Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Shannon Watches Friends Ross and Rachel Episodes

So before the Superbowl, TBS had a marathon of some of the friends episodes, more specifically the Ross and Rachel themed ones. So I didn't totally watch every episode that carefully... but trust me I know pretty much every line of every episode of Friends... so I didn't really feel like I had to. And this seemed like a good thing to post around Valentines Day.

The One With The Prom Video 
Great episode to start with. I think when they did their countdown of favorite friends episodes, this was #1. This was the first episode where Ross and Rachel get together. Monica and Ross's parents visit and give them an old video of Monica and Rachel going to the prom. Rachel wasn't going to go because her date stood her up, and Monica didn't want to go if Rachel wasn't going. Ross wanted to go with Rachel and for his sister to have a good time... so he got all dressed up in a suit and he was ready to go... and then Rachel's date showed up and Ross didn't go. Rachel thought that was a great thing that Ross did and she never knew about it so she got up and kissed him. This also has one of the most romantic lines ever from Phoebe "She's his Lobster." Which I'm pretty sure I want engraved on my engagement ring. Lol.

The One Where Ross and Rachel... You Know 
Another great episode! Ross and Rachel's first date starts a little awkward but ends up being very romantic at the Museum and they do it in a Museum! This is also the first time we see Richard, Monica's big love interest before Chandler. I always forget how close those 2 story lines are... and I really like it. I like Richard, I thought he and Monica were good together... but obviously she belongs with Chandler. So this episode was really good for that alone.

The One Where Ross and Rachel Take A Break 
It was hard to watch this episode right after watching Ross and Rachel get together... but this is an episode that is good all together other than the Ross and Rachel stuff... which most of these episodes were. I liked Joey and Chandler's storyline about their date with the Copy Shop Girl and how weird it would be if they had a threesome. I also thought... this was a little shocking to see ross like this... but if you understand Ross's jealousy to Mark... you would understand he thought Rachel was sleeping with Mark so he slept with Chloe. Doesn't make it better... but its understandable. And its sad cause Ross was trying to be sweet and Romantic and he wanted to spend his anniversary with his girlfriend... and Rachel wasn't wrong to be annoyed either because she does finally have a serious job that she loves and she's happy with and Ross was making it difficult... and its just an age-specific problem. Ross isn't mature enough to accept Rachel's new job not being as easy as when she was at the coffee house. And its hard to have a boyfriend and a new job... so its Ross's fault... but if they were real people I wish they could have stuck it out and stayed together.

The One The Morning After 
I love the way Friends shows fights. This was very real, but it was also very funny. I love that the rest of the Friends were stuck in Monica's room. It was just really real and really funny. This might be one of the better episodes of television in my opinion. I just really like it.

The One With The Jellyfish 
This episode was so funny. The season 3 finale was really good, this season premiere was good and the season finale for season 4 was good. Ross and Rachel get back together for the episode. He breaks up with Phoebe's bald friend (Rachel convinced her to shave her head again.) and gets back together with Rachel who writes a very long letter about how it was his fault for their break up and he accepts all responsibility and admits he's wrong. And he agreed without having read the whole letter... and he was happy being back with Rachel... but didn't think he was wrong, so he argued with her at the end and they broke up again... so that was bad... but still. It was a good episode. Monica needed someone to pee on her because she got stung by a jellyfish. It was funny.

The One With Ross's Wedding 
This is a good episode. I didn't watch the full thing... but this is where Chandler and Monica get together. Joey is homesick. Rachel goes to London to ruin the wedding. Phoebe is pregnant. My favorite part that I saw aside from all of the happenings was that Emily's parents tried to get Ross's parents to pay for them remodeling their house. I also liked how the one lady called Phoebe rude on the phone and hung up and then Emily's mom was really interested in her and then she got super bored. She was funny. And then at the end... I missed this part but Ross says Rachel instead of Emily when he gets married... and its funny! And suspenseful.

The One With Joey's Porsche 
Idk if I missed an episode of the marathon or if it was just this and then I came back at the end of this where Ross and Rachel find out that they need to get divorced instead of annulled because Rachel made jokes instead of taking it seriously. Joey pretended to have a Porsche and idk what was happening with Monica and Chandler... but something was going on. Lol.

The One With Monica's Thunder 
This episode was funny to me. Idk if its cause my sister's almost getting married or something but this was good. Ross and Rachel were getting back together. Monica was upset that Rachel tried to steal her thunder, Joey was trying to look 19, Phoebe was trying to play at Monica and Chandler's wedding... and Chandler couldn't get it up... so it was all good. Lol.

The One With the Red Sweater 
This is funny.I love that Ross and Tag have the same sweater. I think the exchange between them at the end is really funny... I don't think they show it in syndication... but its one of my favorite Ross moments because he's just so clueless. And I liked Rachel's pregnancy. Originally it was going to be the student that Ross dated that got pregnant and then it was going to turn out not to be Ross's baby... so I'm glad they went with Rachel getting pregnant instead. They thought that seemed like a wasted story and I agree. Plus the "checking out of the hotel room" part was funny.


The One With the Videotape
This was the last one I watched during that marathon... and I didn't see it till the end... but this is one of my favorites. I just think its funny. Everything about it is really funny and its probably one of my favorite episodes ever... so I liked it a lot.

Ranking 

The One With The Videotape- Just the funniest. Really great episode.

The One the Morning After-  The fight was really real and I thought they did a great balance of funny and serious.

The One Where Ross and Rachel Take a Break- Another great one. Out of context, it seems out of character for ross... but it makes sense to me and I just like the episode overall.

The One With The Prom Video- Just a fun episode. Good flashback... and this was the first flashback too, which was cool.

The One With Monica's Thunder- This one isn't really the best. There were a lot of weird episodes in Season 7 where everyone is doing their own thing in their own story... which I don't like quite as much, but this one came together pretty nicely.

The One With The Red Sweater- I forgot how much I liked this one until I saw it again. It was really good.

The One Where Ross and Rachel... You Know- This was good because it also brought together Monica and Richard, so there were 2 pretty important couples.

The One With Ross's Wedding- Super funny. I love that Chandler and Monica get together... its just really good. Funny episode overall.

The One With The Jellyfish- I don't know how I feel about the Phoebe storyline because I think the "her mother killed herself" was better and just made more sense and made the show a little different and a little better and I thought this lightened it up a little more than I thought it should have... but it wasn't bad overall... it was a little silly.

The One With Joey's Porsche- Maybe its because I didn't see the whole episode... but the parts I saw were a little dumb and immature. Still funny... but not the funniest.

So that was it! Let me know if you guys like friends and your favorite Ross/Rachel episodes. There are other important ones too... but I thought this would be good! I always have fun watching Friends and my mom, sister, and grandfather were enjoying it to. Whenever I put it on it seems like people just have fun watching it, even though its old.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f