Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up 2.7.16

Favorites 

Star Wars: The Force Awakens- Just saw this movie this week finally! Its a good movie. I'm glad I waited to see it cause the hype had died down... but it was still there and I think I ended up enjoying it even more. I'm really excited for the other movies coming out too... it was really good. I had one thing spoiled... but it wasn't the biggest twist or plot point of the movie... so I'm okay with that!

Snapchat Discover- So I go more into this... but I decided to follow the snapchat story of the Iowa Caucus... and then I watched a nail art one and then I started watching Men's Fashion Week... its interesting. I like sort of being in the know about things... and I thought this is a fun way to just see what all different people are snapping at important events. I think its kinda cool!

Tiny Packets of Cereal- So I like cereal... but its rare that I'll eat a whole box... so usually I love it at first, get tired of it and then just stop eating it. I like the variety packets that General Mills and Kellogs have so that you can have one serving of a bunch of different cereals. I like the ones that come with the Cocoa Crispies and the Sugar Pops because I think those are Kellogs and I prefer their cereals... but the General Mills ones come in pouches... so they're a little easier. When I saw Star Wars with my parents we snuck a few of those in because the movie was at 11:50... so we'd miss lunch and we didn't want to get popcorn or anything... so don't tell the movie people but we snuck some in and it was pretty perfect.

Highlights 
Sunday I saw Star Wars. Which was awesome if you couldn't tell by what I already said about it.

I went to Target and Starbucks a few times... that was fun. I also went to TJ Maxx and CVS... also fun.

Friday I went out to dinner... maybe I should just get rid of the "highlights" part if I don't do anything super interesting. Lol. It made sense when I started it cause I saw something rotten... but yeah. Lol.


TV Highlights 
X Files...may have been my favorite ever. Darrin Morgan is the best writer and I just thought it was fun to see Scully and Mulder meet the were-monster. And there were lots of twists, turns and things only X Files People will understand. There are a few stoners that are in every Darrin Morgan Episode, they show up here. There's mention of Scully's deceased dog Quequeg, who ate its owner and is always running off. A nod to Scully being immortal. Kumail Nanjianni... Rhys Darby... btw Rhys Darby and David Duchovney were AMAZING together. There's also always a very anti- Mulder attitude. A lot of questions, no answers... and its just a fun playful episode. I love when dramas are able to do that. It was awesome seeing it again in this manner.

Also a nice tribute to Kim Manners, a director of the X Files that passed away. He directed a few of Darrin's episodes I think... I'm pretty sure he directed Clyde Bruckman... but they had a headstone for him and Mulder stole flowers from another grave and put it on his. It was touching.

This is not TV related... but there were a few interesting snapchat "discoveries" I watched. One was the Nail Art one... some of it was absolutely insane and awesome. There was someone that did like a whole pirate ship and pirate on the nails... it was more art than nails... it was amazing.

And I watched the Snap Story from the Iowa Caucus. This was really cool. I don't typically watch a lot of political things because usually there is a bias... and I like being informed... but I don't like getting headaches. And there are issues I really care about that I would want to change if I were president... but I wouldn't be able to... and the thought of even the most powerful person in the country not being able to do something is a little disheartening. Idk. Anyway back to the Caucus... I thought seeing it through peoples snaps was very interesting. And its interesting to see who people are supporting. It was mostly younger people... there were a lot of Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton and O'Mally. There were also some Cruz and Rubios. People were snapping Donald Trump. There was one girl who was crying when O'Mally dropped out of the race and that was really sad to me. I'm sure she spent a lot of time and money rallying for this guy and he couldn't make it. I just felt for that girl. Someone showed their ballot voting for Carly Furina. Bernie Sanders and his wife were on and they both seemed nice. None of these are influencing whether I will vote for someone or not... at this point I'm probably voting for an independent person... but it was fun to see and I learned some stuff. So that was good.

Fresh Off The Boat was good this week. The Muppets was interesting. They're kind of re-vamping the show... idk still if I'm that in love with it.

The OJ Simpson Show was on... I have a review on that... but I liked it a lot.

I watched some of the second part of Madoff and the behind the real life special... and it was okay. Richard Dryfuss was really good... but he said something in an interview that I thought was a little insensitive to the victims of the Bernie Madoff scam... and it wasn't just me that thought that... so I don't think I was being overly sensitive about it... but in the behind the scenes special he seemed more concerned for the people... so thats good. And I feel bad for his daughter in law and his wife because... what happened to the family was terrible... and it was just out of his selfishness. And they totally had no idea... it just makes me mad. So...that is that.

I'm not really a fan of Dr. Ken... but nothing else is on so I usually watch it and this week Danny Pudi and Joel McHale were on it! Dr. Ken isn't totally a bad show... I can see the writers of it are pretty good and the cast is all very funny... its just a little bit of a cookie cutter show. Like they had the characters worked out and the jokes all planned out and then just thought "hey. Lets just put those in this show." So... yeah. Its not terrible... but it is on a Friday... so keep that in mind.

News 
Harley Quinn Smith, daughter of director Kevin Smith was in the news for a couple of things recently. One really nice and one really scary. The nice thing was that she was in a video where she was in tears when her dad gave her "a totem" which was Harley Quinn's bat from Suicide Squad. She was named after the comic book character and loves it as much as her dad... and that was really nice.

In other news... she was almost kidnapped! She was picked up by a fake uber driver and was a little bit suspicious... but it looked to be legitimate because they had the uber logo on their front door... they didn't have the app on their phone, so she was suspicious and called the police right then. Kevin Smith sent her a cake saying "Sorry Men Suck" to help re-instore her faith in humanity. I gotta say I gained a lot of respect for Kevin Smith in the last couple days!

People are suing McDonalds over their sucky mozzarella-less sticks. When I saw Mozzarella Sticks at McDonalds... I thought it was too good to be true... and it was. They weren't terrible, they were good enough that I ordered them a second time... but they ultimately left a terrible taste in my mouth that would not go away easily... so it ended up being one of the worst things I've ever eaten... and I wouldn't recommend them at all. Save your dollar or 2... they're terrible. And if they don't even have mozzarella in them... that's even worse! I'm guessing these are going to be pulled off the menu soon.

Sephora showed pictures of their newest and cutest collection ever... the Minnie Mouse collection... its unfair how cute it is. I need it! And I totally don't... but I need it!

Not news but the word Superbowl is actually trademarked... so when you hear some talk shows or commercials saying the words "The Big Game" that is why! Never knew!

And thats about it! Hope you guys liked this or found it cool or whatever. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f