Skip to main content

Stuff that Happened This Week (6/22-6/28)

1) Seth Rogen and James Franco will likely start WW3- So if you haven't seen previews for the movie The Interview yet, it's a movie where James Franco and Seth Rogen are hired assassins that are trying to kill Kim Jung Un. You can see why he's unhappy. He has condemned the movie. I really want to see it. I love Seth Rogen and James Franco and I think that this is why America is America. We can make the movies we want, we can look things up without them being banned or censored in any way. Idk, I'm curious to see how many people are offended by this ans what will happen of it. I wonder what Dennis Rodman thinks about it. It's just a weird and f'ed up situation to be honest. I feel like somewhere in th galaxy there's a Utopia on some sort of planet where everyone gets along and everything is peaceful and perfect. If you tried to explain the conflicts the US has with North Korea and other countries they would probably be really confused. Idk how to better explain that, but I feel like that would be a confusing thing to explain to someone that doesn't understand.

2) The girl that got kicked out of KFC was a hoax- A few weeks ago there was a report about a girl with bruises being kicked out of a KFC by an employee for disturbing the customers. I didn't report on this because I smelled bullshit on it. It was a weird story all around. It didn't seem like they were focusing on the girl that was abused, but the fact that it was at a KFC. That's an odd thing, child abuse is very serious and if I saw a girl with bruises on her face I'd probably report it and not kick her out of a restaurant.

The next news story that came out was that KFC was paying for her surgery. So it's gone to this girl has bruises on her face to this girl suddenly needs surgery and KFC is paying for it. Odd. I don't think KFC would pay if their employee screwed up. If any other KFC employee screwed up your order I don't think they would pay for it, so I definitely don't think they would pay for surgery.

I feel like a lot of these stories are hoaxes, and you can kind of spot them in news stories. If it seems super unbelievable and too weird for anyone to actually do... it likely is. That's just kind of a give in. Especially if there's a big company involved, its a commercial.

Also they didn't show pictures of the little girl. So that's when I called BS.

3) Laura Prepon to appear in EVERY episode of OITNB This Season- I like Alex on the show, so I guess I'm happy about this but I'm not a fan of Piper with Alex. I think Alex is horrible to Piper! She got her into prison in the first place, she was clingy when the two were together and she's just the type of person you don't end up with. She's an asshole! Lol. I'm not saying Larry is absolutely wonderful... but at the same time I understand why he did what he did. He really loved Piper and he proposed to her before she went into jail! That's so sweet and great! I also think it makes sense that he slept with Polly. He wanted a life with Piper and a kid and to be married to her, it makes sense that he would choose the person that knows her most and that actually has a kid. I don't think its going to work out between them at all and I think they're going to realize that if they are in season 2. Ugh. Frustrating.

I get Alex is hot, but still... not exactly someone you could take home to mom or anything.

4) Pearl Jam Breaks into Frozen's Let It Go at concert- I think this is funny. I've always thought of Pearl Jam as this kind of badass rock band and here they are singing this kids song at one of their concerts. I didn't actually see the video... maybe I'll do a Shannon Goes Viral on it, but I just think thats really funny. And I totally give them props for doing that, that's kind of awesome!l


5) Gordon Ramsey to end Kitchen Nightmares in US and UK- I don't really watch this show that much, but from what I've seen of it, it must be EXHAUSTING! Ohhh wait... I'm thinking of Hell's
Kitchen... No this is what I was thinking of okay. I don't think Gordon Ramsey is quite that mean in real life, so to yell at people all the time for all the show must be
exhausting. It's been on for quite a
few years too, so it seems like an okay time to end it. I'm sure fans of the show will disagree, but
meh... its a cooking show thats kind of gimmicky. Not overly impressed.

6) Francis Bean Cobain tells Lana Del Rey that dying young isn't cool- This sounds like a ridiculous story to be honest... Francis Bean Cobain, daughter of Kurt Cobain was not criticizing Lana Del Rey, but when she heard that the singer said that there was something to be romanticized about musicians that die young and Lana went as far as to say "I wish I was dead already." Since Francis Cobain actually knows what it is like to be a loved one of a musician that died young, she is clearly against the singer's comment. Lana Del Rey responded saying that she didn't mean it that way and that she didn't think that Kurt Cobain was cool because he died young... but it definitely sounds that way when she says "I wish I was dead already." I'm not sure. I think Lana Del Rey sounds kind of ignorant in this. Francis Cobain seems really smart and like she actually knows what she's talking about and yeah that is a downright stupid thing to say. Dying young isn't something cool, when you have loads of young fans you shouldn't say things about dying young being cool. I don't know, I like Lana Del Rey's music but at the same time... life isn't always as sad as she makes it. It just seems like she kind of exploits sadness in order to make music and that's not cool. Why can't we still have songs like "what a wonderful world" instead of all "summertime sadness songs." No wonder everyone is so depressed!

