Skip to main content

Weekly Charts: Music and Movies!

Heyyy guys! So I need to come up with a more clever name for this, but basically I will be commenting on the top 5 movies of the week and the top 5 songs on itunes... I won't do this all the time, but every once and a while on a monday I will!

Sooo lets start out with songs... I can already tell you I haven't heard a single one of these!

5) Wastelands by Linkin Park- I kind of hate Linkin Park... for no good reason I guess. A lot of my friends liked them at some point, they are friends I think with a lot of the bands I liked in high school, but I could never really get into them. Maybe because all of their songs sound the same idk... I haven't heard the song yet... maybe I should listen to the preview at least. Well it sounds different than their other songs... but I still don't like it. I'm never going to be into this band. NEXT!

4) Wiggle By Jason Derulo feat. Snoop Dogg- First off... I was quite sure Snoop Dogg had changed his name to Snoop Lion and this CLEARLY says feat. Snoop Dogg... Idk if its the same one or not, but that should be noted. I don't totally dislike Jason Derulo... but this song kind of sucks.

Also I don't understand why it is so appealing to have a wiggly ass... There are several songs that refer to wiggling and wobbling when it comes to ass and butts... but no... why do you want it to wiggle? I think the overall shape, size and grabability is more important than the wiggley wobbly factor... IF YOU'RE GOING TO OBJECTIFY WOMEN, DO IT RIGHT DAMNIT!

Plus his cover art is creepy... yeah. I like him with Jordin Sparks and I hope he's not a creep like Robin Thicke.

3) Rude by MAGIC!- All caps and an exclamation point? That automatically makes me like them less. Let's hear this... Can't tell if this song is only #3 because of a joke or not... It seems like if Rebecca Black's music factory or whatever had a ska/reggae band... this would be it. I only heard the sample... I may do a more in depth analysis of it later in the week because the lyrics sound that awful but basically it goes "why you gotta be so rude... I'm gonna marry you anyway." Those are 2 completely different thoughts. Anyway, yeah if this is the song of the summer... I'm going to hate everything.

2) Am I wrong by Nico and Vinz- Actually I did hear this song before I just shazammed it the other day because I did kind of like it. I think this might be one of those smaller songs that takes the summer by storm in a surprising way. Like Goteye's Somebody that I used to know or something like that. This is my favorite so far... probably like it more than the next song too...

1) Problem by Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea- I like this song more than Ariana Grande's song that was big last year... but I don't understand the obsession with this girl! When I heard The Way at work last year I thought that it was a 90s song by like TLC or something... I had no idea that was who Ariana Grande was or that it was a current song. Needless to say, I was shocked. But yeah... not a big fan. Let's get to movies now!!!

Movies 

5) Blended- When I first saw the trailer to this movie I thought it looked okay... then I saw it again and I was like "well the story doesn't really make sense at all." I'm not a big fan of Adam Sandler... but I like Drew Barrymore, I think she's a very beautiful and classy actress. This looks kind of good even though it's failing at the box office kind of. My friend is studying to become a vet and she actually worked with some of the animals in this movie I think when she went to Africa a few years ago. I know she worked with the lion that attacked Adam Sandler, and she worked with animals other than lions too... so yeah. I wonder.

4) Godzilla- This was a movie I was really excited to see when I saw the trailer... but I haven't seen it yet, and I don't know if I will see it in theaters. I always feel so hyped when I see a trailer for an action or comic book movie... but I hardly ever like action movies and I hardly ever see them. This looks like a cool movie, but at the same time, do I want to sit in a movie theater for 2 or 3 hours just to see a giant monster destroy New York? Idk. I love Bryan Cranston and I'd like to see him in it, but idk.

3) A Million Ways To Die In The West- Wow! I'm surprised this is #3! I really want to see this. I don't like Family Guy, but I did like Ted... although I didn't love it and I don't think its something I can watch over and over again... doesn't make it a bad movie, just a bit mehhh. I tend to like movies I can watch again and again better, so yeah. I haven't heard reviews for this yet, but again it looks funny and I want to see this and hopefully will see it. My mom weirdly wants to see this too I think... idk if I want to see it with her tho lol.

2) X Men: Days of Future Past- What I said for Godzilla alll over again. I feel like X Men is something that I should really watch and I kind of want to see all of the movies, but there are sooo many goddamn movies. There are like 2 or 3 from the original franchise, there's an x men prequel and there are 2 wolverine movies... I feel like I'm missing something but I'm not. That's just a lot. Idk about it. It's supposed to be really good, but there are far too many comic book movies to hold my interest any more. And there's a reboot for every frickin thing. I'm even slightly annoyed with batman by now to be honest. Tooo Too many.

1) Malefacent- This is what I really want to see. I love Sleeping Beauty, I love Malefacent, I think the visuals look amazing, It is another goddamn action movie, but its female centric and there aren't many of those. I love an origin story, especially an origin story of a villain and Malefacent is kickass and Angelina Jolie is kickass so this movie should be awesome.

So that is all from the charts. I had a dream the other night where I said there really aren't many movies I like and there really are not. I see a lot of movies, but there are few that I feel like are really made for me... and that's been upsetting me recently. I'm more into tv anyway... so there's that.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f