Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up: Valentines Day Edition

So this weeks wrap up is on V-Day... so why not just call it a Valentines Edition and call it a day.

Favorites
Starbucks Molten Chocolate Latte- You need this in your life. I think today might be the last day to get these... so get them! I know this is kinda late in the day... but find an open Starbucks after your Valentine's Day date and get this! Its yummy.

Reading Magazines- I've mentioned on my reading list that I had a few magazines I wanted to read... but this week I feel like I've been liking reading in general... but magazines especially. I'm subscribed to a few because I ordered something online and they started sending me a few for free... and right now I just kind of like reading them cover to cover because I like learning different things. I feel like its more interesting if I just read anything regardless of whether or not I'm really interested in it because I'll learn something new and different. I like being forced out of my comfort zone. I also like that on snapchat you can read parts of magazine articles. You just click on the discover part and then you click whatever thing you want to read like Wall Street Journal and then you slide down for the articles.

Chocolate Cherry M&Ms- Thank goodness these exist! These are fantastic. I love chocolate cherry anything. These don't honestly taste that much like cherry... but they are good! Very subtle bit of cherry! Its really yummy though.

Writing in a journal- So I just kind of started writing in a journal. I wrote one thing about how I was feeling that day and 2 sort of poems about how I was feeling and some thoughts I was having... and I feel a lot better. I'd share the poems... but I don't particularly think they're good and they are personal... I feel a lot better after writing them actually. What was bothering me then isn't even bothering me anymore.

Special K Nourish Cereal- I've been liking the coconut version of this cereal... just tried it today... but it is delicious! I had to mention it already because this is something I highly recommend it tastes like dessert, but its a healthy breakfast. Its really nice.


News Highlights 
The Broncos one the Super Bowl! Peyton Manning is the oldest QB to ever win a Super Bowl or be in a Super Bowl and now it seems like they're just waiting to sell him to the glue factory. Its sad hearing everyone ask "So are you gonna retire. Is this your last game? Are you going out on a high note?" And its weird. All he's told us is to drink Budweiser.

Bobby Carnivale and Rose Byrne will be celebrating Valentines Day with their new Baby! The couple welcomed their first baby boy into the world this weekend... I think this weekend. They are a gorgeous couple and they're both really talented... so I'm very happy for them!

Alanis Morissette is pregnant with her second child. She announced in a strange way that I don't really feel like looking up that much.

World Events 
The Superbowl happened this Sunday in the United States... but other countries had different exciting celebrations this week!

In China the Lunar New Year was celebrated. This year is the Year of the Monkey, there are 12 different animals used to represent the different years. The Rat, Ram or sheep (forgive me! I forget which one) and the Monkey are among them. Some traditions of Lunar New Year are the dancing dragon featured in most parades, usually performed by 2 acrobatic dancers. The foods that they eat are also symbols of wealth and good fortune (long noodles was one that I noted.) and red envelopes filled with money are also given to children for Wealth and Good Fortune. Happy New Year! Its cool how the customs in American traditions are somewhat similar also. I thought that was cool.

In Brazil Carnival is celebrated. Carnival is a celebration of Feast before fasting. Lent begins soon, so Carnival is starting now in a similar fashion to Mardi Gras in the US.

There were also the New Hampshire Primaries, which is an important deciding factor into who's going to be the next president. Christie dropped out of the race as did Carly Fuirina (sp? If you know who I'm talking about you get it if not... doesn't matter really Donald Trump called her ugly so she's out of the race now.Lol.) Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump were the winners of that. Runner up for the republicans is Kaesig who they didn't even announce during the New Hampshire debate... so thats a thing too. Not commenting on the politics... just announcing whats happening. Lol.

Weekly Highlights
I feel like I wasn't having a good week on Monday... and throughout the rest of the week I was kicked when I was down... but at the end of the week I was happy. I felt okay about everything, idk why but reading magazines and writing and following the news kind of helped... even though I'm a little terrified... but yeah. I went shopping on Wednesday and Thursday and that was fun. I found new jeans I liked... which I guess should also be a favorite huh? I'll mention them in the It List. Lol. Also I had a lot of Starbucks. And I ate pizza so it was good. The Super Bowl party was fun too.

TV Highlights 
The Superbowl was on this week. Not a fan of sports or football... but I watch it anyway cause its tradition. The commercials are funny... but they weren't that good this year. I was going to do a review on it... today actually but I'm not sure if I'm going to or not... Idk if I have that much more to say about it... but its kind of important so I guess? If you want to check that out, I did write it here.

American Crime Story this week was good... Cuba is great... I didn't love the episode because I don't love car chases... but it was good.

The Wednesday comedies were funny. I didn't see Blackish or Modern Family... but the others were good.

TGIT was back this week. Grey's Anatomy was amazing. Directed by  Denzel Washington it told a very real story and a very different side of Meredith and everyone else in the hospital. Scandal I didn't pay much attention to... my tv was funny when that was on.

And that is everything!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f