Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up! 10/11/15

So this is an exciting Weekly Wrap up because it is my last full week as a 23 year old! I turn 24 on Friday and I am excited! So lets go!

Favorites 
American Horror Story: Hotel- So I did a review on this and I'm not totally sure how I feel about it just because I have no idea what's going on still... but its still sort of a favorite of the week because it just is. I'll always watch American Horror Story... I don't really care if its good or bad or scary or funny... its just a fun show to watch and even though a lot of shows have similar formats and stuff... there's nothing else on tv quite like it. So that I'll always like.

Cheetos Bag o' Bones- Best cheesy Halloween treat ever! I like the consistency of it with the White Cheddar. It just tastes so good and delicious and its fun to play with cause you can connect the bones together and make your own skeleton. Yes... I'm a child. I just like it a lot!

Grant Ward from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D- I gotta say he is definitely one of the most interesting and layered television characters ever. I'm on Season 2 now in the episodes where he's sort of confronting his past and stuff like that... and damn. He's like the most drastically different character from the first few episodes. It seemed like he was going to be your regular run of the mill hero that didn't really do too much... but now he's gone from the hero to (spoilers) the bad guy... and I'm sure he'll go back and forth in between throughout the series. It would have been really easy to make him the lovable hero, but I love that they gave him such depth and a really great backstory.

What I watched 

Apparently I stopped watching Gotham at the wrong time... There was a big twist about the joker and there were spoilers everywhere online... and I'm just like really? I try so hard and then someone just goes and spoils it. So I'm gonna have to start on that again... lol. Haven't yet, just felt like mentioning it.

I've still been watching Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Supernatural. I'm kind of trying to finish watching Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D first because those seasons are currently on and there are fewer episodes of them than Supernatural. I'm kind of more hooked on Supernatural though... so thats a bit of an issue. I also want to watch some of what I missed of Gotham and I want to start The Flash... and I need to see Daredevil before Jessica Jones... so its a lot.

I watched the end of The Big Bang Theory... which it seems like I always catch the end of, no matter how many times I say I don't like the show... I haven't been watching Gotham and not much is on Monday Nights... so thats an issue.

The Muppets was really good this week. Scream Queens was great this week and I think it will be great the next few weeks. My sister texted me saying "I want to celebrate Chanel-o-ween. Which is just too funny. I loved it.

The Last Man on Earth I caught up on! Loved the Cameo from Will Ferrell... but he died so... yeah. Love this show. I also watched Blindspot and Quantico which I have reviewed here if you would like to see it.

The Mindy Project I watched! Still love this show.

I watched the Wednesday Night Lineup from ABC. First time I got to see The Middle and The Goldbergs! Those were great. And American Horror Story Hotel  which was awesome. I have a review of that right here and I was a little more harsh on it in the review. I went on the "look back" thing on Facebook and apparently this time last year, I didn't understand Freak Show very much either, but I did really like the Freak Show season... plus I read a Ryan Murphy interview... and he's brilliant. I wrote this whole thing about how great all his shows are and how much better they're getting... but I deleted it cause it was wayy too long! Lol he's great though. Bottom Line was he puts his name on some awesome shows and he's created some really cool and bizarre worlds that I love. Cool dude.

TGIT! All of it was amazing. Grey's was really good. Scandal was great. How To Get Away With Murder is my favorite and that was really good. I love it!

I watched some of the new comedies, which I have reviewed. The Grinder and Grandfathered were both really good. Life In Pieces wasn't bad but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Shark Tank... kind of only half watched it... but it was good! I've heard of Foot Cardigan before!

And last but not least I finally saw Bill Murray in St. Vincent and I loved it!!! One of the best movies I've seen in a while. It was a little bit long, but still a great movie, great actors and I just loved it! Highly recommend checking it out, Naomi Watts did an amazing job playing a Lady of The Evening. Lol. Everyone was good.

Highlights 
So I didn't mention Saturday there was a hurricane coming, and it was just kind of stopping... the rain and stuff I mean, so I went out with my friends and we ate at one restaurant and went to dessert at Applebee's cause I thought it'd take too long to get dessert at the one place. Lol. And that was fun. We just talked, caught up, ate food... it was good. I was supposed to go to a craft show, but it got cancelled because of the rain :(

Sunday I went with my parents to lunch at the place they ate at the night before... but I had wanted pizza all week and made them go again... which wasn't hard to do because its their favorite place too. Lol.

Monday I did some shopping, and I dressed like Felicity Smoak from Arrow, which I thought was a lot of fun. I'm doing something for October where I post a look every Wednesday showing a Pink makeup look and a pink outfit for Breast Cancer Support and to raise awareness. This year I'm trying to do looks based off of characters... so that's been a challenge. I was really happy with the Felicity look though. It was fun dressing up as her for the day.

