Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Supernatural Season 3

So fun Fact: Season 3 of Supernatural was a little shorter, as were all the seasons of the shows this particular year because of the Writer's Strike. So I'm just doing this in one big part and then I'll probably comment on when the big hiatus is. I'm excited that there's a Christmas episode... seems like it might be a fun season!

The Magnificent Seven 
I thought this was a cool concept. I didn't know thats what Se7ven was about until Dean said "what's in the box... but I liked seeing how Supernatural took a spin on it anyway. And I thought it was cool how he was describing everyone as what they were. Dean obviously lust and I think he said gluttony also. Sam is pride and was fighting pride. It was really cool. I liked Dean's reactions to everything... it was just good.

The Kids are Alright 
So shocked that kid wasn't Dean's! That kid was Dean! Lol, I thought this would be a little funnier than it was... and it wasn't funny at all really. So far I'm loving how Sam and Dean are reacting to Dean's limited timeline. I think its genuine and really funny. This may end up being my favorite season for that. I also just love the new characters that are joining... I just thought this was scary and it was a great episode and you can see Dean being a dad and it made sense.

I couldn't get over how creepy that little girl was! "Mommy! I love you Mommy! You're my favorite person Mommy." So weird!

Bad Day at Black Rock 
This one made me laugh. The characters were so typical Sam and Dean in this one too. I didn't love it as much as I loved the first 2 episodes of the season... but I did really like it. The music sounded different in this one too... it was kind of bad. I liked that there was a more serious end to it and mostly serious parts, but overwhelmingly a funny plot. I wish Bobby had been in it a little bit, I like him. But still. Good to have his voice on the phone.

Sin City 
I just liked this one. I liked the demons, I thought they were good actors. I love Katie Cassidy as Ruby, I think she's awesome on Arrow and I like seeing her playing the opposite of Laurel here. I like the angels and demons sort of thing going on... its a little weird though... But I love that they aren't really specific, but its there.  Really creepy and suspenseful... and The Colt is really cool so I was happy to see that back. I was disappointed when it went away cause its like "ohhh yeah, here's the coolest weapon ever on any tv show... lets just not have it show up again until the end of the season." So yeah. I liked it.

Bedtime Stories
This is the worst episode! Except the last few minutes where Sam confronts the demon... it was just too ridiculous. It was terrible. Fairy tale stuff aside... What doctor leaves his daughter in a coma for that long? How much bleach did she drink that in all those years they haven't found anything that could have cured her? The doctor knew that she drank bleach, but wasn't at all suspicious that someone poisoned her? I get that he was in denial that it was his wife... but really? He didn't think it was anything suspicious... Also his wife lived a long time after that and was totally normal?

And this was just lazily written. Sam just happened to guess that someone was putting people into a trance... which btw was completely wrong and had nothing to do with the plot? Was that supposed to be the twist? They could have done a better twist and found out it was the doctor instead of his wife... that seemed really lost to me. It was predictable... there were too many parts where Sam just totally guessed out of left field what was happening and was totally right most of the time... and it was just wayyy too convenient. This was written a little before the Writer's Strike... I'm sure writers were really frustrated that they were being taken advantage of and stuff like that by internet streaming services at the time... and I can understand not really wanting to put your heart and soul into something that wasn't really going to do you any good or give you what you deserve... this was pretty terrible though. It wasn't boring, it was still watchable and pay-attention to able... but it was bad.

Red Sky at Morning 
I liked this one a lot! I like Bella and I just thought it was a good episode. I like when they have things about boats and I liked the party. I think the whole ghost ship thing was cool... Plus this had one of my favorite Dean moments so far! When Bella says he looks nice and that they should have angry sex and then he doesn't know what to say but then says "Don't objectify me" but still walks away looking like he's hot sh*t! That was funny. I really loved that part.

Fresh Blood 
This one was exciting! Can't believe Sam took down Gordon. The plot on Netflix is so vague on this one... which I really like sometimes they're misleading but sometimes they're too informed and give spoilers. This just said Sam and Dean track down a vampire named Lucy that doesn't know how she became a vampire... Lucy is barely in the episode... so that was a bit misleading, but still a good episode. The end was so cute with Dean showing Sam how to fix the Impala. I was just wondering if Dean was planning to give it to Sam... it was sweet. I think this also has the highest body count according to IMDB... which is slightly off on some episodes... but this one it said 7 dead people.

Also when Gordon was shackled he referred to the vampires as "people" and he said it sarcastically as if in air quotes... of corse he was tied up, couldn't really use air quotes... but the subtitles on netflix still showed it as "people" in quotes. Interesting.

