Skip to main content

Tag Tuesday:25 Bookish Questions

1) Do You Get Sick While Reading in A Car?
No, I like reading on trains a lot. 

2) Which Author's Style is Unique To You And Why? 
JK Rowling. I know everyone would probably say the same thing... but everything she writes is a little different... but you can tell its the same voice. Its just very interesting to me. 

3) Harry Potter Series or Twilight Saga: Give 3 Points to Defend Your Answer! 
This shouldn't even be a question... Harry Potter hands down 1) JK Rowling didn't just create a book and characters with the Harry Potter series, she created an entire world and mythology to go along with it. 2) The characters in Harry Potter are very strong and fight for the people they love... and even for their enemies and rivals. Snape died for Harry Potter, who he resented quite deeply... in Twilight no one would die for Jacob... nor should they. 3) I don't think that books would even be that popular if it weren't for Harry Potter. If Harry Potter was never published, I don't think books would be as popular as they are now. 

4) Do you Carry a Book Bag, If So What's in it besides books? 
I did in college. Typical college stuff was in it. iPad, notebooks, I had a little thing with lotion and body spray a lot of hand sanitizers and things. Now I just throw it in a handbag I'm carrying or a tote bag or something. 

5) Do You Smell Your Books? 
When you open them up of corse you smell them. I don't sniff it or anything, but I like them! 

6) Books with or Without Little Illustrations? 
Depends on the book. I would imagine something like Hamlet would be sad if it were illustrated... but I feel like The Grapes of Wrath could benefit from a picture of a turtle every once and a while. And I love the art of Harry Potter... but I'm glad there isn't anything like that in The Hunger Games. 

7) What Book Did You Love While Reading But Discovered It Wasn't Quality Writing? 
The closest thing I have is the current book I'm reading... which I don't love but it is sort of funny. I'm reading Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates... and this is a book for bros... its not for me. Its not great quality... but I'm still going to read it and probably laugh at some parts. I'm picky with reading... so I'll know if its bad writing or not. 

8) Do You Have Any Funny Stories Involving Books From Your Childhood? Please Share! 
My mom read me "Where The Wild Things Are" one day when I was acting particularly bad. That's all I remember. 

9) What is the tiniest book on your shelf? 
Probably The Boy With The Thorn in His Side by Pete Wentz 

10) What is The Thickest Book on Your Shelf? 
The Complete Collections of Shakespeare probably. 

11) Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author? 
Duh this is a blog. Of corse I write! I do see myself writing books. 

12) When did you get into reading? 
I always loved books but I really got into reading when I started reading The Princess Diaries. 

13) What is your favorite classic book? 
This is tough... Shakespeare, Beowulf, Catcher in The Rye, Gatsby, The Color Purple... I could probably name a lot. I don't know if all of these are classics or if some of them are more modern classics. The Scarlet Letter... there are a lot! 

14) In school, what was your best subject? 
English, Spanish, History, Religion... anything other than Math and Science. 

15) If you had been given a book for a present that you read before and hated what would you do with it? 
I wouldn't take it out on the book... I would take it out on the person instead and I probably wouldn't be friends with them anymore. 

16)What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?


17) What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I schedule my blogs pretty early and a lot of times I'll write a bunch of blogs and then go into a slump and don't write anything... or I'll come up with another idea and push this idea or I'll realize "This Throwback Thursday is scheduled on Thanksgiving... I should do a Thanksgiving Throwback Thursday" type of thing. 
18) What is your favorite word?
Ronkonkomo. Also just things I like like Puppy, minion... things like those. Hahaha. 
19)Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Geek maybe? 
20) Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires in books. If its like Peter Pan or something I like Tinkerbell... but Vampires are more interesting in fantasy books. 
21) Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I kinda like them both. On Supernatural Angels... but I would rather be a shapeshifter I think. 
22)Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits maybe. Especially if you mean alcohol heyyy-ohhh. 
23.)Zombies or Vampires? Why?
I don't know! This is hard I don't really read these types of books! 
24) Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden Love doesn't really seem like a thing anymore... and thats kind of sad because it would probably be better than a love triangle. 
25) And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action Packed with some romance.

Ohhh this is where I found the tag. I don't think this person came up with the questions, but they were the first google result I liked when I looked up "book tag"

Byeee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f