Skip to main content

Woman Crush Wednesday- Tina Fey! (100TH POST!!!!!)

This is my 100th post so I figured I'd make this a very long awaited and incredible post about my #1 woman crush and idol the lovely and talented Miss Tina Fey.

I love Tina Fey she is brilliant and beautiful and funny. Words cannot describe my admiration for Tina Fey. She's just the best. This may be an uneventful 100th post because idk where to even begin with this...

I loved her on SNL, I thought she was super great on Weekend Update and at the time I didn't even know that she was the head writer of the show at the time... that must have been awesome. Except in her book when she describes that guys actually peed in jars instead of going to the bathroom. Watching sketches with her and Amy Poehler together made me realize it's okay to be a funny girl. These two women were "the funny ones" and they were on tv and doing amazing!

And I remember watching 30 Rock when it first came on wayyyyy back in the day. I was a Freshman in High School and Arrested Development had just ended and I really knew then that I wanted to write a show like Arrested Development. Seeing Liz Lemon's life in 30 Rock made me realize what my future would be like.... and I really liked that. Maybe it doesn't seem like the most glamorous future in the world, but I'd like it. It'd be really cool and I want to go to there.

And her book Bossypants may have been even better than that. There were soooo many chapters I can relate to. She was a nerdy kid boys didn't pay attention to, so was I! She's doing a job that people don't think women can do and she is wayyyyy funnier than any man. And the chapter where she started to do Sarah Palin on SNL, plan her daughter's Birthday Party and get Oprah on her show was fantastic. You can see how stressed she was, but all of those things were perfect... well okay I don't actually know about her daughter's birthday party... but the Oprah episode of 30 Rock was great and so was her Sarah Palin impression.

And did I mention how amazing 30 rock is?????Seriously go watch it right now! That show is my life!!! Workin on my night cheese!

Ohhh my gosh I haven't even gotten to Mean Girls Yet... Mean Girls is such a great movie! I'm probably going to have to do a whole post about Mean Girls because... there's a lot too it. I have a lot of complicated thoughts on Mean Girls... but I love it it's one of my favorite movies.

Okay yes that is all. How much do you love Tina Fey? Let me know


OHHH AND AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES WHEN AMY POEHLER WON AND SHE MADE FUN OF TAYLOR SWIFT!!! She didn't make fun of her, but she congratulated Amy on her win and she said "I love you and there's a special place in hell for you" which was kind of a burn and it was pretty damn spectacular.

Okay byeeeeeeeee for realz now!
-Shannon Kahermanes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...