Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Quantico, Limitless,Blindspot, Dr. Ken

I feel like this is one of the better years for TV as a whole... and thats pretty awesome. The Muppets, Scream Queens... Supergirl is coming up... and these shows which I'm about to review for you right now!

Quantico 

Alright I was like half watching this when it first came on... and I liked it... didn't think it was anything too special. I thought this was going to be what How To Get Away With Murder was last year... and I don't think its as initially gripping as that was but it has potential.

Forget everything I just said... this show is brilliant. Everything is suspicious. Everyone is a suspect and all the characters are just really interesting and fun. It is a show you'll have to watch 2 or 3 times... but I think it's going to have a great payoff. 3 people died in the first episode... that's an exciting thing. The part I missed was everything good about the show apparently. I'm pumped for this one. This is the show to watch now I think!

Dr. Ken 
So I thought this looked awful... but I actually think it got good reviews so I decided to watch it... I didn't like it. I just didn't laugh even once while it was on. I love Ken Jeong, I think he's really funny. The Concept is pretty good... I just don't think it works. It was very basic. The jokes were really predictable and it just feels like a show I've already seen 1,000 times before. It might just be a personal preference thing, if you watch it you might think its really funny... but I just didn't love it. I didn't like Cristella very much either... but I have to say I like Cristella a little bit more. So thats kind of saying a lot when you're watching a show and thinking "Wow Cristela was better than this" its not a great sign. No offense to Ken Jeong or Cristela Alonzo... but Its not really for me and I just don't think I'll be watching it again.

Limitless 
Limitless is a really fun show with good actors and fun characters... the only problem is that the whole concept of the show kind of has what, in my opinion is one of the worst things you can do in television which is to over-explain things. Not a fan of that... but I'll watch the pilot again and let you know what I think... I'm kind of writing the first part of these reviews with the little bit I've seen and then going back and doing a slightly more detailed review after... Except Dr. Ken, I saw the full thing once and that was enough.

Okay I kind of half watched it. It got better towards the end, they weren't really over explaining everything and I just really liked the characters and I think they're fun enough to carry the show anyway. This might not be something I watch every week... but its such a fun show I don't really want to stop watching it. It's good to have on in the background while doing something else, but its also just good in general. It's pretty fun. Better than Dr. Ken lol.

Blindspot 

I actually don't have anything I watch on NBC anymore... so this one is a little harder for me to remember to tune into just cause the only shows I really like from them are their Late Night Shows... and even that I kind of want to watch Colbert and Cordin at some point... Side note: I love James Cordin. I'm sure I've talked about this before but I think he's adorable. Into the Woods just kind of made me have this huge crush on him. Anyway back to Blindspot, this seems like its a well thought out show. At the Gym this week I saw them applying the tattoos to the actress and there was so much detail it just really looked like a beautiful show. And I think this will be interesting to watch just because it looks like all the money is on the screen you know? Sometimes having a big budget just makes a TV show exciting and when you actually can tell what they spent the budget on is all onscreen... thats a good sign. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D has spoiled me that way... lol.

Alright so I liked this one! I didn't love the pilot, but I think it has potential and I'm pretty hooked. Why didn't I love the pilot.

Weller: Jane, you can't come with us. You have to stay here.
Jane: But Weller, I need to help people. I'm super useful.
Weller: No, you need to stay in the car.
Jane: Dude, I know Chinese. You don't know it, you may not be able to understand these people.
Weller: No, You Can't help us! Just wait outside!!!!
Jane: Dude I'm a super good fighter. Did you not just see that? I think I can handle this guy.

That happened 3 times. Its so clear that Jane is going to be helpful and yet Weller is like "nah, you're not cool enough to join us." Really dude? I think it wasn't necessary to have 3 long scenes explaining this.

There's a lot going on, a lot we don't know... but they did give us a lot to kind of piece things together too. I think they did just the right amount of "Idk what the hell is happening" and "Okay maybe this leads to this and then this happens." It was interesting. And yeah, the fact that it had a bigger budget I think made it a little more exciting to watch and just a good one to see. The tattoos are well done. The acting is okay... there are a lot of cheesy moments... but those are just basic human interactions and its very real. Especially since she is just learning how to live basically. She seems like she's just learning. Its an interesting and good show. I'm looking forward to watching more.

So that is everything. 3 really good dramas and one pretty blah comedy... lol. Good year for TV I think! Best in years!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f