Skip to main content

Stuff That Happened This Week: (6/15-6/22)

1) Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield promote charities for Paparazzi- I've seen them do this before I think. They were out to lunch and some paparazzi was following them, so they put up a sign in front of their faces saying that they don't need the paparazzi's attention, but these organizations could use the attention and they showed some websites for organizations to donate money too. I think this is nice. I know the celebrities don't always want all the attention and they probably would rather have it go to people that need it. I hope that people donate based on these photos, otherwise thats kind of sad.

2) Tracey Morgan released from hospital- After his scare in the car crash that left the actor in critical condition, he has been recovering and is now being released from the hospital! He still needs to go to a rehabilition center, and I'm sure he still has a lot of recovery to get to and it will be incredibly hard for him knowing that his friend and writer Jimmy Mack died in the accident. It's just a sad situation. I am happy that he's recovering and I wish him the absolute best, but its still so sad.

3) AMC Orders Season 2 of Better Call Saul and pushes date back to 2015- This is awesome and kind of sucks at the same time. I'm very excited for the breaking bad spinoff and I was hoping that I would be able to see the first season in November, but I'm happy its already got a season 2 that's awesome! It's just a few more months, it'll be out early in 2015 so that's cool.

4) Rian Johnson to Direct Star Wars Episode VIII and IX- I didn't know who this was, but now I do and he is awesome. He directed some episodes of breaking bad, and some good ones. He directed the bottle episode Fly which I thought was brilliant, even though it is the lowest rated episode. He also directed the highest rated episode and probably another one of my favorites, Ozymendias. He also directed Looper and Brick, so maybe Joseph Gordon Levitt will be in it! lol one can hope. I think this sounds cool. I'm not totally sure we need all that many star wars movies, but I'm a fan of the original and I'll be able to get more money for my star wars toys now! lol!

5) Hope Solo Arrested on Assault Charges- I didn't know who this was and I thought that it was Han Solo and I wondered how they could arrest Han Solo because he's a good guy. She apparently assaulted her sister and her nephew and will be in jail instead of playing in the game this week. That's unfortunate during the World Cup.

6) Katie Couric marries John Molner in New York- This makes me happy. I honestly do not like Katie Couric's talk show because it doesn't have much of a theme to the episodes... like it is honestly the most random selection of topics ever, but I do like Katie Couric as a person. I think she's a good reporter and she's a good person and I'm really happy for her. She always seems sooo soo happy when she would talk about John and when she had her wedding episode they were so cute together. She's been through a lot in her life, her first husband died at an early age and I'm happy she found such a great man now.

7) Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis reunite for a Thelma and Louise Selfie- The original Selfie- pair- Thelma and Louise were reunited and took another selfie of themselves over 20 years later. Does this mean a sequel? No it doesn't because Thelma and Louise die at the end. Sorry for the spoilers... but if you haven't seen it by now, you probably never will. I did see this movie and I was quite a fan. I thought it was quite great. And I kind of have a woman crush on both Susan and Geena. Not ashamed, these women have always been beautiful!

Pretty much all of the rest of the news is about the World Cup, and I don't understand or care about Soccer... so that's all of the important things that happened this week. There was probably other stuff... but whatever. Lol. This is all the news I found interesting.

Byeeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f