Skip to main content

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Crossover Theories- Rey's Parents (Some Spoilers)

There may be some spoilers in here for Star Wars and some other Disney Movies maybe... so just keep that in mind.

Everyone is making their guesses as to who Rey's parents are... and while I kind of think it seems pretty obvious its Luke Skywalker... I'm going to venture outside of the Star Wars Universe and into the Disney/ Marvel Universe because Rey reminded me of some other Disney Characters and I thought it would be cool if maybe her parents were someone else. Obviously, this isn't cannon... and its not as good as whatever they have planned in the Star Wars Universe... but I thought "hey this is cool anyway." So... yeah. Also... these aren't necessarily parents, but relatives. Star Wars took place a long time ago... so keep that in mind. Lol.



Boo from Monster's Inc 
So for some reason, in the beginning when Rey puts her helmet on when she's just sitting down for no real reason... she does it in kind of a child-like manner that makes me think of Boo from Monster's Inc. Sure Boo is a little girl that isn't from Rey's Galaxy... but in the Pixar Theory there is speculation that Boo is actually the witch from Brave traveling through space and time by using the doors. She could have gotten into the Star Wars Universe from a door... although I guess their doors could be a little different. She could have settled down with a Jedi and had Rey and then they left because she had to find Sully to save him from Randall... who has taken over the Scaring business that Sully started and made it a really scary scaring business. I kind of like this theory. I feel like Boo grew up to be someone like Rey... and I hope she did.

Ariel and Eric 
Rey's little house was filled with gizmos and whats-its and thingamabobs... it would make sense that her mom and dad are Ariel and Eric. She also seems like she could be royalty to me and is maybe disguising her important status. It also explains that she knows how to pilot the ship because I'm sure Ariel and Eric knew how to captain a boat and probably taught her how to also.

Aladdin and Jasmine 
I feel like there are lots of similarities between Rey and Aladdin. She's sort of a "street rat" for the Star Wars universe. She doesn't really steal anything I don't think... maybe she did I don't really remember... but she sort of lives like Aladdin and the trading post man kind of reminds me of the Guards that chased Aladdin. It also does seem like she's royalty but she needs to hide, like how BB-8 has a secret but he needs to hide. I feel like there are similarities there. Also Aladdin with the Magic Carpet, Rey with the Millennium Falcon... not too different.

Starlord's Dad 
Her story reminded me a lot of Starlord from Guardians  of The Galaxy... Guardians kind of reminds me of Star Wars... so thats probably mostly why... but also the way that Starlord was just kind of taken away from his mom and Earth reminds me of the way Rey reacts to her parents leaving in the spaceship during the flashback scene. And it sort of makes sense we don't really know anything about Starlord's dad and we don't know anything about Rey's parents... so I think that works.

The Incredible Hulk 
I just think that'd be cool. No real connection.

A Villain 
Rey seems to be afraid of her powers when she first discovers that she's a Jedi... and I think she can feel the Force Awakening... but doesn't necessarily want it to awaken. That makes me think maybe she had a Dad like Luke also and doesn't want to end up like Vader. I'm not quite sure what Disney Villain it would be exactly... I'm going to say Hades... I like Hades and he was a more funny villain... but I think he can be scary too... and really Hades is the scariest.

So yeah... those are my picks for who could possibly be Rey's parents... not for real from the Star Wars Universe... but from the big Disney Universe. One thing I was thinking for Star Wars Universe was Darth Maul. The way she was fighting with whoever was trying to capture BB-8 at the beginning of the movie reminded me of the double-ended lightsaber Darth Maul had. I'm sure this isn't right because no one really liked The Phantom Menace and I'm sure everyone is just trying to forget it exists... but I think if there was one kind of cool thing about the Phantom Menace it would be Darth Maul. He was a scary dude. I also liked the racers... more than the racers I liked the playstation game with the racers... I was pretty good. I think my sister and dad were maybe letting me win... but I think I did okay.

I guess that would fit in with the villain theory too... hmm. Usually the most subtle clues are the right ones... but I don't think that is it.

My mom was like "well maybe Queen Amidala is her mom and Luke is her dad" and I said "No Queen Amidala is Luke's Mom." Then she said "Well maybe Leia was with Luke also" and I said "no they're brother and sister." Lol. So... there's that.

Byeee! Let me know who you think her parents are or what disney characters or Marvel characters you would speculate.
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f