Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Top 10 Favorite TV Shows Of All Time So Far

So... this is an incredibly tough list to make because I watch a ton of tv... but here are my favorites. Comedies, dramas... everything. And my requirements are that it has to have been on for at least a season for me to really judge... so keep that in mind. By next season... I think Crazy Ex Girlfriend Will Be on The list. Also I started writing this a long time ago... and I finished the last one later... so yeah.

1) Arrested Development- This is always going to be a favorite of mine. This is what really got me into tv in the first place and it made me like comedy... and made me want to write... so this is a big deal for me. This is the most brilliant comedy on TV and I don't think anything could ever beat it... although I'm sure some of the shows I'm going to mention come close!

2) Breaking Bad- Breaking Bad is kind of tied with Arrested Development for me... but I'm always going to like Arrested Development more. This show was just so well thought out and suspenseful and you really rooted for all the characters even though they were all horrible people. You rooted for Walter and the good guys and you wanted all the bad guys to die... and it was just a really great show. I feel like I could rewatch this show like 30 times and it'll still be absolutely amazing.

3) Parks and Recreation- Parks and Rec is one of those shows I always liked... but it kind of took a while for it to become one of my all time favorite shows. Watching the first season... yeah its funny, but there's better stuff out there. The second season I wasn't in love with when it first aired, but when I got the DVDs I rewatched it and it was amazing. And then from Season 3 on it was just my favorite show. And now it's ended and I don't like comedies nearly as much... which is sad. This is just a great show. I definitely recommend it. Start with Season 2 or 3 though and then go back to season 1 if you need to. It's pretty great.

4) 30 Rock- I'm kind of having a hard time choosing between this and my number 5 pick... I'm trying to do these in some sort of order... but Idk how it'll work. I loved 30 Rock though. I thought the pilot and the whole first season were really funny and there are a few episodes I think are misses... but mostly it was just an amazing show that was really funny and just 100% great through and through. I think sometimes they over-did it with the guest stars a little bit and they got a little silly with that... but I really did like most of the guests and I thought it was really funny and over the top and just great.

5) American Horror Story- This is the first show on here that is currently airing... and it kind of took me a little bit to be like "wow is this my favorite show on tv right now." And I really think that it is. I'm re-watching every season currently... which I think I'm going to keep up with and blog any connections I find or anything... but I just think this show is always super interesting and just a really really fun one to watch. And it has its misses... it has entire seasons of misses, and nothing is quite as good as Season 1... but genuinely even in all the terrible episodes and the "wtf is going on" this is just a really fun show to watch and a great show for any horror fan. Plus the acting in it is incredible. They just do such a great job with everything, I absolutely love it.

6) Friends- Of corse Friends is on the list! How could it not be! I've seen every episode of this show... about 100 times probably. Not really. What always happens is I watch this like every day whenever its on in repeats and I get really into it and I get kind of obsessed, and then I can't watch it for like another year or 2, and then the cycle will continue... So I probably haven't seen any episodes of this show in the past few years, but it is a really fun and funny show that you can just watch a random episode of and then get hooked on it or not watch it again for a few years or something. It's a really good and funny show.

7) Unbreakable Kimmy Schmiddt- I've watched every episode of this show like 3 times at least. I think its really good. Its just easy to watch in the background or to watch with friends or if you don't have anything else to watch... its a really good show and its definitely one of my favorites. I've got my friends hooked and they all like it.

8)Community- Brilliant show. Really written clever, funny characters its unfortunate that its cancelled now, I really hope they make a movie... I'm going to need to start watching Rick and Morty at some point to get my fix... but this is definitely one of my favorite shows ever. I haven't seen the yahoo season yet really... what I've seen was good, but I was missing Donald Glover and Yvette Nicole Brown and their presence was really needed.

9) Flight of the Conchords- This is kind of like Friends. I've seen this show sooo many times when it was on that I can't watch it that often now... but when I do watch it I laugh just as much as I did when it was originally on and I like it just as much. Its a really good show and there's always something I didn't like when it was on but I appreciate more now. I didn't really like the episode with Jim Gaffigan when that came on, but now I find it really funny. Its a funny show. Really good.

10) The X Files- I was going to include Scream Queens as the last one... but after giving it a little more thought... I couldn't leave the X Files out of this. The X Files had some truly terrible episodes... but most of the episodes were really great, and I don't think there is anything quite like it. Dana Scully may be one of my favorite characters on TV... and the more I watch it the more I like her. Its kind of a big feminist show and I just feel like she's very strong and very real. And I loved that they were able to change the tone of the show. Sometimes it was very serious and very dramatic and sometimes it was very funny and lighthearted. One episode that sort of comes to mind is not a particularly amazing episode... I think there was a girl that was abducted (years earlier, she was found and helping Mulder and Scully because she was connected to this other girl... its a hard one to explain.) and then another girl was abducted by the same man and Mulder really wanted to save the girl and he was crying and Scully said "no she's dead, Mulder, give up." And Mulder was really emotional and crying and then she came back to life but the other girl died... it was just sad. And that wasn't one of the best episodes, but it showed so much about Mulder and how he feels for these girls because his sister was abducted by aliens... it was just really sad. And Scully always relates to old men and is sympathetic to them because of her father... just very well done. I think they really got things right with these characters.

And the fact that it was able to pick up and have a new season 15 years after the original series ended and still be good. Its just great. I loved the new series and thought the original was great too.

Hope you guys enjoyed this list! Byeee!
Byeee!
-Shannon





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f