Skip to main content

Chart Chat 2/1/16

So today I'm going to do the Movies and TV Charts because I think those pertain the most to me this week... so yeah! I wanted to do this because I actually saw a movie this week! So yeah! 

TV via Nielson Top 10 for Twitter TV Ratings in the TV And Specials category 

So this was weird. A lot of the ratings were from December, but the twitter ratings were current. I guess it measures what people are talking about and watching by their hashtags and stuff like that. Idk. Idk how it works... but I watched and liked at least one of these so... why not. Btw I said top 10 thats just the list name, I'm only talking about the top 5... so yeah. 

5) Pretty Little Liars- I watched the first episode of this show because I was bored... and it was okay. I mostly liked it because everyone was super pretty. Lol. I liked the fashion of the show and otherwise it was okay. I kind of want to watch this again but it isn't really my cup of tea and I know I won't love it that much. 

4)Saturday Night Live- This was the episode on the 23rd and my mom is kicking herself for not tivoing it because it happened after Sarah Palin endorsed Donald Trump... So there were (of corse) some special guests. Tina Fey in that ridiculous Yosmetie Sam outfit... and Daryl Hammond as DT which is always funny. So I'm sure that is why it got a ton of buzz. 

3) WWE Royal Rumble- I know nothing about wrestling. Lol. Idk if this is even wrestling. Dated a guy that liked wrestling, don't judge wrestling fans... Its just not my thing. 

2) The X Files- Lovvvvveeeeeee this show. And I loved the comeback. I love Scully. I love Mulder... I've talked about loving the X Files... I feel like we're good on this topic... but I'm glad its doing well because it is really good. I was skeptical... lol I'm Scully. But after the 2nd movie... no. 

1) The Bachelor- I'm a little mad I didn't audition. Ben is kind of cute. And I feel like I'm nice, smart and pretty enough (and clearly humble LMAO) to get into the last few... but then he'll end up picking the crazier girl for ratings and then I'll get my own spin off and I can save all the crazy for that. Also I'm unemployed... and one of the girls occupation is unemployed and the Twins occupations are just "Twin." Its funny. I can see the appeal... but I also kind of think its horrible. I watched The Bachelorette for a while, but then I just couldn't do it any more. Lol. 

Movies 

5) Ride Along 2- I still need to see Ride Along! I liked what I saw of it. I saw Get Hard this weekend too and I totally trashed on it when I was doing my weekly wrap up... but honestly... I can watch it 5 more times. Kevin Hart is charming and just fun to watch. I could honestly watch it a bunch. Will Ferell too obviously... but its sadder to see him in a bad movie than Kevin Hart I think... but Kevin Hart can really make a bad movie good. And this is a pretty good movie as far as I know. So yeah. 

4) The Finest Hours- This movie I didn't hear about at all and its number 4 which is weird. I'm guessing its one of those Church movies. Like a movie about religion or God where you can book lots of seats at a time so a lot of random movies make it to the tops of the charts. Not sure. This doesn't seem like it would be a bad... this is an action movie with Chris Pine. So I think maybe its a combo of him being hot and maybe churches are seeing it? Doesn't look like its necessarily a religious movie,but I could see it working for that. Idk. Lol this just seems like a random one to be so high in the charts and thats usually what happens. Ohhh I think I remember hearing about this its about a Coast Guard rescue mission and Casey Affleck is in it... and i think it got decent reviews if I'm not mistaken. I remember hearing the Casey Affleck movie wasn't bad or something. Not sure. Whatever this seems weird to be beating Ride Along 2... but it is January and really ANYTHING can happen in January Box offices. 

3) Star Wars: The Force Awakens- I saw this movie this week! My review will be up tomorrow on it but I really liked it. My review is Spoiler free. I'm guessing I didn't count in this Box Office because I saw it Sunday Morning... but this is totally worth the hype and being this high in the charts for so long. It was a great and fun movie. I love it! 

2) The Revenant- I'm happy this is number 2 this week because I have a good joke for #1. I'm sure this is going to win all the oscars... but I'm never going to see it. I'm sure its amazing and stuff... but its a hard one to watch and not my cup of tea. I just said I could watch the movie Get Hard 5 times and I'm not even going to give this one watch or even ponder what that might be like... so thats my movie expertise... but I feel like I'm the every woman. Movies like this you just can't watch many times. I could watch the movie Glitter like every day... but I won't watch this. Lol. 

1) Kung Fu Panda 3- Yes that is right! Leonardo Dicaprio, once again brutally attacked by a bear... but this bear is the adorable... if not slightly annoying... Po. I really liked Kung Fu Panda. Never saw Kung Fu Panda 2. I probably won't see this one either. I'm 24... so yeah. Plus now its just a nuisance. I got a fortune cookie and my fortune was just Po telling me to eat noodles and see Kung Fu Panda 3... and thats annoying! Lol. So yeah... lol. 

Anyway... thats it! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f