Tuesday... I don't think I did anything... Wednesday I went to Wall Mart and Starbucks. Thursday I went to the mall... which you'll see what I got there in my random haul. Friday I didn't do anything... and Saturday I went to the mall again cause I had to exchange something!

Today I'm going to a 5k that both my sister and my friend are running in, so that should be cool.

Random Haul 

So I got a couple of Halloween Decorations from AC Moore. I got a book that says Spooky on it, that was really cute. I have it near Mulder and Dean Winchester on my bookshelf.

And I got a spell book, which is special because it looks like Book from Hocus Pocus and it lights up! So that is on my desk next to Harry Potter of corse!

I also  got some minion blind bag figures from Wall Mart. I got another Bob... which is my 3rd one and a fro minion that I have already. I also got another Cro Minion or Au Natural Minion... not quite sure which and a Kevin! So that was good.

Also from Wall Mart my mom got me some Halloween Solar powered dancer thing guys... bobble head types of things. And she got me a witch and a cat and I think they look really cute. They don't dance a lot in my room though cause there isn't a lot of sun... but still. They're good.

And I went to Hot Topic because I had a $10 off $40 coupon... so of corse I got more pops! All pretty new characters too.

First I got the New York Comic Con Exclusive Jack and Vampire Teddy. This is my first 2 for one pop and I think its adorable. The teddy is pretty big. I'm not sure if Jack glows in the dark... but it looks like he might... and it just looks really cool. Together they look cool and I like it. Both have a good paint job and great detail. I love The Nightmare Before Christmas and I just thought this was cool. So I got it!

Next I got Captain Hook from Once Upon A Time. This was one of my favorite shows and now I kind of go back and forth watching it... but the pop series of them look really good and well made and Hook is probably my favorite character, and a really well made pop... so I wanted to get him. His hook is really shiny too. His paint job is really good too, there's a little weird spot under his beard, and some minor paint flaws around his hair line... but he's a handsome pop! Lol he does look a little like the actor that plays him... and I like that actor so this is good! Lol.

Next is Hermione. She's actually the last one that I picked up... I mean I have another after this but this is an exciting pop that I want to go more into detail with... so I'm mentioning Hermione first. I was debating getting The Iron Throne from Game Of Thrones... but ultimately decided not to because I don't really watch Game of Thrones lol. Anyway Hermione is one of my favorite Harry Potter Characters... she's probably like my 2nd or 3rd favorite after Serius Black ... who they don't make. I really like the detail on her, I think they did a great job with the Harry Potter series and I'm going to collect more of them. The only thing I don't like is that she isn't holding anything! Harry, Ron, Snape and even Voldemort have their wands. How does Hermione not have a wand? Lol. Or if she came with crookshanks that would be cute or something a little extra. I still like her  though of corse! And I just really like the Harry Potter Series!

Last but not least is Effie Trinket from The Hunger Games! She is an awesome pop! And all the other Hunger Games figures are really good too! They had Peeta and President Snow in the store... and you would think Peeta is such a basic pop that he wouldn't be worth getting, but he actually really looked like the actor that played him! I thought he looked really good. Effie in Pop form is just too cute though. She looks just like the character, she is all pink and she has really cute shoes and shoulder pads... and I just thought she looked really awesome and I was like "I NEED HER!" Lol. And I didn't see any Katniss ones... but I'm going to have to hunt those down. They have 4 Katniss figures on the box here and they all look awesome. I hope they expand this line a little too! They need Gale and Finnick and the guy with the beard... but so far this looks like a good line and I really love this pop. I love The Hunger Games books... and I didn't even see the last movie, but I like them a lot too and I'm sad its almost over!

Her toenails are even painted pink! Her fingernails too! I can't even with this pop! She is tiny and she does come with a stand by the way if anyone was wondering. I didn't realize she came with a stand, but then I saw it in her little insert thing!

Now I want to hunt down some more. I kind of want Fish Moony from Gotham, I still need Scully, I kind of want a Sally (from Nightmare before Christmas) and I kind of want to complete the Inside Out set... I'd love to see Rumplestillskin. I'm not a huge fan of The Rocky Horror Picture Show... but I kind of want Magenta and Columbia because they're my favorite characters... and there are some more supernatural ones I wouldn't mind owning! Lol. And Harry Potter! Lol... And I'm definitely going to get some of the American Horror Story Hotel ones when they come out... even if they aren't that cool. Lol. There's a lot... this is kind of a problem. I kind of want more super hero ones too... lol. This is a big problem! Lol.

I also got a shakey solar powered Frankenstein from Dollar Tree, and that was cool and cute!


Hope you guys had a fun week! Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f