Skip to main content

ShanLogic #1: Tips on how to date people

Sooo as you can probably guess: I'm an amazing person when it comes to dating... Which is probably not true but hey I think I'm okay lol.

Btw if you guys don't know ShanLogic, it's basically my own personal philosophy on how to do things. My friends say my logic is odd, but it's totally legit and it absolutely works. If you want to live your life right, let me make your decisions for you... That is what I say. Or at least that's what I just decided now. ShanLogic is a little touch and go, cause logic works on the spot like that.

1) Find out his favorite muppet- this says more about a person than anything else that exists. In my idea a persons favorite muppet is a slight impression of themselves. I got this theory from my mom who always told me different family members favorite muppets. My dad's favorite has always been The Sweedish Chef. I don't know why that resonated with me so much as a child, but as an adult I can see a lot from my dad by that choice. My dad does cook, both of my parents cook, and my dad is a little more shy and soft spoken around people other than direct family and people he likes/ people that like sports. It makes sense. My moms grandfathers was Rolf the Dog. I always thought this was an odd choice, but my mom said he liked that he could play the piano. I didn't know him that well, but I admire him for choosing Rolf out of all the muppets.

My favorite muppets are Statler and Waldorf and Miss Piggy. This actually says a lot about me. I'm kind of selfish like Piggy, but I am also very sweet and lovable around people that I love, the way Piggy is with Kermy and the rest of the muppets. I'm also very critical of others and it makes me feel better when I can poke fun at others like Statler and Waldorf. I love watching talk shows just to make fun of them, but not in a mean way. I'll poke fun at Rachel Ray, but I mean Rachel Ray is more successful than I am, she can totally handle my insults if she were to hear them, and I admire her for that.

2) Find out what kind of comedy he likes- This kind of goes along the same lines as favorite muppet. Find out what he thinks is funny and interesting and go with that. I once dated a guy that didn't like Demetri Martin. I didn't think that was a deal breaker at the time... But I am so similar to Demetri Martin that that is not a good thing to not think he's funny. I quote Demetri Martin almost daily in life... If you don't think he's funny idk if you can stand to be around me.

Also if he likes someone that's maybe less funny than Demetri Martin... Maybe don't insult them. I saw Nick Swarsdon live once, didn't think he was terrible but I saw him with Demetri, Zach Galifinakis (before the hangover), and Will Ferrel. They are all super super funny people and I think their comedy was maybe not fitting with Nick Swardsons comedy. I think he's super funny in movies, and his stand up wasn't bad but he was my least favorite of the bunch. This was insulting and I kind of feel bad that I insulted another persons favorite comedian. It's not a good thing.

Also what tv shows he likes. I have more of a guy sense of. Humor than a girl sense of humor I think, so I can watch shows that are considered more like sausagefest shows than like Pretty Little Liars. I'm not easily offended by shows like The League or Louie... So I think that's a thing. I also like Sex and The City and if a guy likes that show you get like 50 bonus points. 100 bonus points if we can actually watch it together lol.

3) True love can't really happen anywhere- I guess it can if you do it right. I've talked about this lame ass guy hitting on a girl on the train... She's not going to fuck you on the train. It's not like one day you'll be telling your grandkids how you basically harassed a girl into giving you her number because you were literally trapped in a moving vehicle together. No.

And if you have to ask "am I making you uncomfortable" you 100 percent are!!! It's just Perry and gross, just don't be a creep. Seriously not that hard!

4) When all else fails, go to Game Stop- Girls, I think one place that is overlooked at the "meeting dudes" department is frickin Game Stop. Basically I feel like a Princess whenever I go into Game Stop because all the guys that work there immediately drop everything and cater to your every need. They are sooo nice and friendly and sure there probably aren't many girls that go there, but you can tell those guys know how to treat a girl! If they treat every girl they talk to like their customers, they are good people. Lol.

So that is my non expert advice that totally works and you should definitely follow if you want to have a successful life.

Byeeeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f