Skip to main content

Woman Crush Wednesday: Felicity Smoak

I needed to do this. I did a post called "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" On my other blog, and I chose Felicity as my first inspiration... because duh... and I'm going to do a Woman Crush Wednesday on her to. I think I'm going to keep this up for October and do a WCW and an On Wednesdays  We Wear Pink together... so that it'll be like feminist awesomeness. I started On Wednesdays We Wear Pink last October as a way to raise awareness and support for Breast Cancer... and I kind of want to coincide something inspirational about women in with that too because it's inspirational. I feel like October should be a second Women's History Month or something because its good to know about inspirational women while supporting a cause that is for inspirational women. You know? Okay, so that is that and Onto the Post!

Also I'm only done with Season 1 right now... so this is going to be very Season 1 specific. Lol. 

1) She didn't hesitate to help Oliver- Even before Felicity knew Oliver was The Hood, she didn't hesitate to help him look stuff up. She kind of knew that he was lying about the reasons why he was looking them up... and I think she was a little skeptical about him... but ultimately she trusted him and she helped him.

2) She's a good person that just wants to help people- This kind of goes along with the previous statement. She wasn't that hesitant to help Oliver... but she wasn't fully on board to help The Hood... or at least she wouldn't have been had it not been for Walter's kidnapping. Felicity just wanted to help find Walter because he was nice to her. That's it, all she wanted was to help the hood because the people that he was helping were good people. She didn't really want to be involved with the body count or anything like that... but she wanted to help people and she understood what Oliver was doing. She was quick to join him because she knew that he was a good person that was just helping people, and the City.

3) She changed Oliver- After Felicity joined, Oliver didn't really want to kill as many people. In the first episode of Season 2, he didn't kill anyone... and part of that is because Felicity thought he might have had some other options. Felicity mentioned that she didn't really care about the body count in that episode... but she changed him. He'll still totally kill someone if he has too... but he kind of knows his heroism isn't just about that. He always knew it was more than just vengeance, but she kind of changed him to be more than the vigilante. He's an actual hero partially because of her.

4) She's a female hacker- How many female hackers are on tv? Okay maybe a lot... I think Supernatural, CSI Cyber, and Scorpion I think all have them (again not sure... but I think so) ... alright. fair enough... but still I don't totally think there are many and Felicity Smoak is probably the best and its a pretty powerful thing.

5) She doesn't hide how she really feels- Part of Felicity's awkward, quirky charm is that she never really lies to anyone. She always tells Oliver he's hot and that she likes watching him work out and she just always tells the truth. It seems like she's thinking ahead of when she's talking... but either way, she does it her way and thats pretty cool.

Alrighty that is it. Stay tuned later, on my Beauty Blog I have hair, Makeup and Outfit inspired by Felicity and I may link that here after its posted... we'll see!

Byeeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f