Skip to main content

Scribbles About News: End of September-October

Alrighty! So I'm picking up with the news from the end of the last time of my news post to now... the end of October... so this should be fun!

1) Is There Life on Mars?- David Bowie was right! There is life on Mars! Well... its possible for there to be life on Mars at least. They found signs of salty, liquid water in the summer months. I'm guessing theres some sort of fish type creature living there... not sure. I'm sure there's life on other planets somewhere. I mean why would we be the only planet? There are Galaxies far,far away... they probably have some form of something right? This is the closest we've found to actual proof that there could be I guess... which is cool. I kind of hope we don't find anything. I don't know if people would be nice to a martian...lol.

2) Gotham City Baby?- Star of Gotham, Ben McKenzie and his on screen and apparently off screen girlfriend Morena Baccarin are expecting a baby together... well okay actually I haven't been keeping up with Gotham that much... she might not be his girlfriend anymore on screen... but off screen they are now engaged and expecting! Didn't even know that they were dating but they did have really great on screen chemistry. Gotham is a good show, they are attractive people... I feel like its a bit soon to be engaged... but hey. They seem like they'll make it better than Kayley Cuoko and what's his name!

3) Daniel Handler pledges 1 Million Dollars to Planned Parenthood- Daniel Handler is better known as Lemony Snickett and now awesome person. In a world where people don't really respect women and most states want to defund Planned Parenthood... so that is awesome that Daniel Handler is! Its also kind of a risky move for a children's author... and thats really cool. Now I'm really excited for the new Lemony Snickett series on Netflix!

4) You can Live in Hogwarts now- Okay so if you have millions of dollars you can actually buy a luxury condo in the actual place that the Harry Potter movies used for Hogwarts... that is awesome. I really want to become a rich person now so that I can buy one lol... I was hoping for some sort of Hogwarts hotel or restaurant like The Great Hall maybe with a little show or something... This is just really cool. I want to go to there. Like right now I'm about to pack and just kind of squat. Lol.

5) Newlyweds charge family members for not showing up to their wedding- So this is something that happens every once and a while. A couple couldn't find a sitter for their child the day of the wedding and the invite said "no kids" so they didn't show up to the wedding. A little while later they were mailed a check for the cost of the food that they didn't eat. I can kind of see both sides of this. I'm Made of Honor for my sister's wedding and its expensive... it would be courteous to call the bride and groom or the vendor to inform them you can't make it before the wedding. On the other hand... that's tacky! You wouldn't expect them to pay if they had been there and had eaten it... but because they couldn't make it, they charge them... idk. I think its kind of cheap... the newlyweds should have given them some notice that "okay well we need to charge you for the food." Its also one thing if the newlyweds really couldn't afford much... but I'm assuming they could. When you sign the contract with the vendor, they give you an amount of people you can invite. And if you can't get that many people that's that. I guess the food part is another thing... but really its just a sucky thing to do. Kind of from both people... but mostly the newlyweds... Just don't be a sucky person... don't be an idiot, follow normal social protocol and everything should be fine. I don't know the couple... I can imagine a million situations where yeah the couple definitely should have charged them and a million ways why thats terrible... there's probably more to the story than just that. It was a little weird.

6) App to rate people coming out- So there is an app called Peeple coming out where you can rate your friends, enemies, exes, acquaintances... essentially its the same as the episode App Development and Condiments of Community. I expect there will be an uprising. I think this is stupid. I think most things are stupid... but you can't just rate people thats terrible. That is messed up, society is weird and its probably dangerous and hopefully won't be a thing that takes off cause I think its awful.

7) Sandra Bullock finalizes adoption of Baby Girl- This is great! Sandra Bullock has adopted another baby, this time a girl and that makes me happy! I love that so many celebrities are adopting and I'm sure Sandra will have a nice happy family. If you're looking to adopt, Nia Vardalos has a great book called Instant Mom that will help you with everything you need to know. I mean I think anyone can read it and enjoy it, but I think it'll be especially helpful for those looking to adopt... and its just a fun book. Usually in October Nia Vardalos has a special on her Facebook page or twitter where you can write her a letter and she'll personalize a copy for you for $25 (in the US)... that's how I got it last year. I think October is National Adoption Month, so there should be a lot of info this month if anyone is wondering. Just thought I'd put that out there! I know a lot of people want to but can't find info.

8) Skywalker Family Saga Continues in new Star Wars films- So we still don't know too much about The Force Awakens star wars movie... but its pretty much been suspected that someone in it will be the son or daughter of Luke or Leia to continue the Skywalker family story... It is now believed that the female lead Rey is a Skywalker. That's kind of what I thought. She looks a little like Luke and Leia or even Han Solo... I could definitely see it being her. The Funko Pop I have of her is a Hot Topic Exclusive and she's holding a similar gun to Han Solo... so that kind of made me wonder. I already really like Rey because she's the girl and I'm a girl... so yeah. Lol. I hope she's someone related... I can't wait to find out!

