Skip to main content

2016 It List

Here are all of my favorites of 2016... I bet you're going to be COMPLETELY shocked by #1... lol. Not really, It's Hamilton!

1) Hamilton- I don't remember the last time I was as into something as I am with Hamilton... especially music related. I listened to the entire soundtrack... most days of the year last year. I started liking it at the beginning of the year too... and now at the end of the year I'm still just as obsessed... if not even more obsessed because I'm actually seeing it in January... which I still can't even believe. To say I'm excited would be the biggest understatement of 2016... I'm beyond that... It's just the best. The soundtrack and the Mixtape are the best music... ever? Maybe... lol. I love it!

2) Coloring Books- I'm also surprised that I like coloring books as much as I do... I thought it was a little silly when I first heard of it... but its so relaxing and satisfying to see the end result of your coloring pages... it's just a lot of fun! I sometimes listen to Hamilton and color... its nice!

3) Disney/ Theme Park Vlogging- This has been a weird obsession since June-ish...I just like Disney parks and theme parks a lot and I haven't been in years and I probably won't be going back for years... but Vlogs make me feel like I'm there and it's just really fun! I love all things Disney and this is just been something I've been loving this year. I like being in the know of the parks even if I'm not going... it's just something I like a lot. It's fun.

4) Periscope- This is something I used to watch every day... multiple times a day and I've met a lot of friends from Periscope. I deleted the app on my phone sadly because I have no storage... I still have it on my iPad... haven't watched much lately... but this was a huge part of my year in 2016! It's a fun app, fun way to meet people with common interests... and I just really like it! I kind of want to start using it soon again. It's just a good one! I love it... I need to get back on it!

5) Betsey Johnson- I've become a huge fan of Betsey Johnson the last few months. I got one of her handbags in October I think and it was on sale... just got more for Christmas and a few Jewelry items... I just really like her style. It's quirky and feminine and fun. I have a nice bag that's big, it has a zippered pocket and 2 other pockets and it's really good. I get so many compliments on it any time I wear it... it's just really really great. I love the quality and the designs are just so great!

6) Alex and Ani- Speaking of style... I've been loving Alex and Ani soo much this year. Especially their pull string necklaces. I got a few this year and I've been wearing them a lot. I like their style. Classic, but still kind of trendy. Simple but unique. Vegan, Made in America from all recycled materials. Just a really great brand that I like a lot and I'm kind of trying to stop buying other jewelry and just use my nicer jewelry or only buying nicer jewelry... it's a start. I still like my American Eagle jewelry... but I don't think I'm going to buy it any more... just because Alex and Ani and Betsey Johnson are more my style now and I would kind of like having less of a quality product. That's one of my goals for the year... and yeah. This is just a good brand with jewelry I love!

7) Wedding- The big thing that happened this year was my Sister's Wedding... so obviously that's a favorite of the year. Probably the highlight of the year. Weddings are stressful and there's a lot of planning and stuff that goes with it, but they are so so fun... and it was just a good days... with a lot of other really good days mixed in with it. Shopping for dresses was fun, the Bridal Shower and Bachelorette parties were a lot of fun... it's just a fun time. And I'm excited that I'm going to be a Bridesmaid again for my friend with a lot of my other friends too... so that's really fun. I hope to be Katherine Heigl in 27 dresses. Lol.

8) Dancing- Ahhh yes... my dance classes. Lol. It's a fun thing to do to get out of your comfort zone... and it is incredibly awkward and makes me very nervous... but it was satisfying to see myself totally not know how to do something and then at the end of the classes feeling like "yeah, I can do this!" So that is also a really fun thing to do if you're looking for fun things to do I guess.

9) Instagram- I started a new instagram account this year... and I've had a lot of fun with it! I like taking pictures on it and connecting with other people. It's a lot of fun... and I've improved a lot with my pictures... and I just really like looking at other instagram videos too. One weird thing I've been liking recently... Slime videos. Lol. I follow DailyCrunches and they repost different videos of people playing with Slime like the Nickelodeon Slime that they used to sell... sorta like silly putty... but these are like highly stylized and kind of creative videos. Very pretty to watch... it's weird... but I like it!

10) TV Shows- There are quite a few shows I want to mention... so I'm just going to give them all a shout out. American Gothic might have been my favorite of the year... the finale is so good! This is Us, The Good Place, Stranger Things, American Horror Story was soooo good this year... Lethal Weapon I need to catch up on... I don't have the best attention span for cop shows... not going to lie. I've been liking late night shows a lot lately... and of corse The X Files. What an awesome comeback! I think that is everything worth mentioning as far as TV is concerned... but there was sooo much good stuff.

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f