Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up 2.28.16

Hello everyone! Happy Oscars, hope you are enjoying the red carpet and stuff... On with the Weekly Wrap Up

Favorites 

Crazy Ex- Girlfriend- I love this show. I've been behind since The X Files came on... and I hadn't seen the Christmas Episode... but I caught up a little bit this week and its just such a great show. Its really a good show.

Jane The Virgin- I watched this after I finished Crazy Ex Girlfriend... and its just as good. I wasn't thinking the second season was as good... but it got really good. I was team Raphael for a little while... but I'm back to team Michael. I feel bad though because I don't think Raphael will love anyone as much as he loves Jane... so thats kind of sad.

The Kingsmen- So I was only half watching... some of this movie... but holy sh*t it was amazing! Its very violent... but I don't think it was violent in a bad way... they did it kind of strategically comical so it didn't totally appear as violent as it was. It was really clever and funny. I don't really want to spoil anything... but I need to talk about one scene specifically... so... yeah.

This Scene  is my favorite... because it is a really clever way of showing an extreme amount of violence in a super comical way that isn't gross or graphic. There are lots of bloody scenes in this movie... but I think its great that they didn't overdo it and this little montage might be my favorite of all time... up there with another similar clever montage from Goodfellas... which is a little more violent and sad... but also brilliant. And it was parodied amazingly on Community . Lol.

Highlights
Sunday we had people over for our friends birthday party.

Monday I went to the fancy mall and that was great. Although, I didn't get the thing I went there for, which was a phone case to match my phone... but they didn't have it. Which is fine... but you know. A little annoying.

Tuesday it was raining like crazy. I caught up on Crazy Ex Girlfriend and discovered the show Tenchi Muyo online... I've been wanting to re-watch this show for a while and I found it and its pretty good. I'm happy with it.

Wednesday I went to Target and Starbucks. I got the original Star Wars Trilogy on Blu Ray... so I will be reviewing them on May 4th... lol. So keep patient.

Thursday I had lunch at a new restaurant and that was good... and Friday I went to a retirement lunch for my aunt.

Saturday I went out to eat and then to a Bar for my dad's weight loss competition... which he did really well in.

Noteworthy Food 
I tried Chicken Canneloni this week... its a giant ravioli and it is amazing. Lol. It had Vodka Sauce over it... amazing. And it came with Garlic Bread which was awesome too!

And I had Vodka Sauce at the retirement party too... penne vodka and it was good!

I don't remember if I mentioned this last week... but dove has Milk Chocolate Cream eggs... these are like their Truffle Eggs they used to have... amazing. Totally recommend if you love chocolate.


News
Hayley Williams of Paramore and Chad Gilbert from New Found Glory got married this weekend in a private ceremony in Nashville. Congrats to the happy couple.

Taylor Swift donated $250,000 to Kesha following her court case. It was a very nice gesture, very classy of Taylor. Kesha's mom was very appreciative of it... so that is all nice and good. It did sort of cause a feud between her and Demi Lovato... Demi said that you should actually talk about the issue instead of just giving money to people... Demi has since apologized saying that she was a little hot-headed about the issue and then she shared a graphic showing how many women are raped vs how many women speak out about it. Which is very true. I think there are more than one way to do the right thing... and what Taylor did and what Demi did sort of spoke volumes. Taylor has a massive following and she tends to lead by example than words... and Demi leads more by words I think... Idk I don't follow them. Neither way is wrong, and its great that there is so much support for Kesha amongst other female musicians... its nice. If you want to see Demi's tweet about it... here it is.

And she's gotten several people wanting to do records with her for free... so Kesha has not been silenced by her abuser. She feels very grateful for all the support and it is terrible that this happened to her... but its inspirational how many people are willing to help her and that is an awesome thing. Dr. Luke may actually be silenced from this... which would be fair. I hope people start getting out of their contracts with him, and I hope he gets fired. He deserves to be fired. I guess they can't prove anything... but I don't think she's lying. So yeah.

