Skip to main content

It List: June 2014!

This is a good month already and I knew before it even started! I already had my first "it" items before June even started and that makes me happy.

1) The Original Long Island Iced Tea- So this isn't what it sounds like lol. It's non alcoholic its just literally iced tea thats from Long Island. It's gluten free, slightly healthy there are two servings in a bottle. I don't think this is available everywhere right now, but it's been popping up at my Costco and it will probably be at some more Costco's, so if you are in the New Jersey, New York, Connecticut maybe Pennsylvania area, look out for it. It's pretty healthy and the flavors are amazing. We got a combo pack, I think my favorite flavor is Peach, but they have Raspberry, Lemon and Green Tea with honey also. The green tea with honey I think is a more powerful antioxidant, so if you're having trouble going to the bathroom, try that one. Not to be gross, just a tip/warning.

2) Brownie Brittle- Another Costco MUST! This is delicious and also not super unhealthy. It's like a cookie and a brownie in one. It's like the hardened edges of the brownies that taste super good morphed together into a delicious morsel of food. Lol. It's 120 calories a serving, and I don't totally understand what the serving size is but its more than 2 for sure. Really good. Def recommend. Get snacks at Costco now they are amazing!

3) Victoria Secret Pink Campus Pant- These are the best most comfortable things in the world. They have like a fleece lining and they're a little cropped. They were on sale for $30 at Victoria Secret and they are the bees knees!

4) Orange is The New Black- Holy CRAP! This season was soooo sooooo good. I loved the first season, but man this season was even better! I don't totally understand why it was so much better for me or how I became so emotionally conflicted because of this season, but it was by far one of the best seasons of anything on television. I'm actually a little jealous of Jenji Cohen for being so brilliant and creating such a flawlessly perfect show, plus Weeds which was amazing too on top of that. Hats off to you! It was just everything. And it ended so well too, the last 25 minutes of the last episode were the absolute GREATEST and I loved every second of it! It was amazing!

5) The Nerdist Podcast- I've mentioned a lot of podcasts before, but I don't think I've ever mentioned the Nerdist podcast and it is one of the best! It's just basically Chris Hardwick, who is a really awesome comedian and the host of the show at midnight and he also does a lot of
"after the show" type of specials like Talking Dead and Talking Bad, which I've never seen but I'm sure they are awesome. But yeah, he recently did an interview with Mitch Hurwitz who created Arrested Development and it was pretty much the best thing ever. Mitch Hurwitz is my absolute hero, I love him I want to get into writing and into comedy because of him and he was actually super helpful and inspiring in this podcast. If anyone is thinking of writing comedy and just wants to hear some insight into what that is like, definitely listen to this! It has helped me a whole lot and I feel like I'm not that far off from being the next Mitch Hurwitz or Tina Fey right now and I really find it helpful and inspirational.

6) Channing Tatum- I feel like I don't need to explain this one too much. He's Channing Tatum and I'm a straight woman, he's obviously on my it list! lol. It's also because he's been promoting 22 Jump Street and he's been on tv shows lately and he's actually really funny and just seems like an all around nice and adorable guy. He was on At midnight the other night and they were talking about Fan Fiction and Channing was blushing and he just seemed so uncomfortable and it was too cute. I also still can't get over his role in This Is The End... I feel like anyone that degrades themselves that much in the name of comedy, especially when he himself is not a comedian is great. And I actually think aside from his looks he's an amazing actor. I've seen a lot of movies with him in it that I probably wouldn't have liked had he not been in it. I liked Step Up and I didn't even think he was hot at the time. I'm not into movies like The Vow and I actually really liked him in that also. He's an actor I feel like I will pay $11 to go see his movies, because as I get older and more broke I take that into
consideration. Idk if I want to pay $11 to see an Adam Sandler movie, but for Channing Tatum or Cameron Diaz I will gladly.

7) Two Dots- I downloaded this to do an app review and I forgot to do that... but I've been playing it so much, it needs to be mentioned here. It's just a game where you connect dots but you have to get a certain amount of each color and you have to do certain things and its just sooo soo fun. This is easy to get addicted too, the lives reload like Candy Crush which is frustrating, but still its a really REALLY fun game and I'm probably going to take a break and play it like right now...

8) Episodes- After finishing OITNB, I felt a little bit sad and I thought I would start watching season 3 of Episodes. I really like this show, but I didn't watch it earlier because I don't get showtime at school. I'm not sure if there's going to be a fourth season or not, I'm a little surprised they did a third season. It isn't the best show in the world, but it's super funny and addictive to watch. I enjoy it and I think the characters are great. I also love Matt LeBlanc and have an interest in comedy writing, so I think thats fun too. I just really dig this show.

Update: they have been picked up for season 4 yayyyyy!

9) These Sunglasses- how cute are these???? I haven't really worn them outside yet but just looking at them makes em happy.I got these at New York and Company which is the store I work at... And I probably have a million pairs of sunglasses from there. They're so nice and they block out the sun, they are almost always on sale so I get a lot of them and they usually look similar to designer brands. My sister has some designer sunglasses and she couldn't find hers one day so she took mine instead and actually liked them better. My sister is someone that knows her fashion and loves designers,so I was shocked by this.

I thought this pair was so different with the gold flowers on it,it just looked so cute and I love it!

10) This Kimono- I had been eyeing this kimono from cotton on for quite some time and I finally decided to get it because it was of sale. They didn't actually have my size, I got a small, maybe they only have small a. Idk it fit and it still looks oversized so I like it. I might by more when I get my paycheck this week because I really like these.This isn't me in this pic, but the cotton on model looks nice in it too! I mean I obviously look better in it because of the fabulousness shown above, but models can be pretty too. (totally joking about all this.)



And that is it for my It list. It's a little late this month but still thought I would share.

Byeeee!
-Shannon




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f