Skip to main content

Chart Chat- 10/12/15

Alrighty here we go! Top 5 on iTunes!

6) What Do You Mean by Justin Bieber- Alright one of the top songs is a remix version of one of the other songs... and that's boring so I'm going with the top 6 today! And I hate this song! I know people are like "ohh my gosh its so good. Justin Bieber is back and this song is good." No. Justin Bieber is unfortunately bad and this is the worst thing they could do to the radio. Also he has nude pictures online... which I don't recommend looking at. His butt is super super pale! Lol.

5) Stitches by Shawn Mendes- I like this song. I think I'm too old to like it though. This Sean Mendes is like the new One D. My friend thought it was Austin Mahone and I was like "ohh I'm to old to know him really" and somehow this guy is even younger and hotter than Austin Mahone and I'm also older than when he was popular... so I'm probably definitely to old for this song... but its still catchy, fun and I like it!

4) Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift- I like this one. This was one of the top 5 last time I did Chart Chat I think and its good. Its good, its catchy and cute. For all of Taylor Swift's songs, this is like "the sexy one" if there is a sexy one... which really there isn't but still. I think this is it.

3) The Hills by The Weekend- I don't like The Weekend's new songs... I don't really like any of their songs actually. I think they're way overrated, especially this one and the other popular one this summer... This was on the last chart too and Surprise! This is the one with the remix! So its on the chart twice!

2) The Hills Remix by  The Weekend ft. Eminem- Okay so I still don't like this song... but Eminem's rap in the middle is damn good! I'm not a big rap fan... but I can do Eminem and that was actually really really good! Listen to the Preview on iTunes cause it has his part in full and that was pretty good.

1) Hotline Bling by Drake- I know this was on the chart last time I did this... but I feel like I like it a little more listening to it this time then I did than. I still think all Drake's songs sound the same and I don't think its particularly a good song... but this isn't terrible. After hearing Justin Bieber is back... you start to question all other songs on the radio because they sound a lot better.

Movies 

6) The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials- So since I did the top 6 for iTunes I thought might as well do it for movies... and low and behold, its a movie that I hated. I have a full review on it here but basically it strayed from the books and it was far too violent for a Children's movie. It really encourages gun violence for children and we don't need that today. There have been a lot of shootings since I wrote that review too and someone has to do something about it. Hollywood shouldn't make movies that are this violent for children, thats one way to stop it. The Media  can stop talking about the shooters, that would also help. And stricter gun laws. So... yeah. There are things that can help... but nothing has because no one is taking action against it.

5) Sicario- I think I heard of a movie Emily Blunt is on... I have no idea what its about. Its something to do with FBI Agents to investigate Drugs. I don't know. Not my type of movie... but its still doing well at the box office, this is its 4th week. Not bad. There might just be nothing else out really.

4) The Intern- I keep making fun of this movie... I'm never going to stop making fun of this movie. This was on the charts last time I did charts. I kind of want to see it. I really hate movies where there are older guys that go to a bar and they see a younger girl and the girl is immediately like "Ohh you're really old that's so hot. " And then he's like "Yeah I'm old. You're super young. This is awesome" And its just... odd, creepy, not funny. It happens too often. This might not do that... but I'm a little over the showing differences between old people and young people. And I don't think its that original... they've done this before and frankly, its kind of a bummer that Robert DeNiro plays the old man. Robert DeNiro is great in comedies, Anne Hathaway is great in comedies and action movies... I liked her as Catwoman... but I still don't think they have any business begin in a movie together. Its a little sad.

3) Pan- I want to see this movie... but I'm bummed that its not doing that well at the Box Office. I think people are kind of over the modern day retelling of fairy tales... I think people are like "ohh this looks good but also kind of weird." And it might be a little weird that its an action movie... I hope this movie doesn't have kids with guns. With Swords or Cannons its a whole different story... I think thats really the problem. Anyway I want to see this movie, This cost 150 million to make (estimated from IMDB.) And in the opening weekend it only grossed over 15 million... thats a bad sign. It'll probably make the money back worldwide... but still opening weekend. I'm going to compare that to  Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland from 2015...

Okay So Alice in Wonderland was an estimated 200 million budget and opening weekend in the US it made over 116 million in the US and as of July 2nd the year it was released it made over 330 million in the US. Plus it made a bunch of money in England, Russia and other countries too... so that makes more sense. That's what the people behind Pan were likely expecting. So... this might be the last of these types of movies. Keep in mind, October isn't a big movie month... so this isn't what people are looking to see. It isn't quite a family movie, it isn't quite an action movie, its not a date night movie... I can see people not seeing it.

2) Hotel Transylvania 2- This is still doing really well! This is its 3rd week at the box office and its still doing really well. This was in the charts last time I did this... I think it was the top of the charts, I think they said it was the most popular september release! That's pretty cool. I can see families really liking this and seeing it again and again. Or seeing it once when it comes out and then again closer to Halloween. I can see this as a Birthday Party Movie. This seems to be a good one. I need to watch Hotel Transylvania again because I didn't love it. I'm into Monster's and everything too... its kind of a lot.

1) The Martian- This is still doing very well and it looks like a really great and well done movie. I want to see this one. I kind of want to read the book... but I really want to see the movie when its out... so idk about that lol. This looks like its a great story that they turned into a really well made movie and that's pretty awesome!

So that is it! Hope you all are having a good week. Let me know if you've seen any of these movies and what you think. I think I might do this next week too because I want to see how Goosebumps does. I'm excited for that movie and kind of want to see it on my birthday. Not going to lie. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f