Skip to main content

How To-sday- How To Get Free Stuff

This is something I've blogged about before, but it was on a different blog and its something I'm always kind of obsessed with and I like seeing how much swag I can get in a month every once and a while lol. There are a lot of ways to get free stuff, or almost free stuff from nice stores, so I thought I'd share. 

1) Have favorite stores-Now usually stores only do freebies and send coupons if you spend a lot of money there, but thats why having favorite stores kind of pays off. For example, if you shop at Victoria Secret or Bath and Body works a lot of times they send 2 coupons to your house. One is usually a coupon for like 20 percent off or 10 dollars off or something, but often times, they'll have a second one that is for a free thing. These are usually no purchase necessary! For bath and body works its usually something small like a hand sanitizer or a travel spray or a mini candle, but still, those last quite a while! 

2) Wait till there is a freebie to get more luxury items- A lot of times, all different kinds of stores have a free gift with purchase. I'd say at least once a month every store I like does that. Sometimes its just a free tote bag, sometimes its a free phone case... there are a lot of things. I'm not saying that you have to do this every time you shop, if its something you need obviously just get it but if you don't need it right that moment, hold off a little while. I ran out of my Ouidad hair styling souffle a while ago, and I wanted to repurchase it, but I hadn't gotten around to it because it's a lot of money. On Ulta's website right now they're giving a free sample size of one of their hair masks with every $25 Ouidad purchase, so I feel like thats a little more justifiable. Ulta pretty much always has awesome freebies, so with that I always feel like I can wait. 

3) Influenster- I love Influenster. Influenster is like a Santa Clause company. They send out products- usually new products- for testing purposes and it's COMPLETELY FREE! They have you take a survey before testing the products to see if you've heard of some of the stuff and they'll kind of ask personal preferences and stuff like that. They'll send you a box of FULL SIZED products and then ask you another survey to see how you liked all of the products. I just got a Dove deodorant that so far I really, really like and I'll go into more detail about that on Thursday. Thursdays are busy for me, so I feel like I'll give a more full review then. 

And they test a lot of things out. They have beauty products, home things, I've seen people get full sized Bath and Body Works fragrance mists before... you can see why I signed up lol. It's great. 

Ohhh and mostly they look for reviews and posts on social media sites, so you need something to post reviews and all that jazz. You don't need a blog or a youtube channel but if you post pictures on facebook or twitter or something it's good. 

4) Join Contests- I've gotten a lot of free food by entering contests. Nestle Toll House gives away cookies to their "fan of the week" who usually just has to finish a quote or something. I won once and got a dozen free cookies (chocolate and sugar!) There are lots of facebook contests- especially local places. If you have a favorite restaurant by you... check out their facebook page. They may have contests or something. 

5) Look on Facebook- This goes with the last one. I saw Despicable Me 2 in the theaters for free before the movie came out because they were previewing the movie for a select few people. You could reserve up to 4 seats and just go see the movie for free. These are usually early in the day, and if it's a 3d movie its probably in 3d. All you have to do is print out the thing saying how many seats you reserved, and it's all good. 

6) Look for Bogos- A lot of stores have buy one get one 50 percent off a lot of times, but I know some places that do buy one get one free a lot too. At New York and Company they do a pant sale 2 times a year where all pants are buy one get one free. It's pretty awesome. A lot of places do this and once again- it will probably say on their facebook page when these deals happen. We even had a sale on our red line jewelry where it was buy one get 3 free... I was happy. I think Aeropostale does that with their camis a lot too... just a random fun fact lol. 

So basically freebies are all about timing... and I facebook and look online a lot so I always see when these things happen and I have a shopping addiction... so theres that too. 

Byeeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f