Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Scream Queens Season 2

Scream Queens was my favorite show last year... so I was super excited that it was returning this year! I was also really excited that some of the same characters were back! The Chanels were all returning, Chad Radwell is coming back... there was a different killer and a different subject, but it was still the same characters and the same Murder Mystery format.

I didn't like the premiere as much as the premiere last season. It was 2 hours, there were a lot of killings and a lot of surprises and I just thought it was a really funny and great episode. This episode was also funny... it didn't have as many laughs as the Pilot and Hell Week because it wasn't as long, there weren't as many jokes packed in. Plus Nick Jonas wasn't in this episode... so it was a bit of a let down compared to last year... but I still think it's going to be an exciting season!

A lot of time was spent explaining why everyone was in a hospital now... so I didn't think that was quite as exciting... I still liked the new characters. John Stamos is in it... Taylor Lautner is in it... so I'm not really complaining there as they are both kinda hot... so I'm good with that. I liked their scenes with Chanel and Chanel #3.

I liked that Chanel was actually trying to cure the girl... but they were all still the same Chanels. Nothing really changed them while they were in the Insane Asylum... once they got out they were back to being the same Chanels.

And I liked seeing these idiots trying to be doctors and with all the medical stuff and the Chanels trying to understand it all... it was funny.

I didn't know that Kirstie Ally would be on the show at all! I thought her character was pretty cool. Same with Jerry O'connel... I just thought they made sense and they added something... which is really the same with the other new characters too. They make sense and they add to the show... which spoilers... did kill off a main character in the first episode! And I'll get to that...

I wanted to talk about Dean Munsch a little too... she's the same Dean as last season... but she seems more mysterious and sinister this season I would say. I wouldn't doubt that she's the killer... but I also think she's not going to be "The Killer" but she's "A Killer." I think it would be funny if they show her immortality again because that was a pretty funny episode last year.

I'm a little upset that it appears they've killed off Chanel #5 in the first episode... but the whole time I was watching this I was just thinking "Wow, there are wayyy too many Chanels and there aren't as many characters as last year to balance them out." So it was kind of less funny because there was just too much crazy and too much stupid going on to really focus on the jokes. It was so over the top... that I was a little relieved. I hope that she doesn't come back.

And I thought the end scene was really scary. It was obvious it was going to happen... I didn't think they would kill #5 off... but as I said, I thought it was kind of fitting... it was pretty unexpected and as I said, I was in suspense.

And the costume was kind of funny too. I was wondering what they would do this year (I've been avoiding the previews, so I didn't know if they showed it or not. ) So all in all... it wasn't my favorite premiere... I didn't love it the way I loved the first few episodes last year, but I'm glad its still on and I'm excited to see where it goes!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f