A Very Supernatural Christmas 
This one was really scary and also very heart filled and just good. This I believe was the last one before the Writer's Strike Hiatus so this was what people watched and then didn't see the show for a while... and really who knew if it would ever come back. I remember thinking The Big Bang Theory would probably get cancelled after the Writer's Strike because it was a new sitcom and I didn't think anyone loved it at first... and now look at that. Show will never be cancelled! Anyway this was really a beautifully shot episode too. I think it was Kim Manners that directed this... As someone familiar with his work on this show and The X Files... this really is one of the most beautiful episodes. I loved the shot at the end with Sam and Dean at Christmas. I loved the shot where they step on the fruitcake... I loved the house and everything about this was really well made. And Kim Manners passed away a few years ago... but he really is a fantastic television director. His episodes are better than some movies... and it never breaks the world and the sort of Ugliness of the situations in the shows. It just shows a beautiful version of them and I think he really was one of the greats with that. Especially in this episode. I just liked it.

Malleus Maleficarum 
One of my favorites so far. Maybe my favorite... I loved that we got to know more about Ruby. The witch story was good enough but then the twist that it was a demon... that was awesome. Its sad knowing that Ruby can't even help Dean... I could definitely see this being really upsetting for people watching the show while it was on because it did seem like Dean would die and go to hell. Great episode... lots of twists and good ones too. Not anything I was expecting. Really thought this was great.

Dream a Little Dream Of Me 
Another really great one. I liked the end where Bella was just there for the Colt... that was scary. I liked the dream control thingy. It was just cool. Really great episode.

Mystery Spot 
I was wondering when they'd have a groundhog day episode! This was really good, we got to see The Trickster again and we saw more of the dark side of Sam. It was both really funny and really scary and dark and serious. The end was really dark, but it was just really good in general. I liked it a lot.

Jus in Bello 
Liked this one a lot... very exciting... tons of twists. It might be another favorite for me. Lillith is really scaring me. She's a good villain and I really thought they do a good job of making her extra creepy and really just good.

Ghostfacers 
Another funny one! In this we see the team from Hell House come back only this time they're doing a tv show called Ghostfacers. There is some meta stuff about the writers strike... it was very much like The Office but with the paranormal... The Office was everyone's favorite comedy when this was on so it makes sense that they have a parody of it. I was a little bored at first... didn't love the case... didn't think they did a great job with the "office" type of style and I didn't like Sam and Dean not being there... but all in all good episode, good twists and really it was creepy... so I liked it.

Long Distance Call 
This one was good. I really wanted it to be John calling, I really did. The writing on this one wasn't the best... but they're trying to wrap up something really big when they didn't really have the time to... so it makes sense that its a little off. I always think ideas where the ghost uses technology are really cool... but they never quite work how they should. Its just a little off. Not bad but... like its a little bit of lazy writing that they just told Sam what it was and he knew. I guess there were a lot of twists... didn't quite work for me though. It wasn't a bad episode, it was just slightly rushed I think.

Time is On My Side 
Okay, now we know the deal with Bela. Her parents were bad, she made a deal with Lillith and now Lillith is sending her hell hounds out for her. This one was really gross and creepy. That shot of Sam's eyes was so creepy! This was a really good one all around. The Dr. Frankenstein stuff, the stuff with Dean and with Bela... it was all just really good. One of my favorites of the series. Really cool one.

No Rest for The Wicked 
Lots of twists... great cliffhanger... wow. Still not as good as the first season finale, but Lillith may be my favorite villain so far. She was so creepy when she was in that little girl, I was happy she got out and the girl went back to somewhat normal... although not that normal with the parents knowing what they know... Really great episode I'm excited for the next season... also a little sad. My cousins told me the first 4 seasons were really the only good ones... and that makes me sad. The show was only supposed to be 5 seasons long, which I could see this being 5 or 6 seasons tops. The problem is The CW is a newer network and they don't have that many hit shows... I remember reading that they had a major problem with most of their shows the year The Carrie Diaries got cancelled because even then they didn't have too many hits. Arrow, The Flash, Jane The Virgin, The Originals and The Vampire Diaries have sort of helped the network stay relevant... but they still don't have the best ratings and Jane The Virgin is the only critically acclaimed show. So this will probably end this year or maybe next year just cause its been on forever... but who knows. Sam and Dean could be hunting demons into their 40s lol.

Overall really liked this season, I thought the villain was good and they did a good job even with the Writer's Strike and everything!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f