maybe someone they knew died around the holidays and they're trying to help people cope with loss around the holidays." Nope... they're kind of making a joke out of manslaughter... and Grandpa sounds like a real douche in this. Also don't make Santa a manslaughter-er. That's just crappy. I feel like it was more a bunch of people did a lot of cocaine and then they wrote a Christmas song to make a lot of money... that is kind of what I think happened. And it worked.

3) The Little Drummer Boy by Justin Bieber- I just feel like Justin Bieber and Christmas shouldn't go together... like ever. Especially the religious songs like this one... idk. I don't think there should be a Little Drummer Boy Remix... it seems wrong. I feel like there should be bumper stickers "Keep Bieber Out of Christmas"

4) Peppermint Winter by Owl City This is just a really bad song.  They used to play it at the store I worked at... other than the Oreo commercials and the Wreck it Ralph song... not a fan of Owl City. If they just kind of stuck with kids movies... I think they would be a fine band... but yeah. Not a big fan.

5) The Christmas Waltz- This song just always bums me out. It's something that my favorite singer could sing... and I still wouldn't like the song. It's just sad. I feel like I appreciate it more now that I kind of know how to dance the Waltz... and maybe one day I'll like it... but it sort of just bums me out!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f