Skip to main content

Woman Crush Wednesday- Tina Fey! (100TH POST!!!!!)

This is my 100th post so I figured I'd make this a very long awaited and incredible post about my #1 woman crush and idol the lovely and talented Miss Tina Fey.

I love Tina Fey she is brilliant and beautiful and funny. Words cannot describe my admiration for Tina Fey. She's just the best. This may be an uneventful 100th post because idk where to even begin with this...

I loved her on SNL, I thought she was super great on Weekend Update and at the time I didn't even know that she was the head writer of the show at the time... that must have been awesome. Except in her book when she describes that guys actually peed in jars instead of going to the bathroom. Watching sketches with her and Amy Poehler together made me realize it's okay to be a funny girl. These two women were "the funny ones" and they were on tv and doing amazing!

And I remember watching 30 Rock when it first came on wayyyyy back in the day. I was a Freshman in High School and Arrested Development had just ended and I really knew then that I wanted to write a show like Arrested Development. Seeing Liz Lemon's life in 30 Rock made me realize what my future would be like.... and I really liked that. Maybe it doesn't seem like the most glamorous future in the world, but I'd like it. It'd be really cool and I want to go to there.

And her book Bossypants may have been even better than that. There were soooo many chapters I can relate to. She was a nerdy kid boys didn't pay attention to, so was I! She's doing a job that people don't think women can do and she is wayyyyy funnier than any man. And the chapter where she started to do Sarah Palin on SNL, plan her daughter's Birthday Party and get Oprah on her show was fantastic. You can see how stressed she was, but all of those things were perfect... well okay I don't actually know about her daughter's birthday party... but the Oprah episode of 30 Rock was great and so was her Sarah Palin impression.

And did I mention how amazing 30 rock is?????Seriously go watch it right now! That show is my life!!! Workin on my night cheese!

Ohhh my gosh I haven't even gotten to Mean Girls Yet... Mean Girls is such a great movie! I'm probably going to have to do a whole post about Mean Girls because... there's a lot too it. I have a lot of complicated thoughts on Mean Girls... but I love it it's one of my favorite movies.

Okay yes that is all. How much do you love Tina Fey? Let me know


OHHH AND AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES WHEN AMY POEHLER WON AND SHE MADE FUN OF TAYLOR SWIFT!!! She didn't make fun of her, but she congratulated Amy on her win and she said "I love you and there's a special place in hell for you" which was kind of a burn and it was pretty damn spectacular.

Okay byeeeeeeeee for realz now!
-Shannon Kahermanes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f