The Murder House from American Horror Story was available to rent on Airb&b last weekend... which was super cool... but it was taken down under mysterious circumstances... which isn't really that mysterious, but you know.

Chrissy Teigan released her cookbook this week and opened up about choosing to have a girl while she was going to IVF because she wanted it for John. She says they want to have a boy too... but she wanted John to be able to be a dad to a baby girl because he deserved that relationship and that love. So sweet. Gotta be honest, I always thought the sort of "designer baby" thing was a little weird... but who am I to say what's weird. Its a couples choice and I want to have daughters or a daughter also.

In Hamilton News, cause you know how much I love Hamilton... An Artist put Lin Manuel Miranda's face and the Puerto Rican Flag on the $10 bill! Which is really cool! I'm such a fan of his in general, that I'm happy he's also being recognized as the $10 founding father of hip hop musicals. Lol.


World Events 
The Daytona 500 was this week. Idk if anyone is into that. My dad watches it. I saw one as a kid... and it was loud and scary I didn't like it very much... but yeah. Thats exciting to watch.

The Winter Youth Olympics ended on Sunday... I didn't even know this was a thing until I saw it on the Snapchat Discover. Its like the Olympics but with younger people and I don't know if they have as many events. Thats pretty cool though. There were 71 nations in this years games. Pretty exciting stuff. The USA actually won the Hockey game against canada and got the gold metal... so that is cool.

London Fashion Week was this week also. They seem more into bolder colors than the US fashion week. Lots of glitter.

The Nevada Caucus was this week for the Republican voters. Trump ended up winning. Rubio was in second and then Ted Cruz. And the Democratic Caucus was in South Carolina and Hillary Clinton one and Sanders congratulated her... classy of him!

The Brit Awards were this week in England. These are like the Grammy's I guess, but in England. Adele was there, Beibz was there, John Bay or whoever Bay was there. Lots of people were there.

In Florida there was some sort of cooking competition or some cooking thing this weekend. Michael Symon, Rachel Ray, Guy Fierri and Giada Delarentis were all there. So that was cool. The Snap Story just called it "chefs take Miami." There was a lot of meat and also a pie thing. There was Apple Pie cotton Candy with fillings in it... so cool.

In the New York Snap Story someone showed an INSANE line for Foot Locker to get the new Jordan's! I had no idea those were still such a big deal! There was also the Pokemon 20th Anniversary which had a march of the Pikachu's.

And some more winter sporting events. Idk what it was... it looked cool on the snap story though.

Thoughts 
I wanted to sort of do a little thoughts section here just of some things I've been thinking through the week... what I've learned and that sort of thing...

And my #1 thing right now is Don't Judge People. Everyone has a different belief system and a different reasoning for why they are the way they are. I think this was partially from watching Crazy Ex Girlfriend... partially from looking on Facebook and seeing people I genuinely like say some things I don't agree with, and I think its okay. Everyone is the person that they are with their beliefs for a reason... and if we could just accept that and move on that'd be greattttt!

I'm not okay with people hating on other people. I saw 4 videos about cyber bullying this week... one was a response to the Dear Fat People 2 video... and I consider Nicole Arbour a cyber bully that does stupid unfunny stuff in the name of comedy... and she's aware she'll get a lot of views and make a little bit more money for this... so yeah. She knows what she's doing... and I'm not really going to judge her for that.

So if you're perpetuating hate into the world... I guess I judge you a little... but as long as people are respectful with their opinions and aren't nasty to anyone... I'm fine. I might be mildly annoyed... but I'm fine.

If someone tells me they love Star Trek... I'm not going to say "Yeah but Star Wars is better because of this this and this and you're stupid for liking Star Trek." I'll say "Cool. You do you, bro!" Note I've never seen Star Trek really... but I don't think I'd like it as much as Star Wars... and its my right to that... lol.


Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f