9) ABC Family Name Change- ABC Family is changing its name to FreeForm... What??? Its having the same shows... just with a new name. I feel like maybe they changed it because a lot of people are like "Why is Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family? Why is ABC Family showing Cruel Intentions?" Cause those aren't exactly family friendly... but I still feel like there's something for the whole family on ABC Family and on the weekends they usually do have family friendly movies and things... so idk. I feel like Free Form is a stupid name for a channel. It makes me not want to watch it honestly. Lol. I just don't like it!

10) Tom Hanks Helps Fordham Student Find ID- This is pretty awesome. Tom Hanks found the ID of a student named Lauren while walking in the park and he tweeted a picture of it saying "Hey, Lauren! I found your ID. Contact my office to pick it up." Lauren doesn't use twitter, but a professor told her that she was famous and I think she's contacted Hanks to pick it up! That's so cool! I used to lose my ID all the time and if an Oscar winner picked it up that would just be awesome. Lol.

12) John Goodman Weight Loss- John Goodman hasn't really been in the news for a while, but new pictures of him at... somewhere showed that he has lost a lot of weight! And he looks really good and healthy too! I'm happy for him. I think that's awesome. I wonder if he did it for a movie, or to get better roles, or just for himself. He looks really good though! Way to go Sully!

13) CBS Cancels Extant, but is developing a new Halle Barry Project- Fans of CBS's summer line up have a lot less to watch next summer! Under the Dome ended and now Extant has been cancelled. I never watched the show... didn't look like something I would really ever like. But fans of Halle Barry need not worry because they're coming up with something else together! So that's good. I like Halle Barry. Idk I'd like to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Supernatural again. Lol. I like him even more as Sam and Dean's dad than I do as Denny even!

14) Justin Bieber Nude Pictures Leaked- Don't you hate it when you're just chilllin on the balcony naked and then paparazzi gets pictures of your man bits? Well I don't have man bits so I don't, but Justin Bieber does have man bits... and now everyone knows that. As someone who has seen the pictures... he looks Canadian! His bum is really pale. Uhhh he has more business than I thought he would... but it didn't look like a business you would want to go to. His whole lower half was just very very pale and pastey. I hope next time he goes tanning or lies down on the beach... maybe get your lower half and legs tan too? Just do something before there are any more pictures out. Yeah... that's all I'm gonna say about that.

15) Taylor Swift Breaks up With Calvin Harris, but he got his Happy Ending- Alrighty I love this headline of mine... I'm just gonna toot this horn of mine right here. Uhhh so yeah allegedly the pair broke up after Taylor saw photos of Harris coming out of a Thai massage parlor... so really can't wait for that album to come out. It'll be wayyy better than 1985. Also Calvin Harris always gave me the creeps. Idk why he just seems like a weird guy.

16) Chrissy Teigan and John Legend expecting a baby- Chrissy Teigan just announced on Social Media that she and husband John Legend are expecting! Really happy for her, she's talked about being a mom on her new talk show and she's been trying for a while and her and Tyra felt pressured by so many people asking... which I get. Whenever I see a youtube Q&A video there are always crazy amounts of questions asking "who's your husband, when are you going to have kids, when are you getting married" and as someone who watches youtube videos... it can be annoying and its a little rude. I understand wanting to know... but stop being so nosey! If it happens it happens! Its a lot of pressure.

Anyway, really happy for the pair! Lol.

17) Jennifer Lawrence opens up about Wage Gap in Essay- Last year when the Sony Hack happened it revealed a lot of information. One was about the wage gap apparently, Jennifer Lawrence found out she wasn't making as much money as some of the male actors... which is really upsetting. She's probably one of the highest paid actresses, and she still isn't making what she should be making. Its a sad thing affecting everyone and it really shows how gender roles should change... and they haven't! I guess because Men are thought of the providers and they're supposed to make more money... but that doesn't make sense. Pay us what we deserve. We shouldn't make any less money just because of our sex, gender or whatever.

18) Adele Releases New Song- I have yet to listen to this yet... but its definitely news worthy. Adele apologized that 25 took her so long... but she was obviously very busy. She had a baby, I think she got married and she won a bunch of Grammy's and maybe an Oscar? Idk if she won for Skyfall, but I liked Skyfall and it should win something. Lol. Plus 25 is a tough age I'm sure... 24 is so far at least with growing up and quarter life crisis things. Combine that with a bunch of grammy's and a baby... thats confusing. Maybe I'll review this song... idk. I sort of want to do lyric breakdowns on songs, but Idk the copyright issues with them... maybe I'll take the good parts of the song and break those down. That sounds like fun... I'll probably do that soon.


Hope everyone had a fun month and is having a happy Halloween!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f