7)Diane Sawyer to leave World News Tonight and David Muir is taking her place- Ever Since Diane Sawyer started World News Tonight... it seems like she's never been on it. David Muir fills in for her a lot and I think he does a good job. I don't really like watching the news that much, I don't particularly like World News Tonight... but I watch it because we like our local ABC reporters and we like jeopardy so thats in between. And it isn't bad. I like their person of the week part... I just don't like news that much because its all too biased. Odd how I say this on a news blog post... but I'm just saying my opinions on interesting things that happen this week because this is scribbles about life,
 and the news is a particularly important part of day to day life. My opinions on it are important to me, I'm not professional, I'm not getting paid I just say things I want because I want to, not because
someone is paying me to.

So yeah after that rant about the news I like Diane Sawyer and I think something like news specials will be better for her and I think David Muir will do a great job on the news. 

8) The Queen of England visited the Game of Thrones set- we can stop the news now because this happened. Ummm this is pretty much the most amazing thing ever and it's kind of hilarious. The best part? She didn't even get to sit on the iron throne!!!!! Lol! At least there were no weddings there. That is kind of amazing.

9) Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy to leave The View- Now the show will just be called Whoopie. Lol no apparently Abc wanted to go in a new direction with the show so it sounds like they got rid of Sherri I think... Didn't sound like she wanted to leave and then Jenny McCarthy tweeted if they're getting rid of Sherri,  I'm going to. Which makes it sound like she left on her own... Which I'm not totally sure about either. I liked both Sherri and Jenny McCarthy. I don't really watch the show, but I feel like it's less annoying with Jenny McCarthy and I think she's a smart and interesting person. She could totally do her own show, even a late night show I think she would be great at. And I feel bad for Sherri because she's going through a divorce and she's already had a rough divorce and is expecting a child with her soon to be ex husband who wants full custody of the child. She joked about the divorce on The View and I feel like being I the show has probably helped her a lot with that. I would like to see her do comedy again.

10) Shia Lebeouf arrested for acting like Shia Lebeouf- I really loved Even Stevens and I wish Shia Lebeouf just stayed as Louis Stevens and disappeared after that. Lol now he's been arrested for going onstage and being disruptive during Act 1 of Caberet. This is kind of a weird story because I haven't heard what he's actually done. Entertainment weekly just said he was taken out in handcuffs and he was smoking in the theater. My mom said he went on stage and took a cherry from some woman's drink and put it in another woman's drink. I have no idea he's a crazy person and I really want him to not be famous anymore.

11) Fired Nanny won't leave the family's house- Usually I don't have more than 10 stories... But the news has been so crazy I feel the need to say more things. So apparently this family hired a nanny on Craig's list... Which is kind of a bad decision to begin with. This is the care of your child... Don't go to a website most well known for its murderers and prostitution. Seriously shady as hell. Anyway so they hire this woman and a few weeks in, she stops doing her job as a nanny and just stays in her bedroom all day. The family tried to fire her,but this nanny likes to sue people, so she threatened to sue them for kicking her out and the law seems to be protecting the nanny. This is not right, the woman described this nanny as "someone who just likes to ruin peoples lives for her own amusement" or something like that. They are now keeping a bicycle lock on their fridge door so that she can't get into it. I feel like it's terrible that the family has to live that way... But I also think that's kind of what you get. This is your fucking child, don't skimp out on the quality of care that you're getting for the child. Do a background check, don't use craigslist but use a more official type of site.They could have totally prevented this from happening if they were just a little bit more responsible. Usually, I hate blaming the victim of something like this but when you are responsible for the life of another human being, don't take that job lightly. Make sure to get the best care you can for the and just take a few seconds at least to do a background check. I'm not blaming the victim here because the real victim is the child.

12) Nancy Grace told a man that his child was found in his basement on live television-  This is so weird and I think this is the future of journalism and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. So a man's son went missing and he called Nancy Grace to try to find him and apparently the son was in the basement the whole time, and it seems likely that he was kept in there by his stepmother and uncle. This is a really crazy story all around... The boy says that his stepmother locked him in the basement and there was some text message about him not doing his chores... Which were apparently to run for hours on an elliptical? I have no idea what to even make of this story I think it was the stepmother that locked him inside the basement because that's what the kid said happened. there were also reports of blood found there and apparently he was being fed as well. And they think the uncle may somehow be involved in this as well. Again I can't see how people could treat their child this way. This is a crazy story and no one seems to be able to make any sense of it, but it seems like all he adults involved here knew what was going on to an extent and that they could have helped prevent it somewhat at least. I don't think that the father locked him up in the basement,but there is something off about the whole situation and it's just weird.

I don't really want to leave this on a dark note...so I will say that this Thursday was the birthday for two of the best people in Pawnee: Ron Swanson and April Ludgate! Apparently both Nick Offerman and Audrey Plaza share a birthday which is really cool. Hope they had a good one.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f