Skip to main content

Woman Crush Wednesday: Piper Chapman (spoilers)

In Honor of OITNB Season 2 coming out on Netflix, I thought I would do a WCW on the shows main character: Piper Chapman.

1) She really does make the best of bad situations- No matter what Piper does, and how much trouble she gets into, she always seems to make the best of the bad situation. When she goes to prison she says it'll be great that she'll get ripped. When she goes to the Shu, a few times, she does what she can to not go completely crazy. Even when Larry and Polly get together, she handles it quite well. She knows what she's doing, in this season she's kind of figured prison out and she gets it.

2) Even though she's kind of selfish... she does care greatly about the people she cares about always- Piper is pretty selfish, I think its safe to say she does focus on her own problems... even when Polly is getting married she complains about her own problems with Alex. But even with Larry and Polly's affair and Alex betraying her so many times, she still cares about them. She calls and has Alex arrested because she wants to protect her. She doesn't get all that mad about Larry's affair because she knows he needs her or someone to love. I think out of all the prisoners she really really cares the most.

3) She's independent- I don't think she's totally a "lone wolf" like she says, but I think she's a pretty fierce independent woman. I mean she loses everything at the end of Season 1 and I think she handles that in a way better than most. It's inspiring to see that she really can be so independent and find a way to manage while she has lost everything. Plus pretty much everyone hates her when she gets out of prison for a few days and she stands up for herself. She feels bad that she got out while other people who lost their parent's couldn't, but she still loves her Nana and stands up for herself.

4) She doesn't judge, she accepts the prisoners for who they are- She doesn't know Lorna's story about stalking Christopher or stealing money or anything, but I don't think she would think any differently of her. She knows Lorna as the first person that was nice to her in prison, the person that helped her survive it and wouldn't think of anything else. I think when she started prison she maybe judged the women a bit, but I think she grew to respect and love her fellow inmates. That shows when Larry's radio show airs. She really changes in prison and it is for the better.

5) I can relate to her even though I've never been in her situation- One of the things I find amazing about the characters of Orange Is The New Black is that they are so easy to connect with even as someone that has never been to jail or anything. It could be because Piper is based off of a real person, but she is so easy to relate to. When they show her as a kid, I don't think I was quite like that as a kid, but I felt like I was similar. Not every show like this has a character that I can relate to, but I love OITNB because you really can feel for all of the women that are in prison.


So that is it! I hope you guys liked this and let me know who you are woman crushing on this wednesday!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f