Skip to main content

Woman Crush Wednesday: Felicity Smoak

I needed to do this. I did a post called "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" On my other blog, and I chose Felicity as my first inspiration... because duh... and I'm going to do a Woman Crush Wednesday on her to. I think I'm going to keep this up for October and do a WCW and an On Wednesdays  We Wear Pink together... so that it'll be like feminist awesomeness. I started On Wednesdays We Wear Pink last October as a way to raise awareness and support for Breast Cancer... and I kind of want to coincide something inspirational about women in with that too because it's inspirational. I feel like October should be a second Women's History Month or something because its good to know about inspirational women while supporting a cause that is for inspirational women. You know? Okay, so that is that and Onto the Post!

Also I'm only done with Season 1 right now... so this is going to be very Season 1 specific. Lol. 

1) She didn't hesitate to help Oliver- Even before Felicity knew Oliver was The Hood, she didn't hesitate to help him look stuff up. She kind of knew that he was lying about the reasons why he was looking them up... and I think she was a little skeptical about him... but ultimately she trusted him and she helped him.

2) She's a good person that just wants to help people- This kind of goes along with the previous statement. She wasn't that hesitant to help Oliver... but she wasn't fully on board to help The Hood... or at least she wouldn't have been had it not been for Walter's kidnapping. Felicity just wanted to help find Walter because he was nice to her. That's it, all she wanted was to help the hood because the people that he was helping were good people. She didn't really want to be involved with the body count or anything like that... but she wanted to help people and she understood what Oliver was doing. She was quick to join him because she knew that he was a good person that was just helping people, and the City.

3) She changed Oliver- After Felicity joined, Oliver didn't really want to kill as many people. In the first episode of Season 2, he didn't kill anyone... and part of that is because Felicity thought he might have had some other options. Felicity mentioned that she didn't really care about the body count in that episode... but she changed him. He'll still totally kill someone if he has too... but he kind of knows his heroism isn't just about that. He always knew it was more than just vengeance, but she kind of changed him to be more than the vigilante. He's an actual hero partially because of her.

4) She's a female hacker- How many female hackers are on tv? Okay maybe a lot... I think Supernatural, CSI Cyber, and Scorpion I think all have them (again not sure... but I think so) ... alright. fair enough... but still I don't totally think there are many and Felicity Smoak is probably the best and its a pretty powerful thing.

5) She doesn't hide how she really feels- Part of Felicity's awkward, quirky charm is that she never really lies to anyone. She always tells Oliver he's hot and that she likes watching him work out and she just always tells the truth. It seems like she's thinking ahead of when she's talking... but either way, she does it her way and thats pretty cool.

Alrighty that is it. Stay tuned later, on my Beauty Blog I have hair, Makeup and Outfit inspired by Felicity and I may link that here after its posted... we'll see!

Byeeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...